RR 1, Box 280, Hawley, Pennsylvania, 18428, United States

Booking.com

• jelw's Profile Photo

Love At First Sight

Woodloch Pines offers all inclusive stays in whichever accommodation suits your desire. You can choose from hotel rooms, cottage rooms, cottages, lakeside motel style, cabin, lodge or private home style rental.
    They offer fun and yummy family style dinners in the main dinning room or you may try one of the separate restaurants on the grounds.
    Entertainment and organized activities abound at the resort. On a sunny day enjoy the lake with its beach and boats, any one of the many pools or a beautiful nature walk. The kids will be kept active rain, sun, sleet or snow. Indoor activities in the gym or bumper cars outside, competitions and games are all organized to make sure that the young crowd have fun and are in areas specifically designed for them while the adults either join in or enjoy "adult" areas.
    The staff is plentiful and ready to assist in whatever way they can.
    I accidently left my car window open during a torrential downpour. There was over an inch of standing water in the floor of the auto. I asked if I could have some rags or towels to clean up my mess but the cleaning staff jumped in, took the car and managed to have the interior almost completely dry in under 2 hours!
    It is difficult to determine what type of hotel or facility anyone person would like. I needed to choose the venue for our family reunion of 30 people. I picked Woodloch Pines because it answered our requirements for all ages and the variety of rooming styles available. Everyone was satisfied and the great majority loved it so much that all agreed to return for our next reunion.
    It is hard to satisfy a whole group but Woodloch was up to the task. Better than that most of us left feeling we were a part of something special. You see Woodloch is all about family. Many years ago the owner's parents met at the beautiful lake, fell in love with each other and the lake and vowed to return. When they did they opened Woodloch and further vowed to run it as a family business. Treating not only the guests but also the staff as family. Their philosophy still shines to this day.

Unique Quality: Price quoted below is based on all inclusive

More about Woodloch Pines Resort

Woodloch is the best!

by TripAdvisor Member tgalli115

Woodloch is the best all-inclusive resort in the northeast. I went with my husband and 6 year old daughter on March 22nd through 25th. There was so much to do, we didn't have time to do it all. The snow tubing is great! The food is delicious! The resort is spotless! It was a wonderful vacation and we can't wait to go back.

Perfect family resort

by TripAdvisor Member groupleadernewjersey

I am a travel agent and travel all over the world. We recently
celebrated my parent 50th Wedding Anniversary at Woodloch Pines. I really wanted to take them to Europe or do a cruise. My
dad recently got ill and we felt we should stay close to home.
I researed many resorts and came up with Woodloch. We went
with 12 people ages 17 to 75. Everyone had an excellent time.
Their social staff is better than any cruise ship or any all inclusive resort. They get everyone involved!!!!!. The food was
very good, but I didn't care for the family style. The staff in the
dining room was far better than any cruise ship. The resort is
immaculate. The activiities go on forever.

Kids In Tears When We Left....

by TripAdvisor Member TraciC

CALLING ALL PHILADELPHIANS: THIS RESORT IS GREAT! Woodloch Pines Resort was an amazing find that my family tripped into while doing some website research on a quick weekend winter getaway with tubing, an indoor pool, kids' activities, and a spa and a bar for the occasional drink for Mom and Dad. We all loved it. The facilities are nice. No, it's not the Point Resort in the Adirondacks, but it was completely fine for the family. Ver cozy. Fireplaces in main lobby and other common areas.

We had a lakeview room in the Main Lodge with easy access to the bunny snow tube, ice skating on the lake, kids' arts and crafts, 3 separate arcades, bumper cars, kiddie cars, the gym, and the indoor playground called Woodloch Forest. Pool was a 3 minute drive or a 5 minute walk away. Our kids 7 and 5 had a blast. Winter Olympics looked awesome. Our kids were a bit young, but our 7 year old took part in a variety of athletic events at the gym. Nights brought characters at dinner, family bingo, horse racing, movies, etc. We only stayed two nights -- NOT enough time to participate in all of the activities we wanted. We were really bummed we had to leave on Superbowl Sunday b/c the Superbowl party events looked amazing.

Meals were good, plenty of options for the kids, including desserts and hot chocolate. A little light for kids on fruits and veggies, except during the smorgasbord, which was great. Shrimp, oysters on the half shell, crab legs, etc. Drinks were good. There's a fridge in your room. You may want to bring along some beverages for your room.

