1060 E. Chocolate Ave., Hershey, Pennsylvania, 17033, United States

More about White Rose Motel

Wonderful experience at the White Rose Motel!

by TripAdvisor Member Hamletmoo

From start to finish our stay at the White Rose Motel was excellent! We stayed in the cottage, which I heartily recommend. It had 2 bedrooms, a full kitchen, and a full size bathroom. The bigger bedroom had a couch in it too, and both bedrooms had TVs. The cottage was spotlessly clean, and wonderfully cozy - it was like you were staying in a friend's house. The folks running the motel couldn't be friendlier or more helpful. They gave us some great suggestions for things to do, places to eat, and even showed us an alternate (and great!) way back to Alexandria. We have a lot of family and friends spread around the country and between visiting them and going on vacation we've stayed at a lot of hotels. I have never had a better experience. These folks could teach every hotel, motel, B&B (whatever) what a stay away from home should be like. Amazing value, great rooms and wonderful people. You can not do better. Thank you White Rose Motel for such a great stay!

Perfect motel right next to Hershey Park.

by TripAdvisor Member PDos

This motel was perfect. The rooms, pool and grounds were spotless and all looked like they were new or recently renovated. The grounds were well lit and the flowers in the parking/pool area are beautiful. The staff was very helpful with directions and recommendations for things to do and places to eat. The motel is literally a five minute ride to Hershey Park which is a huge plus after 12 hours at the park.

The rooms had refrigerator/freezer and a microwave which was also a huge plus. The pool was open until 10 PM which was very nice. As for those who stated they had problems with the hot/cold water regulation, we had no problems in 2 rooms for three days.

I will definitely stay here again.

At least it was clean

We have just arrived home from the white rose in Hershey, PA. Let me first say, the white rose is a clean motel, but way overpriced. The water is the shower kept going from hot to cold and back again. I tried to adjust it when taking a shower and almost scalded myself. I did not complain about it to the management, but knew it would do no good. What would they do? Call a plumbing contractor, update all the plumbing, and increase the hot water capacity? I dont think so. I have vacationed all over the east coast staying in New York city, North and South Carolina, and Disney. The room cost me $140 for one night. I have stayed at a deluxe resort at Disney for less that that, as well as NYC! The ice machine had to be the smallest ever manufatured, and was out of ice by 9a.m. I read several good reviews of this motel before making reservations and the only thing I can figure is that the owners have a lot of family with internet access!

Loved the cottage!!!

by TripAdvisor Member gracemom

We just returned from our Labor Day weekend trip with our three young sons and we really loved our stay in Hershey and at the White Rose. We stayed in the cottage for $200 a night and I think it's worth it for families with young children. We had 2 bedrooms, one with a king and the other with 2 twin beds. We pushed the twin beds together and it was great for our guys, ages 6,5, and 4. There is also a full kitchen. It is an old-fashioned place...very quaint and clean! It is very well maintained and the service was just great. Our kids enjoyed the pool and there are life jackets there for them to use. I noticed a few complaints about the price but I just do not get it...you could easily spend $1500/wk for a beach rental.
Also, Hershey Park is just minutes a way. There is a back way that we found the 2nd day...find it your 1st day! For those of you with families, this is a really sweet place!

Nice motel, great price, and nice staff

by TripAdvisor Member jlovesee

We travel a lot for business, and have stayed at some really bad and really good hotels near lots and lots of amusement parks. I would have to say that for the price we payed (compared to others in the area it's half the price) and location you cannot beat White Rose.

It is one of the few still owned by a family, and they absolutly take pride in their establishment. The staff is incredibly friendly, offering directions, and recommendations for food around the area. The motel is clean, well kept, and while not the Hotel Hershey, it is definitly on par with a good Comfort Inn.

It is also only just a few minutes from Hersheypark making it a great place to stay if you are planning on visiting.

No complaints whatsoever, would stay here again!

by TripAdvisor Member SpanielSis

My friend and I traveled to Hershey to see the Rolling Stones, and chose White Rose because of the good reviews on this site. We totally agree with those reviews, and would stay here again. The room was clean, no problems with water temp, no problems with anything. The staff went out of their way to help us with advice on local restaurants (which were very good, too) and again the day of the concert, with an excellent tip on where to park to avoid the traffic jam afterwards at the stadium. The Rolling Stones were spectacular, by the way. We'd recommend this place to everyone--and the price was great too, you just can't beat $79/night on a Fri/Sat night.

White Rose is Great

by TripAdvisor Member basilpa

We recently stayed at the White Rose Motel during a busy time in Hershey. We were last minute check-ins as the original motel that we booked was terrible, not fit to sleep in. White Rose had a last minute cancellation and Shirley and Joanne welcomed us and made us feel very comfortable. The room was very nicely decorated, very clean and had everything we needed for our weeks stay. It seemed that all the other guest that were there, have been staying at this motel for years for the car show and everyone knew everyone and Shirley and Joanne called them all by name. The other guests that we spoke to all said what a great place it was to stay and thats why they come back year after year. We are on the waiting list for a room for the car show next year. Hope there is another cancellation for next year. Thank you Shirley and Joanne (and the Shih Tzu's) for the lovely motel and the warm treatment.

Sweet little motel & so clean!

My sister and I just returned from our girls weekend in Hershey. I had read the good reviews for the White Rose Motel and that made up my mind. From making the reservation to checkout they made us feel so welcome, as if you were visiting family. The White Rose reminded us of a small motel our family stayed in down south every year when we were kids. The grounds and pool are kept clean and the halloween decorations were so pretty.
Our room was exceptionally clean and the bathroom was spotless, even the floor sparkled. Because of the excellent condition and friendliness we will come back again.
We enjoyed Halloween at the park, ate dinner at the Hershey Lodge, very good. (Save room for dessert.) For breakfast we ate at the Hershey Pantry, try the pancakes they're Huge and it is cash only. Thanks for the suggestion for breakfast, it was very good and a cute restaurant.
Our weekend in Hershey was great. Good weather, comfortable room and great food. Thank you.

Great Value/Location

I Stayed the weekend in Hershey, PA at the White Rose Motel. The motel is very clean, nicely updated, and generally comfortable. There is really nothing to complain about with this motel. Staff was extremely helpful with info. concerning local restaurants (including menu's in the lobby to review), the hershey attractions, and Lancaster County. The location was good - just a few minutes from restaurants, gas stations, and hershey attractions.

I would recommend this motel for any value traveler that wishes to spend some time in the Hershey area.

Very clean and comforable

by TripAdvisor Member Charlotte's_Daddy

For the price, the White Rose is an excellent lodging value in Hershey. Room was very clean and comfortable, and motel is fairly close to attractions. Only complaint might be that the soda machine had been temporarily removed during our visit; so we had to go across the road to get a coke. Also be advised that there are no restaurants really near the motel, although fast food is not too far down the road. All in all, a charming little place run by friendly folks.

Comments