Homestead King Of Prussia

Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - King of Prussia
Orbitz.com Ext. Stay America Booking.com

• TravellerMel's Profile Photo

Homestead Studio Suites for Extended Stay

Extended stay hotel in quiet area - off the beaten path. Ample parking and dog-friendly. Not luxurious, but OK for the price. My husband is there for a month, so it is like a studio apartment with refrigerator, microwave, dishwasher, and stovetop. Housekeeping services only once a week, but you can exchange for clean towels at the front desk. Laundry facility on the first floor.

Everything considered, this hotel is ok - it's hard to be enthusiastic. The room was clean, even if the hotel feels a little "run-down". But for the price, it is a good deal. I was there for 4 nights and was comfortable. About 3 miles from the Valley Forge National Historic Park; about 2 miles from the King of Prussia Mall; and about 1 hour from Philly.

More about King of Prussia

Travel from Philly Airport to King of Prussia

by wlgdoremon

Hi! I am travelling to King of Prussia this coming week from overseas. I would like to find out what is the best means of transport from the Philadelphia Airport to the King of Prussia? If I take a cab, how much would that be? I just want to make sure I have enough cash to pay as it seems that payment by credit card is not available.

Doremon

Philly Airport to King of Prussia

by PR-7

www.Septa.Org will give you all the info you want, particularly its "Plan My Trip" feature on the home page. Basiclly, you will take the R1 line from the airport to 30th Street Station, then the 125 bus from that area direct to King of Prussia Mall. The latter is NOT recommended if you have a lot of luggage.

Oh, and BTW, Philly cabs are now REQUIRED to accept credit cards, although the cab drivers hate it when people do so.

by abckidz

Hey there - I'd have to agree with the previous advice given and suggest taking the train, then the bus - but as mentioned if you have a lot of luggage it could be a hassle, though still feasible.

Anyway a cab from the airport to King of Prussia will probably be at least 60-70 dollars. I've taken cabs from the airport several times to the Belmont Exit on I-76, and that exit is about 15 min prior to the King of Prussia exits (with no traffic)

Hope that helps - cheers and enjoy Philly.

Ben

by wlgdoremon

Thanks all for the replies. Just got my itinerary and found out that I will be arriving late at night, around 10 pm. Guess it might be easier for me to take the cab then though I am planning to bring only one big luggage. But with laptop and other stuff, it might still be quite a hassle. Unfortunately the shuttle stops running at 7 pm, if not I wouldn't mind taking that.

Doremon

by luvtrvlg

Hi, Both earlier suggestions are great.
But if you have luggage, I would recommend you rent a car - it would approximately cost $40 per day unlimited miles and I recommend you get a Never Lost System or a navigational system - it will definitely help you!

Hope this helps!

Enjoy!

by wlgdoremon

Thanks. Unfortunately I do not have a license so I pretty much have to rely on public transport :(
I am transiting from LA international airport to Philly. The transit time is around 2.5 hrs. Anybody have experience going through LA, is 2.5 hrs sufficient for me to get through the custom and check in to the other terminal to Philly?

by luvtrvlg

2.5 hours in transit in LAX airport is more than sufficient.
Are you taking the same carrier? And where will you be coming from?
If you're coming in from another country - LAX will be your port of entry.
2.5 hours is more than enough time for you to go thru customs and immigration and being able to checkin your luggage right as well.
hope this info helps.