Best Western Revere Inn and Suites Paradise Lancaster

3063 Lincoln Highway (US 30), PO Box 336, Paradise, Pennsylvania, 17562, United States

BEST WESTERN PLUS Revere Inn & Suites
Orbitz.com BestWestern.com Priceline.com

Value Score Great Value!

Costs about the same, but rated 16% higher than other 2 star hotels

• Easty's Profile Photo

Best Western Revere

Around $100 in seaon and $80 out of season

Unique Quality: A full service motor inn. It is adjacent to a full service tavern and a dinner theater. The Best Western Revere also has 2 pools (1 Indoor) and a jacuzzi. Very convient to Paradise, Strasburg, Intercourse, and Bird-In-Hand

Directions: About 7 miles east of Lancaster City

More about Best Western Revere Inn and Suites Paradise Lancaster

Revere Great for families

by TripAdvisor Member oswegomrsbaker

My family of four stayed at the Best Western Revere Inn in Paradise, PA for 5 days in June. We used it as our base for Lancaster, Hershey, and Strasburg attractions. Only 5 minutes from Lancaster but considerably cheaper and 45 min from Hershey. I can't say enough good things about this hotel. Our room was in the main building. It was clean, modern, and spacious. The front desk was very friendly and helpful. There are two pools, one indoor, one outdoor. This was a big hit with my two sons. The breakfast continental buffet is average, nothing fancy. The coffee cake was very good and my boys like the make your own waffle station. There is coffee and tea available in the lobby 24 hours with cookies after 4pm. This is a nice little touch. The Revere Tavern is a very nice restaurant with good food and service, but would not recommend it for young children. The only negative I came across was that the breakfast did get very crowded and seating was limited. We just brought our breakfast back to the room with provided trays. All in all you can't beat the value of this hotel!

Great! The "Best" of the Best Westerns

by TripAdvisor Member Philosophyguru

I booked this hotel on the spur of the moment when a business trip took me to the Lancaster area. Since the hotel is located in Paradise, PA, I almost overlooked it when looking for a place to stay. It about 5 to 6 miles east of the Lancaster Outlets, right on US Route 30. I stayed here in April, so the rates were very low at the time. I booked what I thought was a standard room, it was not listed as a suite, but it was much larger than many rooms I have stayed in claiming to be a suite.

The restaurant out front is very nice. Being alone on a business trip, I had a small meal at the bar. I was quite pleased with the meal, and from the food being served all around, it looked pretty good.

The breakfast bar was above average, much more than your typical danish and coffee, and was larger than typical for this size of hotel.

Most of the Best Westerns I have stayed at on the east coast have been fair to mediocre. This is without question the Best of the Best Westerns I have stayed at on the east coast, and rate this a very excellent place to stay.

Good location for RR

by TripAdvisor Member nermag

Went to lancaster with 3 yr old to do Thomas.
This location was an excellent choice as it was close to the RR.
The indoor and outdoor pools were clean.
The room 2q was spacious and clean. We had a room in the main building to the back of the building so no street traffic.
The breakfast was very nice. Waffles, fruit, yogurt, breakfast sandwiches for the microwave, toast, bagels, cereal, juices, coffee.
Staff was welcoming, check in and out quick and easy.

Great Place Great Value

by TripAdvisor Member twinyankee1020

2nd time in 2yrs staying at this hotel. Rooms very clean and spacious. Free breakfast is a good money saver. Located in the middle of Amish counttry an very close to outlets and many restaurants.
Pool is great as is the staff.
Tom in Suffern NY!

Great for groups

by TripAdvisor Member jhwSusan_VA

I brought a group of 47 from my church to Lancaster to see the "In the Beginning" show at the Sight and Sound Theatre. We stayed one night at the Best Western. Upon our arrival, we checked in and found the keys waiting for us to hand out to our group. We were in the main(?) building with the front desk, breakfast area and pool. Our rooms were very spacious and clean. They had even left "treat bags" for each guest in the room. The bags had a large apple, a small bottle of water, a pretzel and Hershey's candy bar. The kids loved to pool and I think I saw a small laundry area close to the pool that would be very convenient to do laundry and keep an eye on kids. The breakfast area was kinda crowded with all of our bus group and the other guests in the hotel but I did not hear any complaints. I asked if there was any where I could get ice for our coolers on the bus and I was told to help myself to the ice machine. I found the staff to be very friendly and helpful. The room rate was very reasonably and I would absolutely bring another group to this hotel and I would stay here as a family, too.

