One Lake Drive, Lake Harmony, PA, 18624

Split Rock Resort & Golf Club
Expedia.com Booking.com Orbitz.com

Satisfaction Poor

Similarly priced and rated as other 3 star hotels

• Brown water in suite! No help!!!

My wife and I are staying at one of the newer units (willowbrook) at the Split Rock Resort and we returned to our room to find all the running water colored brown with a slight odor. Maintenance told us "to wait it out because it's minerals from their well". Seriously, "wait it out"!! I dropped almost $300 / night and I can't shower, use our jacuzzi or brush my teeth!!! No response
    From management yet but I will leave early if I have to. Simply gross!

More about Split Rock Resort

A great family vacation resort

by TripAdvisor Member stixvelo

We stayed at the new condos in Meadowbrook. It felt somewhat removed from the Galleria and the lake, but we enjoyed the privacy.
Everything at the facility was first rate. It was well used, but also well-maintained. There were lots of activities for both adults and children. The food was ordinary, but plentiful. If you're on a mealplan, try to eat at the italian restaurant by the lake instead of the Galleria; the food is better there.
I took my bike and rode with another aging athlete around the facility. The resort is huge, and you can get a surprising number of miles in without leaving the complex.
We were very pleasantly surprised by the quality of everything at Split Rock. Reasonably priced, I would say that it is a first-rate family vacation spot.

Really Gross

When we arrived at split rock we drove to the main lodge where there where stains on the floor and the service was terrable. When we go to our rooms there where stains on those floors as well and ther toilet was dirty and clogged and the whole room smelled like poop. We where there for a family reunion and my Grandmother have choosen Split rock. Which was a big mistake my whole family has really bad asthma and the sabby carpets and funky wall coverings we could hardly breath. Then when we went swimming the pool was filthy and the whole resort smelled like smoke. At dinner time the food was really gross and the service was terrable. If you like nice hotels I strongly suggest never going here

We'll never go back to the reort at Split Rock

We just returned from a week at The Resort at Split Rock, and we will never return. Our accomadations were fair, we stayed in a two bedroom villa. We rarely enjoyed the jacuzzi since it took two hours to replenish the hot water. We are a family of six and had to break up the showers between morning and evening to have enough hot water. The morning we left there was literally no wate pressure. The kind of shower when you can't even rinse out your shampoo.

What upset us the most was an all night party that took place on our unit's front lawn, backyard, and parking lot. Not to mention the people who were on our front steps. This kept my family up til 4:00AM and nothing was done by management. We were told that we were not the only ones complaining, yet the party was allowed to continue. Screaming, Fighting, Cursing, this is not what young children need to witness. NO PLACE FOR KIDS!

Wine Festival Weekend

Stayed at Willowbrook, Bldg 1, 2nd Floor with mother and sister for the Wine Festival Weekend. Room very nice, clean, had a vacuum and iron, 2 televisions but no hairdryer. Directions to Willowbrook are poor, only one direction sign and too far away to be able to have a drink with dinner and drive safely. Hotel did not advise that you can call security and get a drive to/from the Galleria area. Dinner at Galleria was good, service and food quality has been upgraded since we last visited a few years ago. Breakfast also offered a good selection. Staff was friendly and we enjoyed the facial/massage. Bar prices reasonable...they even gave free chips! The vendors at the Wine Festival were excellent offering everything from jewelry to bbq sauces- something for everyone.

Comments