Broadway House

Flagstaff Mountain ViewFlagstaff Mountain View

View from Flagstaff ParkView from Flagstaff Park

Regarding local buses

by Airiyon

Hello everyone,I was planning on visiting Jim Thorpe to attend a paintball event hosted by Skirmish USA (maybe some of you have heard of them). But the problem is I'm arriving in Jim Thorpe through a bus line which drops me off by the "Navigation Building"(sorry for the vagueness but this is what they told me), so
I wanted to know if there were any local buses that ran through Jim Thorpe that could take me the rest of the way.

RE: Regarding local buses

by Rhondaj

Jim Thorpe is a very small town, but they do get a little bit of tourists. I can't imagine a bus service, but there must be a taxi there. Have you tried the yellow pages? (I have heard of the paintball event there.)

RE: RE: Regarding local buses

by Airiyon

Ok, I'll try looking up taxi services, thanks for the suggestion.

RE: RE: Regarding local buses

by sednarb1

so small doubt there is taxi service. Can't imagine a bus dropping anyone there

RE: Regarding local buses

by jimkpa

When we visit Jim Thorpe we park at the train station public parking and usually walk up and down he streets. Then we drive all the way up to the lake beach area to swim in the summer. All the tourist spots like the Mansions, Molly Maguire Prison Museum and great outdoor suppliers are within about 5 or 6 blocks. Bikes are a great way to get around town too. Watch the street parking signs, they can be tricky. One time I found a great open spot right in front of the Police Office... guess what? I got a ticket by misinterpreting the signs. I can laugh at it now. I love the Sunrise Diner, an old fashioned lunch spot that is GREAT.
Jim

Re: Regarding local buses

by sun1chik

There are no taxis or busses in Jim Thorpe. The town is quite small, I can assure you that you will be able to walk to anywhere you need to go IN TOWN. Unfortunatly Skirmish is in the back woods- where you have to drive to. The Navagation Building is across the street from the train station in the center of town. There are no car rental places in town either. You may have to find an alternate mode of transportation! Talk to the company, they may be able to offer some better alternatives.

Travel Tips for Jim Thorpe

A little piece of small town america

by gbjr78

"Fall Foliage"

Every year around October there is a special event that happens all around this area. Everyone sees it but not like this. Jim Thorpe was established a small coal mining town in between the mountains, close to Pocono PA. When the coal was exhausted people remained and lived their lives. Every autumn when the trees change color there are all kinds of festivals and things to do in this great little town. Not to mention some of the best site seeing around. The mountains scream with colors that u only thought existed in tie die.

Comments