869 York Rd, Gettysburg, Pennsylvania, 17325, United States

Orbitz.com Booking.com Expedia.com

• Absolutely Horrible

When booking my family's long weekend in Gettysburg I looked for an affordable hotel with a pool and hot breakfast. I knew I would not be staying at a top quality resort for around $100 a night. But I did expect reasonable service, cleanliness, and attention.

There were many problems with our stay. First, there was a broken lock on our door. I reported it as soon as I saw it and asked that for safety's sake it be repaired before we went to sleep. More than 8 hours later I went to the desk to inquire about the maintenance request. I was told that "he might be in today, but he might not". I told her this was unacceptable, and she replied that "the lock isn't really needed. I'll make sure no one goes past me who shouldn't be here". It didnt' seem unreasonable to her at all that I'd not put my familu's safety solely in her ability to monitor who came past her. Add to this the fact that the door at the end of our hallway, which is meant to be open with a key card, was open/unlocked for the entire duration of our stay.

The second issue was with the pool. The hot tub was not working during our stay. The pool itself was completely in disrepair and the water's surface was covered in grass (this is an indoor pool). The surface of the deck was at least 70% made up of peeling paint. The door to the area was literally held together by duct tape and rust.

The breakfast was severely lacking. When we arrived the first morning, with at least an hour left in service time, they were out of nearly everything including milk. The one hot item left (we took the last one) was actually cold. So, we promptly threw our meager breakfast away and went to a restaurant. Over the three mornings we spent $75 that we should have spent on a better hotel.

On our last evening, upon returning to the room after a day of sight seeing, I found a bag of personal items had either been stolen or thrown away by the housekeeping staff. Upon reporting this to the desk we were dismissed with the statement "she'd have no use for those things, she's too old to use them". We stated that we expected some information in the morning. We were again dismissed with excuses upon our trip to the desk the next morning.

Our bathroom was dirty, particularly the tub. I wiped it down myself, knowing the excuses I'd get from the front desk. There were four of us staying in the room, and each day we were left with three towels, necessitating yet another call to the desk for more.

I cannot recommend this hotel to anyone and will stay away from the Super 8 chain as a rule in the future.

Unique Quality: Good location near Gettysburg attractions.

Directions: One mile from attractions.

Comments