One suggestion: A Saturday evening kids' club with more organized activities and a counselor so mom and dad can enjoy a meal alone w/out procuring a babysitter at an additional charge. That is the only suggestion for improvement.

We will definitely be back and have already discussed making this an annual affair. I can only imagine that our initial fondness of this resort will grow as our kids get older and can participate in even more of the activities.

Great place mid-week for pre-school kids

by TripAdvisor Member lcjmd

We stayed mid-week with our 2 year old twins March 2007. From what I hear, Woodloch is much better in the summer. Definitely, kid-friendly, and the staff were all polite and enthusiatic. We still had plenty to do: snow tubing, indoor playground, gymnasium, indoor swimming pool and wading pool, arts & crafts room, kiddie cars, etc. We stayed 2 nights. The food is OK, typical American comfort food, but the kids liked it; for each meal, Woodloch had a costumed character greet families/kids. The resort mainly caters to young children and seniors midweek in the winter. We definitely plan to revisit in the summer/fall. A much nicer place than when we stayed at Split Rock.

Best Place On Earth

by TripAdvisor Member amylynn510

I have been going to Woodloch ever since i was 2 years old and my sister was 6 months old. I am now 17 and she is 14 and we still LOVE IT. We go every year the last week in July for the whole week. The past few years we have been going for a weekend in november also. We have also been there during Easter, Halloween, New Years, Presidents week, and for St. Patricks Day. No where else compares! Our parents keep offering to take us to Europe instead but we have turned it down many times. We said we will only go if we can still go to Woodloch!

We have made many friends while we were there and have now become like family with them. The staff is great and knows all of us, they always have smiles on their faces and make you feel great!

I look forward to Woodloch every year, its like a little escape where you can just relax and have fun with friends and family. there are tons of things to do and you will never be bored. The group games are great and everyone always gets involved. Its also nice to just sit back and take a break at the pool or down by the lake. The food is excellent and the waiters and waitresses are fabulous!

No matter what time of the year you go, there are still things to keep you busy. Rain or shine, snow or heat. My favorite time of the year is the summer because i love the summer activities and the people. Many of the same people go every year the same week, so we see them year after year and its really nice. The winter is also fun and the fall also.

It is deffinatly worth every penny and you will not regret coming to woodloch! Its like my second home.

Besy place on Earth!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by TripAdvisor Member NurseMom115

I have been going to Woodloch since I am 10 years old. My hubby and I started going every year for our anniversary in September. Now he is hooked. And now the four kids go. We recently started going the week right before Thanksgiving since several of our children's friends go that week too.

Let's put it this way....all I have to say to my kids is "If you don't stop, you are NOT going to Woodloch..." well, I have the best behaved kids on the planet. They love it!

I don't even know where to begin. A cruise on land is a great way to describe it. It also feels like coming home to family after being away for a while. All of the staff know us by name. The owners are awesome and hug my kids when we get there. The grounds are gorgeous and well maintained. The signage is very good. The staff is the best ever. Everyone says hello and smiles.

The rooms are immaculately clean. Very comfortable. There is shuttle service to everywhere. The nighclub shows are Broadway-style and top rate. The food is non-stop and out of this world. You will gain weight on your visit, so prepare accordingly! You can even order some of the cakes, breads and cookies to bring home. Your server is like Mom serving dinner during a holiday. They tend to your every need.

There is tons to do. Something for everyone and just fun, fun, fun! I look forward to this vacation every year. If I could only go one place a year, my pick would be Woodloch. The pools are great and clean. Plenty of towels. There is a gorgeous kiddie pool and even a kiddie jacuzzi! And every night there is a special drink for the kiddies.

Now, on a serious note...we were at Woodloch on 9/11/01. We are from New York and had several family members in the Towers and in the downtown area. I also have 4 firefighters in my immediate family. The phone lines were down, the road and bridges were closed and we were stranded. We were a wreck with worry since we couldn't get threw to anyone. Not only did Woodloch comp us a night, they routed us a way home to avoid the major bridges and tunnels that were closed...they also worked tirelessly to help us get threw to family members in NY. I will never forget how comforting they were to us. The "not knowing" was awful. Luckily, all of our family and friends were safe and no one we know personally was killed or injured.

