Holiday Inn Express Irwin

Best (5.0 out of 5.0) 1 review

Tags

Road Trip Work Abroad Family Travel
See Amenities

I'll never stay anywhere else

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on July 30, 2010

Admittedly The location was a little hard to find. Upon asking however I found it to be by no fault of the hotel but instead their corporate office. I will be contacting them to let them know that a sign with the "wrong logo" is better than no sign at all. That is really my only gripe with this location, everything else was so far past excellent I cannot put it into words. I thought the hotel was brand new, when in actuality its over 14 years old and has never been remodeled, it is kept EXTREMELY clean by the housekeeping staff.

I was in town for a funeral and had a song I needed put onto a CD, their business center did not have a cd burner so when I asked if maybe the computers at the front desk did, the front desk computers did not either, however one of the staff offered to take the CD home, burn the song I needed on it, bring it back, and have it waiting for me at the front desk in the morning. When I woke up and came to the desk they had 2 CD's for me. The reason why I had 2 now instead of just the 1 is because the CD I gave to the employee was not a CD-RW. Nothing could be added to what I had given him. He took a blank CD of his own and put my songs from both my 1st CD and the ones I wanted onto one of his. It really made my day that I now had all the songs I needed for the memorial service. The breakfast was great, rooms were spotless, the service was excellent.

I do have 1 MAJOR problem though, and its a review that was written about this hotel. It is as follows in parentheses i will be replying to whomever wrote this monstrosity.

We arrived here and had to take a back road to reach the hotel (its not the hotels fault, talk to their corporate office about the signage).

It isn't advertised and the folks on the turnpike aren't alot of help (The turnpike folks have nothing to do with the hotel staff, if the turnpike wasn't helpful talk to the turnpike, dont take it out on the hotel).

Needless to say when we checked in, we discovered we had a room (Well if you made a reservation of course you had a room),

the customer service was lacking, we felt like we were more like a bother instead of a guest(sounds to me like you were already frustrated and nothing would please you at this point because you had to spend an extra 3 minutes finding the place).

Needless to say, I spent 20 minutes trying to find an ice machine, found one on the first floor, it didn't work (You spent 20 minutes? doing what? the hotel isn't huge, it only has 3 floors and they're all straight shots. when I was in line, the front desk told each guest as they checked in where the ice/vending/breakfast was, did you not listen to them? I was told where it was and it worked just fine).

Didn't even bother asking for help (again, you sound like you were already upset, maybe if you asked you could have saved yourself further frustration).

The hot tub in our room didn't work, until we tinkered with the system (by "tinkering with the system" do you mean press the button on the corner of the tub?).

The bed is hard as a rock (everyone has their own preferences, I thought the beds were great),

we're thinking we're checking out tomorrow instead of our visit for 3 days. Our recommendation is for the price, stay at the Hampton Inn in nearby Greensburgless (good, it sounds like all you do is complain... about EVERYTHING. I hate people like you, I'm sure others have read your review and thought this to be a horrible place, how much business was possibly lost because your a b*tch.... get over yourself.)

In closing this place was amazing. Don't listen to the tool who wrote that bad review, he/she already had a stick up where the sun doesn't shine and just wants to be miserable.

Nearby Holiday Inn Express Irwin

• Suites
  • Continental Breakfast
  • Free High Speed Internet

Huntingdon Travel Forum

Need advice about Huntingdon, Pennsylvania? Visit the Travel Forum for Huntingdon and ask our Answer Gurus.

Huntingdon Travel Guide