150 Nationwide Drive, Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, 17110-9746, United States

Satisfaction Terrible

More about Harrisburg

Statue of William PennStatue of William Penn

Butter sculpture of Ben FranklinButter sculpture of Ben Franklin

Walking the dogs...Walking the dogs...

picture from internetpicture from internet

Travel Tips for Harrisburg

Rural USA

by solopes

Harrisburg was our best opportunity to a quick approach to the rural USA. Though particularly influenced by the detail of the Amish cultural difference, it was nice to see the pace and simplicity in a agricultural area where the respect for traditions didn't keep the men from achieving high levels of efficiency and quality. More than a restaurant with a souvenirs shop, Stoltzfuss was a farm where work was on, despite the cloud of tourists seeking around.

The Whitaker Center for the Sciences and Arts

by PA2AKgirl

Probably one of the most enjoyable things for me to do in Harrisburg is go to the Museum of Science and Discovery, part of the Whitaker Center. Maybe that's because it's probably more geared to kids, so it's all hands on learning stuff about natural science:)

Included in the exhibits are the galleries of anatomy, mathematics in Nature and Art, people diversity--Culture and Communication, Environment and Ecology, Watersheds, Physics, color and light, music...and so on. You get the idea...there's a lot to see here. It's a great place.

A Harrisburg Tale

by hochbeam

"At the Garden Vietnamese Restaurant"

I'm not sure if this is a tale about Harrisburg, about Vietnamese culture, or about how to run a business, but here goes...

Sunday night is was hungry. Really hungry, as in I'd done 20 miles of the Harrisburg Greenway on my bike hungry. At 5:15 PM I saw the lights on a the Garden Vietnamese Restaurant, and went over. The sign on the door said "Closed Sundays 5PM". As I started to walk away, the man inside gestured emphatically for me to come in. I said I'd wanted to get take-out there, but I saw they were closed. He said that they were closed, but then proceeded to take my order, and yell it in Vietnamese to the cook, who was starting to clean up. As I took my food, he said to me matter-of-factly, "We saw you walking away, and didn't want you to go away without having something to eat," as if it was his personal responsibility to see that I got fed that evening.

Dinner was delicious.