Best Western Inn Hershey

More about Best Western Inn Hershey

Weekend Trip to Hershey

by binkieloo

"We need a Break"

My boyfriend and I decided that we really needed a break. We'd talked about different places, and he'd always been to Hershey every summer growing up, but hadn't been in a few years. I had never been. So we decided this was a good trip option.

So we planned it for after Labor Day weekend to avoid too many kids.

So we went two weekends after Labor Day. This is the report.

"Ahh Relaxatio"

We made a point of booking a hotel with an inroom hot tub, just so we could really relax. Boy were we glad. We stayed at the Best Western Hershey/Harrisburg. Certainly not the closest hotel to Hershey, but it suited us. We were about a 15 minute drive from the main sites.

Friday night when we arrived we ordered dinner and relaxed in the tub. We had an early morning planned for Saturday.

"What we did..."

On Saturday we woke up to cloudy skies and light drizzle. Undeterred we headed to a chain fast food place for breakfast and then headed out to Hersheypark. It actually worked out well because by the time we got to the park the drizzle had stopped and it was a cool, cloudy day. Which meant the park was not very busy at all. I had never been to the park, but my bf had and he had planned that we spend 2 days in the park because he was counting on the lines everywhere. Well there weren't any! Almost every ride we chose to go on we were able to walk right on, or had or wait one ride. Which was good for us, but now we have another day's pass for nothing. Guess we're going back for Christmas or something lol.

Before actually entering the park we went to Chocolate World and did the "factory" ride. It was fun to do, but I think my favourite part was the pumped chocolate smell!!! Hmmmm. I kept stopping later in the day everytime I caught a whiff. I love chocolate.

We also wandered through Zoo America. Which is not all that spectacular. Because the weather was cooler though we did get to see a bit more activity in the animals, but if you've been to bigger zoos it's not that much, but it is free with teh Hersheypark etrance and it is a break from the madness of the amusement park.

On Sunday we stopped back at Chocolate World to do some shopping for gifts. We then went to the Hershey Museum, which is small but interesting. I liked the display of the old candy stores the best. The best thing we did was take advantage of the free parking for 2 hours for Hershey Chocolate world.

After that we headed up to Hershey Gardens which I really enjoyed. Their butterfly house is spectacular. I really enjoyed their Children's Garden too. We spent a lovely time wandering through the gardens and I got some really good photos (see above and below).

After the gardens we headed home and stopped at a diner for an early dinner which was actually very good.

Overall a good weekend!

cant get enough of this ridecant get enough of this ride

The desertThe desert

The SkyviewThe Skyview

Chocolate WorldChocolate World

Wednesday or Friday

by tbm

We are going to go to Strasburg and Hershey in a couple of weeks. We would like to go to Strasburg on Wednesday and half of Thursday, then move to Hershey for Thursday and Friday. We are concerned that Hershey will be much more crowded on Friday then on Wednesday. If it is, we would reverse our trip. Any insight?

RE: Wednesday or Friday

by Rhondaj

I took my kids to Hershey lots of times-always on weekends. We never found it too crowded. We haven't been there in about 3 years, but I can't imagine it's changed that much. (I love the Hershey lamp posts)Is the Strasburg I'm thinking of, the place with the train? Now tourist trains tend to get crowded on weekends!

Travel Tips for Hershey

Go take a tour of the Hershey...

by Venturingnow

Go take a tour of the Hershey chocolate factory. It's really fun, and there is a lot of history in that place. It gets you hyped to have tons of fun at Hershey Park.  Afterwards head over the Hershey Park, the amusement park right down the road.  It is sort of like a Six Flags or Busch Gardens theme park with tons of roller coasters, water rides, and games.
FREE CHOCOLATE!!!

Meet the Chocolate Characters

by littlesam1

This is not Disney World. You will not meet Mickey Mouse. This is not Paramounts Kings Dominion. You will not see Scooby Do. This is Hershey Park. You will meet walking chocolate bars. You will see Giant inflated Hershey Kiss characters. And then you will find yourself hungry for another piece of chocolate. All part of the fun of Hershey Park.

Be sure to pick up a souvenir or two!

by VeronicaG

Hershey Park has an abundance of gift shops--all filled with t-shirts, sweatshirts, postcards, toys, candy, hats, mugs, glassware. You name it...and they all have the name HERSHEY PARK on them.

At the gift shop near the Chocolate Factory Tour, I bought some packets of hot cocoa mix that was absolutely the best I've ever tasted--many flavors available. Ummmmmmmmm, real good! My favorite flavor was Goodnight Hugs, a white cocoa with little caffeine in it--so I can drink it in the evening. My husband's favorite flavor was French Vanilla--see photo accompanying this Tip. We liked this hot cocoa so much that we tracked down a store in our area that carried it.

Hershey's Boardwalk

by Cielo_Algaeed

Hershey Boardwalk is a newly opened water park of Hershey. It has slides, swimming pools and other water activities.It features five water attractions, including East Coast Waterworks, the largest water play structure in the world! This multi million project is the biggest attraction that Hershey Company has ever built inside the park.

So, prepare those swimsuit and off you go to the waterpark of the East!

Note:
All Boardwalk attractions are included as part of the one –price admission to HERSHEYPARK.

Comments