Only a place like Woodloch would have helped get us through those frightful few hours. I will always remember how wonderful they were to us and continue to be!

It is worth every single cent it will cost you. You will not be disappointed!!!!!!! My older daughter plans to have her wedding there one day and the hubby and I are all for it!!!

Where everyone knows your name...

by TripAdvisor Member CloudyDae

We have gone to Woodloch every year since 1998. The 1st time we went, it was President's Weekend and very crowded and my husband swore he'd never go back again. The following year, they had a New Year's Day special, and we went, it was absolutely empty and we had a blast! We've been going back every year since, sometimes 2X a year, and we try to go mid week and take the kids out of school so it's not super crowded. The service is awesome, the staff is always the same, it's the same staff as we had in 1998, so you get to know them and they get to know you. The food is incredible, it's always good, and we're used to dining in fine establishments, and it's always high quality and quantity, from the salmon and twice baked potatoes down to the chicken fingers and smiley fries for the kids. The activities are always fun, and the rooms and pool always clean, and I've been there in busy times and slow times, I honestly can't complain about anything except it gets crowded when the kids are on school break. Don't hesitate, book today!!!

Great Family Resort

by TripAdvisor Member JENSEMINARA

We just got back from a winter Vacation. We live in Florida and our kids wanted to see snow. I found out about the woodloch on line and checked it out on trip advisor and was happy with what I read so we booked a few days at the resort. What a great place. Its like a cruise ship on land. We went in the winter and there was still lots to do. Our kids 11, 8. and 3 had a blast. There was so much to do that we never made it to the night club at night (which everyone says is awsome they put on great shows ) becasue we were wiped out.

There are alot of reviews about what goes on in the summer and I was wondering when I booked if there would be stuff to do for the kids in the winter. Well yes there is. Our kids loved the snow tubing run. Our youngest called it ice cubing. They had snow tube contest. They have two runs. An extreme which my oldest son loved my middle child wouldnt even try. There is an age requirement of being 8 to do the extreme. The only complaint I heard from him is that the hike back up to do it again is very steep and high. But he had a blast. They have a family run as well. You can take younger ones with you on your lap. They have snowmobile rentals as well. The only thing I can say is it gets very cold out on the field and there is no indoor area to get warm. The cost was 25 for 30 minutes. They have arts and crafts they had a winter carnival they had bingo. They had indoor bumper cars. We never made it over to the indoor sports complex but everyone said it was nice. They have a fitness center and a indoor heated pool.

We stayed in the standard room. Not by choice but that was all that they had. It was the cheapist price wise. It was fine and I would stay in it again. The location was great and it had 2 queen beds and 2 single beds which slept our family of 5 fine.

The food was very good too. Gave you healthy options if you wanted it or you could be really bad if you wanted. The morning crumb cake was great.

It was a great time and we are looking at going back in the summer time .

Nice times

by TripAdvisor Member DSXM

We just got back from a "Mini-midweek." After driving up the mountain
roads we had an easy time checking in before lunch. We got to tour the grounds and then were treated to a full-course lunch. Our room was not ready yet after lunch so we used the go-karts and played horseshoes. Our room was not ready until close to 5pm (which was the promised time, though much later than most other guests). We had a room in Ripplecove - a queen bed, a couch, tv, desk, mini-fridge, and fullbath. Everything was fully functional, with a rustic mountain cabin/ski lodge kind of look. The whole resort was in that motif.

In general there was plenty to do and plenty to eat even though we were there in between seasons. The lake was still partially frozen so no boating but the tube run was still available. The food is most like home cooking, certainly not 4-star French cuisine, but they have some tasty items like peel-and-eat shrimp, crab legs, eclairs, mud pies, and fresh baked breads. It rained on our last day so we left after check-out and a game of "Name That Tune."

All in all, the staff was extremely friendly but also left you alone if you did not want to be bothered. We felt a little out of place as we were one of the few people without children or a large group of people at the resort. Many of the activities and entertainment were geared towards and involved children. While this resort accomplishes the escape from typical suburban and city life, the other guests do not. If you wish to get away from the typical suburban families in their minivans and SUVs, with 2.3 kids, loud mothers with big sunglasses and huge rocks, and silenced husbands from Long Island, and suburban New York and New Jersey, this place may not be for you.

Comments