749 East Chocolate Avenue, Hershey, Pennsylvania, 17033, United States
Orbitz.com Booking.com Travelocity

More about Hershey

The Children's GardenThe Children's Garden

Prairie dog townPrairie dog town

You WILL get wet on the Tidal ForceYou WILL get wet on the Tidal Force

The foyerThe foyer

Wednesday or Friday

by tbm

We are going to go to Strasburg and Hershey in a couple of weeks. We would like to go to Strasburg on Wednesday and half of Thursday, then move to Hershey for Thursday and Friday. We are concerned that Hershey will be much more crowded on Friday then on Wednesday. If it is, we would reverse our trip. Any insight?

RE: Wednesday or Friday

by TLC1218

When Hershey Park is open+children are out of school,Hershey is busy all the time,but esp.fri-sun.
Do not suggest u go without reservations.Almost impossible at last moment+pricey.Cheaper to stay near Lancaster for both.Lancaster to Hershey=40-50 miles

RE: Wednesday or Friday

by ringleader

Say, if you haven't been to Lancaster yet, I would recommend the Sight and Sound Theater (we go there 2 or 3 times a year) in Strasburg, Good n' Plenty is right near Smoketown Inn just down the road. The inn is really close to a lot of things and is reasonably priced.

The Wheatland is one of the Presidents' old place (if you like History) and is close to downtown. Landis Valley Museum is nice. Strausburg is also nearby and is worth a look-at.

Check my new Lancaster pages. I'm just now working on them...

My consolidated list of recommendations:
#1 Sight and Sound Theater
Good n Plenty or Shady Maple
Landis Valley Museum
Wheatland
Strasburg
Bird-in-Hand Farmers' Market
drive through Intercourse town

All of these are fairly close to each other.

Travel Tips for Hershey

Not much else...

by PA2AKgirl

Other than the tourist attractions, there's not much else to Hershey. It's a small town and I definitely think other small towns have more local personality than Hershey does. You can go there for concerts, hockey games and the things I'm mentioned already, but just to hang out? I'm not so sure. Perhaps...
There are some cool buildings and nice small recreational parks in the town, though...like the building I have pictured.

This obviously isn't my favorite thing:)

The Butterfly House

by PA2AKgirl

This is definitely the most incredible part of the Hershey Gardens and thus deserving of its own tip. Open from June through September, the butterfly house allows you to see every part of the life cycle of these little guys. The structure is like that of a greenhouse, with mesh screen walls. Of the about 30 butterflies housed here, half are indigenous to Pennsylvania...

It's really a great experience--you walk in and these butterflies are everywhere! You have to watch where you step, they hang out on the walkways and sometimes, they even land on you:)) When I was there, I watched about 10 butterflies fly for the first time.

Make a new friend

by VeronicaG

Cuddily characters parade through the park just hoping for that photographic opportunity with YOU! There's no shortage of these Hershey related creatures--a crowd usually forms around them so they are easy to spy. Of course, looking like a candy bar would draw a crowd--especially those individuals with chocolate coursing through their veins. Like me, for instance.

Coal Cracker

by Cielo_Algaeed

Coal Cracker is one intensed water ride. Expect to get wet! And as you go down the loop prepare yourself for a photo shoot of a lifetime :-) You can check out your photos at the exit and you can purchase it for $20.00. 5 persosn are allowed per cart.

Note:
Check the link below for minimum height requirement, park area and ride rating

Screaming like a kid

by littlesam1

I can never stay awake when I am in a car and someone else is driving. I end up alseep every time. On our way home from Hershey Park I feel asleep in a matter of minutes. As I drifted off I had the memory of riding the rides once more and feeling like a kid. Somehow I think my parents must have been looking down at me and remembering all the times they brought me to Hershey Park. And here I am once more in my fifties still riding rides and screaming like a kid. This is what Hershey Park Happy is all about.

Comments