Caesars Cove Haven (Rt 590.)

Rt 590
Cove Haven Resort
Booking.com Expedia.com Tingo.com

Satisfaction Average

More about Caesars Cove Haven (Rt 590.)

heaven on earth

cove haven was so much more than i expected.
They treat you like family. I think sitting with other
couples during meals is a good idea. My husband and i met some very nice people while we were there. Some have become dear friends to us.
For those people who were born with a silver spoon
in their mouth, this place is not for you! but for us other people cove haven is nothing but romance
with a little bit of fun thrown in. I am a forever lover and i will always come back. being there just reminds me of how much my husband and i are truly in love. It has done something we have been married almost 20 years and i would like to renew our wedding vows there on our 20 anniversary.

The Perfect Getaway

My husband and I have been to Cove Haven eight or nine times. We have stayed in every room but the Spa Side Harborette. My favorite is the Garden of Eden Apple. I love this place. The social directors are awesome and we try to do some activities, especially the sports. You meet the nicest people when you play softball or even bingo! Although we enjoy meeting others, sometimes we choose to sit alone at dinner or have breakfast in. I love having those choices. When you stay over three times, you become "Forever Lovers" and can get double room upgrades and discounts.

This place is clean and friendly and I would highly recommend it as a romantic getaway. We are going up in September to see Howie Mandel, I can't wait!

Our Favorite Weekend Getaway

My husband and I love Cove Haven. It's the best place to kick back and relax. We both have demanding jobs and it's great to go there and not worry or think about anything other than having lots of fun.

I know the price freaks a lot of people out but if you think about it----if you vacation elsewhere you first pay for your room (that usually doesn't include a jacuzzi or your own private swimming pool), then you have to pay for each meal (at various restaurants), then there's the entertainment expenses. Caesar's is a great deal because everything is right there and the only thing you have to pay for is your beverages and lunch. Each room has a mini fridge so we always come prepared with our own snacks and beverages. We've also timed our breakfast so we won't need to purchase food from the Cafe for lunch. All the entertainment and most activities are on site so you don't have to do any extra traveling unless you want to. You can also visit the other Caesar's resorts in the area and use their facilities at no extra charge.

We've stayed at 3 of the 4 Caesar's Pocono Resorts and now limit our stay to Cove Haven. It is by far the best of all of them. The customer service has always been outstanding at the Cove. All the staff are friendly and helpful. The social directors are a real hoot. Donald & Honest Phil will keep you laughing with their jokes and antics. Their planned activites are lots of fun too. There's always something to do if you don't want to stay in your room. You can join in the planned activities or do your own thing.

We've stayed in many of the rooms: the Cove Harbor, Cove Fantasy, Juliette, the Garden of Eden Apple and the Champagne Towers. Many of these rooms have recently undergone extensive renovations and are very nice. Our favorite is the Garden of Eden Apple. There are no windows in the GEA rooms so it's like you're in another world.....very private. The fireplace is in the bedroom (very romantic) and there are speakers throughout the suite so you can hear your music even in the pool room.

We're Forever Lovers, having stayed at Caesar's a minimum of 3 times. As Forever Lovers we enjoy extra perks that regular guests don't get. The best perk is the room upgrades (when available) and the late check-out. The resorts have special "reunion weekends" for Forever Lovers and we are treated to special cocktail parties and contests.

I could go on and on about Cove Haven. The only thing I would complain about is the overpriced food and beverages in the Cafe, Lounges & NightClub. A burger (very large) is approx. $8. A pizza is $18. There isn't anything close by if you want to go off the property for lunch.

I would definitely recommend Cove Haven as a great place to spend a romantic weekend. We're planning another trip in early Dec. and I can't wait.

Tacky and Overpriced, not a 'Haven'

by TripAdvisor Member UDLinda

My fiance wanted to surprise me with a couple of nights away in a couples-only resort. He meant for it to be beautiful, classy, relaxing, with great customer service and activities. He meant well, and I appreciate him for trying.

As soon as we pulled down the hill to the front desk here, we were both disappointed. The outside of this place looks like nothing more than a cheap motel, or even an old-folks home. He immediately said it was not what he was expecting. He had kept the price a secret from me, and just told me that there were nice restaurants here, and was looking forward to a romantic time. Well, the dinner is a buffet, and the food is very average. The roast beef we got from the carving chef was inedible...overcooked and impossible to cut with the butter knife at the table. You are shown to a table for 8, meaning you have to sit with 3 other couples with whom you may or may not have a thing in common. Seemed strange for a place advertising for coupes. We expected something much more intimate. Our room was clean, but very dark inside. The breakfast buffet was decent, and we did ask for our own table and did receive one for 4 where they didn't seat anyone else. Drinks are not included and were not very good either. For example, at the outdoor pool bar, the margarita was served warm. We decided to check out a couple of hours after checking in. We were told we'd lose our $100 deposit PLUS the first night's accomodations of $350. We got them to give us back the $100, but for $350 a night, we expected much, much more. I don't know how anyone can think highly of this place unless they just don't get out much. We won't ever go back to any Caesar's resort.

Horrible & Overpriced

Don't Stay Here! My wife & I went for a getaway weekend. The place is run down. Has Mold in most buildings. The food was CHEAP cafeteria style. e.g. buffet with cheap pasta & overcooked fish fillet. YOU GET A ONE STAR RESORT FOR A 5 STAR PRICE. By the way, you have to buy a duraflame log from the gift shop if you want to use your fireplace!

Comments