Sheraton Harrisburg-Hershey

4650 Lindle Road, (formerly Wyndham), Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, 17111, United States

Sheraton.com Priceline.com Booking.com

Costs 30% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• Victim of sheraton Employee theft

Husband and I were guests in April. We were out of the room for an hour and 15 mins. In that time a break in occurred. Thanks to low jack our laptop was recovered and traced back the maintenance man who had taken it to the pawn shop. He has been charged and arrested. Sheraton lied about past history of stolen items from hotel rooms. During the same time room tvs were stolen from hotel which was also connected to maintenance man when the police found it in his home. The detective says he has a long criminal history. Do not stay at this hotel. Sheraton was of no help and told us to file a claim against our insurance which we did not.

Unique Quality: No criminal background checks for employees and lied about prior thefts.

More about Sheraton Harrisburg-Hershey

Nice Property, but ASK about conventions

by TripAdvisor Member CloneJessie

We liked this hotel, but there was a Pee Wee Hockey tournament in town so the property was overrun with children, badly behaved children. The front desk staff had to change our room and put us in a part of the hotel where the conventioners were not staying. I would stay there again, but I would first ask what conventions they were hosting.

Great all around!

by TripAdvisor Member NyPickytraveler

We recently stayed here over the Memorial Day weekend, while visiting Hershey Park. I can't say enough good things about this property. The rooms were extremely comfortable and clean.The staff were helpful and friendly. We eat at the restaurant for their breakfast buffet and would highly recommend it for its value and convienance, especially if you are heading to "the Park" for the day. The pools looked great, although we did not take advantage of them. The location could not be better, we were a short 10 minute drive from all the attractions and traffic was not a problem at all!

I would absolutely recommend this hotel and will definitely stay there again on my next trip to the area!

Watch out for kids!

by TripAdvisor Member anonymousPA

We stayed here for a weekend getaway. Check-in was fine, but when we went to our room, we noticed there were posters on many of the surrounding doors - that should have been a warning. The place was swarming with members of some youth athletic team. The kids (and their chaparones) congregated in the hallways, and the noise went on until well after midnight and then started again early the next morning. I called the desk and was told the hotel had members of the group throughout so changing my room wouldn't help. The manager did offer to send security. I don't know if they came as the noise certainly did not let up.

Otherwise, the room was fine, nicely decorated, very comfortable bed. If you plan to stay here, I would suggest checking to see if any groups will be staying at the same time.

Sad Experience

by TripAdvisor Member rzook

Very disappointed! Our son was housed at this hotel by the military on his final evening in PA before leaving for US Marine Corp boot camp. We as a proud family wanted to be with him early the next morning to see him take his military oath and say our goodbyes. We booked a room at this hotel so we could spend the last evening with our son. The condition of the property was in poor-fair condition. The hotel offers no special amenities such as continental breakfast. Coffee pot in the room was not cleaned from the last guest's use. Beds were better than average and does have a nice pool. Most disappointing, the room rate for one night was well over $200 which we paid so we could be with our son. But we have stayed in much nicer places with more to offer for less then $100/night.

Loved our Stay Here!

by TripAdvisor Member Jesus_Geek

My entire family chose Hershey Park for our family reunion this year. We selected this Hotel for our stay. I cannot say enough positive things about this hotel, and the staff. The rooms were quiet, beautiful and the beds were heavenly. The hotel offers a 24 hr in-house convenient store if you need a midnight snack or toiletries. I noticed that the hallways are not well air-conditioned, but this wound up being a blessing on our way back from the indoor pool. The expansive pool has an indoor and outdoor version, separated by a beautiful glass wall.

In addition, the in-house restaurant is fantastic and reasonably priced. The food was so good, we ate their every night.

They offer a breakfast buffet, which is not included in the cost of the room. However, because we purchased a Hershey Park package through the hotel, we were given free passes to the breakfast buffet every morning. And it was far more than muffins and cereal. They had everything from made-to-order omelettes to fresh fruit.

The staff of both the hotel and the restaurant should be commended. On more than one occasion, management checked on us to ensure we were having a good stay.

