604 Station Road I 81 Exit 28, Grantville, PA 1702
IHG Expedia.com Priceline.com

More about Holiday Inn Harrisburg Hershey

Simple Error Lovingly Taken Care Of Everything is Sweeter in Hershey

by TripAdvisor Member obxhatteraslight

I would like to take a moment and thank your General Manager; Randy Stuart as his administrative assistant Nicki Goliath. I was one of the people who stayed with the Northeast Mini Sweepstaking Convention. I had a super pleasant stay in 2006 and in 2007. I would still rate it a 4 thumbs up and highly recommend Holiday Inn Grantville to everyone that I know. I came down to the Mini Convention this year recovering from Pneumonia. I was last seen by my physician prior to travel and was told that my lungs were still tight; thusly meaning that the air flow was still compromised. I have been nursing myself back to health since Labor Day Weekend. I was one of the vendors in the Congressional Suite and I thought that I might`ve seen some dust up into the heating vents. Having a super sensitivity to airborne allergens it may have affected me adversely. I became quite ill with mental confussion, high temp, diarhea, sweating, chills and very weapy. I do suffer from Anxiety but just had all my meds tweaked in September. Moreover I would like to say that I took the time to contact MR Stuart and his secretary Ms Goliath treated me with the upmost passion and professionalism!! I`m in understanding that the vents in the Congressional Room were cleaned and an out of pocket cost was incurred by the hotel. For this I am sincerely sorry and feel bad to have caused such a fuss. Most of all I would like it brought to the attention of Holiday Inn Corporate that Mr Stuart contacted me by phone and was one of the most pleasant people I have ever talked to. It can`t be an easy job being a manager of a top rate hotel. This man does his job with such compassion and empathy that he makes it look FUN to work at Holiday Inn. He did refund one night of my stay at your establishment which I appreciated. It was above and beyond his call of duty to offer that to me. I am satisfied with the results and moreover glad that I spoke with Mr Stuart. I do plan on staying at your establishment in 2008. I will also make a point to come and meet Mr Stuart and Ms Goliath and thank them personally for there time and assistance.
Again, Please accept my sincerest words of Thanks for all that you and your staff did to assist me Mr Stuart.
Thanks Again,
Aimee McNamara

Why did it end so soon?

by TripAdvisor Member DRsPreciosa

This was a great experience. The hotel staff was upbeat and very friendly. My kids enjoyed their stay and on our last nite we didn't want to go. The food is great and the service is as well.

I don't even have to research where I'm going to stay when I return to Hershey next year, the Holiday Inn is the hotel for me!

HI Grantville...a destination for all seasons & reasons

by TripAdvisor Member PERSPELOSIS

This hotel has delivered countless quality meeting for the various groups I represent. The entire staff is focused on the event's success and my guest's satisfaction. (If my guests are happy, I am happy.)

I recommend this facility to any meeting planner seeking a quality, price sensitive venue where the first goal is customer satisfaction. Leisure and business travelers too will enjoy the well maintained guest rooms and clean public spaces.

Mat English (F&B Director) and Chef Dana will go out of their way to satisfy the tastes preferences of their guests and fit within your budget. Donna (DOS) and her sales office crew and Penny the convention services director round out the team and deliver exactly what is promised...and more!

Great Service/Food/Accommodations-

by TripAdvisor Member DLJBN

My husband and children have stayed at this hotel many times while visiting Hersheypark. Each visit has been a great experience! The overall service is excellent. The staff is obviously trained well. There are other food options in the area but we always chose one of the hotel's restaurants because we know the food quality and service will be good. The Kids Eat Free program is wonderful. The accommodations were clean and the beds were comfortable. The pool is maintained well and clean. Check in was easy and fast! The hotel is conveniently located to Hershey and many other attractions. Great value for the price!

Nice hotel

by TripAdvisor Member bluesteel22

I liked this hotel an most of its employees.We were there for a training siminar.We were givein a lesser room rate because of this class.The room was real nice however it faced I-81 so you heard the traffic all night.The only problem is located in the bar .Mike is as slow as you can get,an there was a young lady there at night who is as rude as she is slow.Bad combo.If you need takeout beer go across the street to Mama's pizza.Great service an prices

Excellent hotel for your next function!! We're going for year #3!!!

by TripAdvisor Member caran52

Just stayed at the hotel this weekend for a convention and the hotel is rated Excellent in my opinion. I was one of the organizers of the convention and not only booked the hotel for this year but also used them in 2006 and have just signed on for another convention there for 2008. I do not agree with the negative postings that I am seeing here. This hotel has a very caring management team and staff and I found the food served at our convention to be top quality with a food staff very eager to adjust and customize our menu to our needs. I found the entire hotel to be tastefully decorated and in proper order.

It is my opinion that some of the recent postings were prematurely posted without checking into things further and I would hope that they soon will re-post the proper responses.

Great place,great food,great,great

by TripAdvisor Member Marylamb7

We have been going to Holiday Inn, Gville, for ten years, they have the best brunch in the entire area, great food, clean, the most friendly staff we have ever encountered and I would highly recommend anyone travelling stop at the great hotel and enjoy the friendly atmosphere. MN

Great services at Holiday Inn

by TripAdvisor Member Belle58

The hotel was very clean with a fresh smell. The housekeeping staff was very efficient. The food presented at the breakfast was fresh with a variety of pastry, yogurt and fresh fruit. The check in was pleasant and very quick as was the check-out process. I was able to check out just by calling the specific number on the telephone. I recommend this specific Holiday Inn for everyone who is in that area of Grantville.

Wonderful staff

by TripAdvisor Member RuthEmma

I recently attended a conference at the hotel. I was extremely impressed with the staff - the management, banquet, food waitstaff, event managers and maintenance staff were all polite, quick to respond and were truly making the effort to make our stay a good one. Everyone was so accommodating and quickly addressed anything that was needed. The food was very good and I would definitely recommend this hotel to a group for a conference.

Very Unpleasant Experience

by TripAdvisor Member TravelWellPa

Since my first review was removed, I am posting again.
This is definitely not a 4-5 star hotel.
My recent stay was awful. My bathroom was filthy. There was black mildew/mold visible all over the shower tile. The bathtub was obviosly not scrubbed in quite some time. I became vilolently ill after spending less than 6 hours in the room. Upon my return home and a visit to my doctor, the diagnoses was "severe allergic reaction to mold". I have documentation to prove this. As does my roommate who also suffered a severe reaction.
The manager denies any moisture problem yet while I was in the hotel lobby, a large section of the ceiling tile fell to the floor. The back was covered in black mold and water was running out of the hole onto the floor. I immediately checked out. I was also not alone in the lobby when this happened.
I have been unable to even get a credit for the room since I posted the bad review of this property. I will continue to speak the truth regarding this hotel.
You also may want to check out the inspection report on the PA governments food inspection site.
[--]
By typing in Holiday inn and out of compliance you will be able to see the full report. This inspection was just a couple of days after my stay.
I am posting in the hopes of saving others from the horrible experience that I had.
I do not work for or have any affiliation with any other hotels. I am only posting the truth regarding a most unpleasant experience.

Comments