2450 Emmitsburg Road, Gettysburg, Pennsylvania, 17325, United States

Hotels.com Orbitz.com Travelocity

Satisfaction Terrible

• red carpet inn gettysburg

after reading some of the reviews we had second thoughts after making reservations , but we thought we would give it a try anyway . GLAD WE DID this place was great, it was close in to town not far from the battle fields,the rooms were really nice, the gentleman who ownes the place was very helpful,yes its a little old but the rooms were much nicer than most of the places we stayed on the trip up and back . I personally dont understand why anyone would give it a bad review , I would stay there again without any hesitation

Unique Quality: it had a pool which was not open {too early in the season} the room had a very nice bath heat and air ,microwave and fridg. tv. with cable, wifi, nice furniture and carpet about 3 minuits from the battlefield we could not have found a place as nice for what we paid

Directions: from center of town take emmitsburg rd. about 2 mi.

• Great Job!!

This is a no-frills place, which is good because we don't want frills and don't want to pay for frills. We've been staying here for about 20 years, when our family of five found affordable accommodations there. Now that all three children are in college, we STILL go back because it's HOME to us, and it's still affordable! It's undergone several ownership changes, but now, it's currently being run by a very capable man who is pleasant and helpful. If you want a clean place without a lot of extras, this is your place; it's quiet, outside of town, and hassle-free. A GREAT PLACE TO STAY!!

Unique Quality: Has two levels, the lower level has rooms able to sleep five. Also has a picnic table, swing set, and a pool.

• Worst Experience Ever

I've stayed here in the past with no problems & have always found it to be clean, if a bit shabby. But I haven't been here in about 2 years & boy, has this place gone downhill!

NEVER trust a place that charges you for the full stay upon check-in! Any reputable hotel, motel, etc. puts a hold on your credit card & then you pay in full upon check-out. They charge you up-front at places like this because they know you are likely to refuse to sleep here so it's the only way to make any money.

For starters, the rooms are VERY shabby. Ours had a noisy, smelly air conditioner & stained, peeling toilet seat. They advertise cable TV, but we received only 8 channels & three of them were without sound. Plus, there were no local channels so we couldn't even get a weather report. The only chair in the room was covered with disgusting stains.

The beds don't even have fitted sheets so every time you move, you touch bare mattress -- in a roadside motel, that's never a good thing.

The walls & doors had dirt, scuff marks & scrapes/holes. There were smashed bugs on the ceiling! The absolute worst is when we opened the nightstand to retrieve a telephone book & cockroaches crawled out!!!

And their rates are very high for the location & time of year - $100 per night for weeknights! No bargain.

It was around 11:30 PM & we had to hurriedly find a place to sleep. Now I'm fighting the charge on my card because they want $100 for the night I DIDN'T sleep there.

We were the only guests in the place, so it's not as though they were turning others away on a Wednesday night due to a full house.

Do yourself a favor - in Gettysburg, stay at a REAL motel or hotel, such as America's Best Value Inn on Steinwahr. Everything about it was better - cleaner, larger, more channels, better bed, plus no bugs, filth or horrible stenches. It was cheaper than the roach motel plus they allow pets, too!

• Pennpal's Profile Photo

Red Carpet Inn is no "deal"

I stayed there last year in July and to tell you the truth it's the "cheapest" place I've ever found to stay in Gettysburg, so when we went back down there for the memorial day weekend I "thought" I knew what to expect, but instead of "Peace" and contentment .. we were greeted by this man who is so cheap he honestly has told us not to use "too much electricity, (the circut breaker kept kicking off) we had the t.v. and the bathroom light on .! I requested a "smoking room " and when we got there (after we paid) told us not to smoke in the room .. to smoke outside !! the whole time we were there he spied on us to make sure we weren't smoking in the room!! Do I reccomend this place to anyone!! NO!! I will never go back to that place and I'm still thinking of reporting this man to the authorities! ( he was peeping in our window when my husband wasn't there!!)

Unique Quality: Nothing , Please save your money and book a place anywhere but there ,that man is a cheap ... creep!! I love Gettysburg and the place is wonderful!! Just avoid the Red Carpet Inn ... PLEASE!

Directions: Outskirts of Gettysburg ... pass the national park