The day we left, I noticed a large group of athletes 'taking over', so I'd check with the hotel to see if there are any scheduled conferences during your stay.

Overall, it was pricey. But we happily got what we paid for.

Had some problems

by TripAdvisor Member rosimmom

We booked the Hershey Package at the Sheraton. It worked out great for us. But our rooms were not up to snuff. Our room had phones that did not work and our friends room had a shower that didn't drain. They could not fix it and they just gave us monetary credits. The hotel pool was nice and the buffett was great. The staff was friendly and they tried their best to help but they couldn't fix the problems in our room. The credit was helpful but for a Sheraton we expected more.

The Worst

by TripAdvisor Member teddy924

The Sheraton is the worst hotel to to stay in! My friends and I paid over $400 and was not accomadated by management. My friend book a room with two double beds & complimentary breakfast through Expedia. We get to the hotel at 8 p.m after driving for 6 hours and find that our room only has one bed and reeks of smoke. When we contacted management {John & Nakia} we were told that the hotel was book and we would have to take up our problems with Expedia. So 4 adults had to sleep on one bed!!!!!! No one came up to our room to try and compensate us by perhaps offering us free complimentary breakfast or perhaps something to set us at ease. All they did was blame expedia and say that they don't make any money when clients book with Expedia. We were told that someone would clear the air from the smoke scent and NO ONE DID. This hotel sucks and does not cater to the needs of its clients. I guess they are looking forward to going out of business real soon. Thanks for a lousy stay Sheraton & staff {John and Nakia}.
Thank you Expedia for accomadating us ~ the representative was very friendly and understood our needs.

Great Hotel for Kids and Adults

by TripAdvisor Member Gtlmosher

We arrived at about 8pm on a Friday night at this hotel. The front desk staff was very friendly and gave us a nice room on the 10th floor overlooking the heated outdoor pool. The interior of the hotel is very clean and recently renovated. The hotel and bar was hopping on this Friday night well after 11pm, something you don't always see. They were showing a big screen movie outside for the kids while serving b-b-q. The indoor pool was also very busy with children of all ages. We ate a light dinner and the food was typical hotel fare but satisfied our hunger with some healthy options. The location is close to some good breakfast restaurants including the Capitol Diner right down the street that was very good and affordable. The hotel offers very clear directions to Hershey Park and the front desk staff offered lots of tips on how to see the park with small children. It is really a great hotel and the cost is right (we paid $109 for the night.)

It was a nice place

by TripAdvisor Member ourcape

We got an excellent rate through Hotwire for a last minute trip. I was having a hard time finding a place near Hershey so I checked on Hotwire and was pleased to find anything. It took us about 10 minutes to get to Hershey from the hotel... which was just fine. The indoor/outdoor pool was great until there was a lighning storm and they had to close it since 1/2 of it is outside. That ws kind of a bummer as the kids were looking for something to do during the bad weather. The room was clean but not in the greatest condition. Our A/C had a huge gap in it (pulling away from the wall). Since we could see the outside through it... it stuffed a washcloth in there to keep anything from coming in. I could have asked for a different room but did not want to bother moving. The restaurants were open kind of late and they did offer room service. There was a Bob Evan and Waffle House very close by that we did visit. Also a McDonald's. I would definitely stay again given a good rate. My cousin joined me and paid 209.00 a night. Definitely not worth that.

From rooms to pool, it's a great hotel

by TripAdvisor Member visitDC

We booked the Sheraton through Hotwire and weren't too sure what we were going to get. The rooms were very nice, clean and the beds were comfortable. The hotel itself was a bit noisy (lots of kids were staying there that weekend and they were heading to the pool about 7 a.m. on Sunday morning) but it was worth it.

There is a bit of shopping and a few restaurants within walking distance, but for the most part, you're going to need to drive or take a cab if you want to go anywhere subtantial. We went both to Hershey Park (maybe 10-15 minutes away) and downtown Harrisburg (a $10 cab ride).

The Supreme Court ChamberThe Supreme Court Chamber