Rt 590, , Lakeville, PA 18438

Hotels.com Travelocity Expedia.com

Satisfaction Average

More about Caesars Cove Haven

Fun and great spot!

I booked my stay through Poconos Best Central Reservation service. They made it really easy and took care of everything we asked for. From start to finish I was EXTREMELY pleased. Cove Haven is unique in the nation and I don't think I'll ever forget that Champagne Glass Jacuzzi!. Evidently, this is the only place in the US that has that. Very cool, nice people. Don't listen to these other guys. They probably own hotels :)

A travel agent's perspective

I have no words to express how pleased I was with my recent stay at Caesar's Pocono resorts this past week. I stayed at Cove Haven from September 12-15, 2004. I originally planned to visit the resort to see Howie Mandel, and then decided to extend my trip to two nights, ultimately to a three night stay along with some friends. I am so happy with my decision to stay the additonal nights at the resort for many reasons.
First, the check in was extreemly easy and fast. I have stayed at Caesar's several times (which now makes me a Forever Lover!) and have not had any problems. I arrived at the resort about 1:30pm and was given a key to my room immediately. I also checked in with another couple, and we were immediately placed next door to each other. As a travel agent, I was so pleased to find we were able to get into our rooms earlier than expected!
Second, our rooms were BEAUTIFUL!! They are unfairly depicted in the brochure photos. I had stayed in the Fantasy Apple at Pocono Palace (which hooked me to the poconos), and in the Garden of Eden Plum at Paradise Stream. I did not expect the luxury of this room simply because it does not offer the private pool, but I was 150% wrong! I was able to enjoy the privacy of my jacuzzi suite, as well as explore the reort and enjoy the public pools. Everything was clean and in great condition. I had a maintenance problem with my bathroom, and it was resolved in minutes.
Finally, to make a long story short, we were pleased with the customer service, the overall quality and beauty of the resort grounds, and the amount of facilities available for us to play! The food was better than I remembered. I did not know about the Chariot which gets you around the resort at no additional charge, which will now help me close sales to those out there who are hesitant to visit such a large resort. We tried a little of everything (ICE SKATING, PADDLE BOATS, MINI GOLF, NATURE WALKS, ARCHERY, SWIMMING, ROLLERSKATING, GOLF, KARAOKE, THE LIST GOES ON AND ON... and cannot wait to come back in the winter for all of the winter sports! We were extreemly happy with the checkout process, and stayed on the property for a few hours before we reluctantly went back to reality.
I have clients who hesitate when I offer Caesar's because of the prices. I usually reply to their concerns with the list of activities and inclusions. There are no all inclusive resorts in the United States (besides one which I will not mention which does not allow the variety of the seasons the way Caesar's does), so to be able to go away to a place where you are around other adults and play like children and not have to worry about ANYTHING is a true vacation. Of course, there are minimal expenses incurred, but for the amount of activities available as well as the luxury of the accomadations, it is well worth the price.
KEEP IN MIND...THERE IS NO ATM ON PROPERTY. THE CLOSEST ONE IS IN HAMLIN, WHICH GIVES YOU A GOOD OPPORTUNITY TO EXPLORE THE AREA AND BU A CASE OF BEER AND SODA, WHICH SAVES SOME MONEY ALONG THE WAT. SECOND, EXPECT TO SPEND A FEW BUCKS SINCE LUNCH AND DRINKS ARE NOT INCLUDED.
As a travel agent, I have opportunities to see many places. For me, Caesar's Pocono Resorts will always be my favorite place. I plan to return at least once a year, so please keep up the great work! I am getting married next year, and plan to preceed my Hawaii honeymoon with a stay in the Champagne Suite at Cove Haven which should give me the time I need to wind down and relax.

I'VE NOW STAYED AT ALL THREE ADULT RESORTS (POCONO PALACE, PARADISE STREAM, COVE HAVEN), AND FEEL THAT COVE HAVEN IS BY FAR THE BEST THERE IS. NOW THAT THEY ARE RENOVATING THE RESORTS, IT WILL BE BETTER THAN EVER!

Had a great time....lots of fun if you come prepared

by TripAdvisor Member Sara521

My husband and I just returned from a 5 night stay at Caesars Cove Haven (Oct. 15th-20th) and we had a ball. Since we arrived 3 days before our 1st anniversary (and brought our marriage certificate to prove it) we qualified as honeymooners, and enjoyed MANY perks, such as 2 large bottles of bubble bath, free bottles of champagne, free fire logs, free horseback riding, free T-shirts, a free disposable camera, a free photo album, and several honeymooners-only events with free food and drink.

There are things that I could see picky people having a problem with about this place. Yes, it does look like a community college campus on the outside. The free "champagne" they give you isn't actually champagne (it says it is a malt beverage on the label), drinks from the bar are incredibly expensive (mixed drinks start at around $6, frozen drinks range from $7 to $10), and your breakfast in bed doesn't always arrive piping hot.

Instead of focusing on the buildings making up the resort, we enjoyed the foliage and the beautiful mountain and lake setting. Instead of complaining that the champagne tasted more like Smirnoff Ice than champagne, we appreciated that the resort had given us beverages for free. We brought our own wine, champagne, and hard liquor and we had drinks in our room before we went out, only occasionally buying super-expensive drinks from the bar. We appreciated being able to enjoy a lazy morning in our room with a tasty breakfast delivered to our door, even if it was not quite as warm as we might have liked.

The great things about this resort are the rooms (I was able to see all of the different room categories, and all were large and tastefully decorated) the variety of activities available (hiking, biking, archery, roller skating, billiards, arcade games, swimming, boating, tennis, racquetball, shuffleboard, bocce ball, mini golf, ice skating, not to mention eating and in-room activities!), and the general atmosphere of relaxation and romance.

My husband and I went to a Sandals resort for our honeymoon, and Sandals this place is not. If you go into it expecting a 5-star world-class resort, you will be disappointed. If you go into it expecting a fun and romantic getaway with lots to do, you will have a great time.

So bring your own alcohol and duraflame logs, and if you are unhappy about something (musty-smelling room, having to sit with other couples at dinner) then tell someone there, and they will make sure you get what you want.

I took pictures all over the resort and of all the different kinds of rooms, and you can see them at:

If you have any questions, feel free to e-mail me at sedray@ureach.com and I will try to answer them for you.

-Sara

Not worth the money - Looks like a 1960s motel

While the rooms were clean, they were also dimly lit, and the air conditioner was very loud. From the outside this place looks like a motel you see in movies from the 60s, not at all what I was expecting for the money I paid.

For a place to advertise as a romantic couple's getaway, I expected to have a quiet time with my fiancee, but was seated with 3 other couples, who we had nothing in common with. It was a very uncomfortable meal.

Overpriced Day Camp for Adults

This place is not as advertised. First, it is extremely overpriced for what you get. My room, the most expensive (over $400) per night was clean, but very dark and had a old motel smell. My bill included $120 gratutities for two days. Whenever we ordered drinks their was a line for gratutities on the check??. I felt bad stiffing the bartenders but I was only playing by their rules. They hold activities during the day from one bar/theater to another, but when the shows' over, they close the venue down and kick you out?? The food is not five star...not gourmet...basically it's cafeteria style. Hint....bring your own supplies. A six pack of beer costs $21 in their gift shop....The place looks like a movie set from the late sixties. The staff was generally OK...the nightime entertainment stunk....except for the X-rated Newlywed game....To sum it up. This is not a classy, romantic place. It's an overpriced day camp for adults...

Comments