3.5 out of 5 stars3.5 Stars

Similarly priced and rated as other 3.5 star hotels

More about Wyndham Gettysburg

Great place to stay

by TripAdvisor Member tinybear

We just got back from a three night stay at this hotel. For the price it was a great hotel. The beds are UNbelievable, very comfortable! The bathrooms very nice, walk-in tiled showers, although be sure to lay down towels on the floor because the water from the shower does splash on the floor and I slipped on the floor on two different occasions.

We didn't get a chance to try out the pool so I can't comment on that. We did try the hotel dining room (1863) for dinner one night, food was average and I thought way over priced. Perkins down the road was a good place to get breakfast, make sure you get there fairly early on the weekends though, it got really crowded on Saturday morning.

The only bad thing I can say about the hotel was that we could hear people above us flushing their toilets and taking showers (we were on the fifth floor). I then figured out that by shutting the bathroom door you couldn't hear them as much, so we just kept the bathroom door shut at night.

It was probably maybe a 10 minute drive (at the most) to the battlefield, not a bad drive at all.

I would definitely stay in this hotel again and wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to anyone.

Resort status

by TripAdvisor Member weidjo

Simply a very nice hotel. Out of the way of traffic, near restaurants and movie theater. Yet within 15 minutes of the Battlefield, etc.
Excellent rooms. Resort status. Not cheap in price , but you get an excellent place to stay.

Loved It

by TripAdvisor Member Gmonty

We stayed 2 nights, a weekend get away for me and my husband. The hotel is brand new, not even a year old. The King size room was beautiful and clean. The people were friendly and helpful. We got a great deal for only $107 a night. It is not far from the downtown area, there is a movie theater and 2 restaurants outside the hotel within walking distance. The hotel has 2 restaurants, room service and a pool and gym. Would recommend it for families and couples

Beautiful hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Jamacianbeachgirl

This is a beautiful property. It is conveniently located and has a lot of perks such as a movie theater and gift shops in the complex parking lot. It sits next to the Courtyard and they both look exactly alike in design. The Wyndham was extremely clean with excellent linens and bedding. No refrigerators, but pop and ice were conveniently located on each floor. The bathroom shower was great with its unique glass door and internet connection in the room was great. I definitely recommend this property.

outstanding!!

by TripAdvisor Member mvetter

My soccer team and I were in town for the Battlefield Blast tournament and I couldnt be more happy with our stay! The hotel is conveniant to everything with an excellent family restaraunt right outside as well as a movie theatre, I have never slept in a bed that comfortable in my life,I have to find out where they buy their pillows-I hated to leave

Worth it

by TripAdvisor Member DorainSitges

This hotel is located next to a Courtyard Marriott, a movie theatre and 2 restaurants. It is easy to find off the highway but there isn't a view at all. My check-in was smooth and professional. Upon arrival in the room, we received a free bottle of wine and large fruit plate since we are members of their "By Request" program (strongly recommend).

Our King Suite was very large - there are no rooms larger than this in the surrounding area - believe me we know! It was also very, very clean with a foyer, large living room, bathroom and separate bedroom. The shower was as large as some hotel rooms I've stayed in. No kidding, my daughter and I spent time just running around in it (in socks of course).

On our return trip, we stayed at the Marriott next door and were sadly disappointed. The Wyndham is a new hotel so everything is very clean. The staff was friendly and our room had a small wet bar, refrigerator, microwave, 2 TVs and lots of quiet.

It is worth it to pay for the suites especially if you have children since it has so much room. This is the only hotel I will stay in.

Classy

by TripAdvisor Member luv2trekpa

We had a pleasant experience at our first Wyndham stay.

Like others have said, the room is very clean! (And new-er).

Some of the pros: Great sundries and personal items; plenty of extra towels (without asking); lovely decor; great bartender and hospitality staff; nice landscaping.

Cons (not enough to deter from staying at all): No bathtub (weren't expecting this); noise from the stairwell door; far from parking and elevator (probably just our room, although we requested a "quiet" room); no safe in room as hotel website had stated; not enough creamer for coffee; no refrigerator.

Convenient enough to downtown, with a little peace and quiet.

In all, a great stay with professional service. We'll try to get a room with a bath next time.

Excellent Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member annc123

We stayed at the Wyndham on our way through PA, and had a great night's rest. The beds are AWESOME, and the room couldn't have been more comfortable.

My only very minor complaint is that they do not have double queen/queen adjoining rooms (they only offer King/Queen and King/King adjoining), so we all had to hang out in one room. But it was no big deal, and I would definately stay there again just to sleep in that BED!

I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone going to Gettysburg.

An Excellent Choice

by TripAdvisor Member historymajor

What a beautiful property, everything is nice and clean. The hotel staff could not have been more accomodating or helpful. Our room was on the 6th floor and we experienced a lot of noise from what sounded like a compressor. We had to call at midnight and ask for a different room. Where else would you get that done graciously without an attitude? They were just terrific and moved us promptly. The battlefield was wonderful. We recommend the free ranger-led tours of the cemetery and battlefield. The rangers are extremely knowledgeable. The new visitors center will open next spring. Until then, be sure to see the light show that outlines the 3 days of the battle. Very helpful to orient oneself. We found a restaurant close to the hotel, Perkins, that we liked very much. Looks like a Denny's but is far from it. They had great baked goods and a senior menu for those of us 55 or better. Lots of food at good prices. Can't wait to return to Gettysburg.

Elegant, new, nice, good value, great location

by TripAdvisor Member tlhjar

Came here on a weekend getaway with my husband; after I couldn't find what we wanted in Lancaster, Wilmington, and another location, I considered Gettysburg. Hotel is new, staff is great, rooms are elegant. They were busy that weekend, with a formal wedding. The bride was having photographs in a scenic part of the lobby. They have wedding receptions here; it was fun to see everyone dressed up. In the gift shop they have fresh brewed coffee. The cashier recommended the Storytelling Festival nearby, and it was great! Went out to dinner later, we both had leftovers with cream sauces. No refrigerator in our room, but the front desk kept them refrigerated overnight for us. Pool and whirlpool were wonderful and spacious. Business center with a computer... using right now to write a review. No free breakfast (they have a restaurant, somewhat overpriced, but normal for this type of hotel), but if you sign up for By Request on wyndham.com, you have your choice of snack and beverage waiting for you when you check in. I was very happy with the price and with the hotel room, facilities, staff, and location. Nice restaurants nearby; downtown is on same road (York), and outlet malls are only a couple of miles south. Great, quiet, inexpensive relaxing getaway!!!!

Comments