Disappointed

by TripAdvisor Member viajero123

My wife and I stayed at this motel from June 10th till June 15th, 2007. This was our first time visiting the Lancaster area, and the motel was centrally located. The other reason we stayed here was that it had an indoor pool. We arrived on Sunday and were attended by an inexperienced clerk. Our room had 2 Queen beds, very comfortable, no complaints. The furniture was cheap, the type you buy at WalMart and assemble yourself. The table was about to fall; it was repaired or replaced two days later. The bathroom was fine for 1 person, but when 2 were trying to use it, it was very small. My wife hit me in the knee with the bathroom door. The shower head was low, which is fine for me, but I am not 6' tall. The closet door was hard to open or close; it was eventually fixed. The room was clean. Maid service was excellent. Breakfast was spotty. Three out of the 5 days it was well run. The last day was the worst. Eventhough we arrived 30 minutes earlier than usual, they were out of bagels, breakfast burritos, croissants, and some cereal. That day, a Friday, the place was full and it was difficult to move, since the tables are crammed in a small area. We never used the outdoor pool, but we used the indoor pool. The pool area is blah, with comfortable lounge chairs, but NO tables. So you have to keep your belongings on the chair or on the floor. The pool temperature was a little too cold, got in to my waist. The whirlpool worked fine, except the water was luke warm. It had no charm or decor to speak of, it was functional, institutional-ike. The room had a TV with 6 HBO channels (if I remember correctly). There was no guide to them. No channel was dedicated as a TV Guide. When I asked the front desk for a TV Guide, they said one should be in the room, I told them no; the response: a previous guest must have stolen it, they had no more. The front desk clerks were for the most part useless. The motel offers an evening snack consisting of a plate of cookies. The Sunday platter was the best in my opinion, due to the variety and quality of the cookies. They seem to only serve one platter. We came back from sightseeing and the platter was empty with just the plastic wrapper on it. We stayed in the room 30 to 45 minutes resting and deciding where to eat. When we came out, the platter was still there. When we came back from eating, it was still there. The front desk was not busy, but it always seemed to take a long time to remove the empty platter. One evening after lounging at the indoor pool, my wife decided to get a cup of coffee on the way to the room. They offer 24 hour coffee. The dispenser was empty. We went to the front desk, where eventually a woman came out. My wife had to ask twice for the coffee. She came out and asked how many cups, they do not refill the dispenser. I did not want one, so she went to the kitchen area and got one cup for my wife. Also, there is a dinner theater next to the motel, sharing the same parking lot. I asked her, what were the show times. Her response was, we own the theater, but not the show. There was no information about the theater or the restaurant in the rooms or the lobby. The binder that usually gives information about the motel, its amenities, rules, and surrounding area attractions; had only information about the motel. Too bad, because the theater and restaurant are connected by the parking lot and I believe belong to the same property. After her useless response, I decided to get a cup of tea. Of course the thermos with hot water was empty, and she had already gone back to her office so I decided to skip the tea. Last September we stayed at the Bayside Resort in Cape Cod, a similar motel to the Best Western; but it cost less, service was excellent, amenities were great (even though they had no waffles for breakfast), indoor pool was beautiful. So in comparison, this motel was disappointing.

Pros: Clean rooms, comfortable beds, good breakfast when it was run well, (you might want to be there early), convenient location.

Cons: Useless front desk service, poor or non existing information on site theater or restaurant, uninviting indoor pool area, cheap furniture, lousy TV (2 channels had lots of noise), 24hr coffee/tea means you have to go to the front desk to get some, too expensive for the value.

A very nice place to stay!

by TripAdvisor Member Tim&Bill

We stayed at his hotel for 2 nights in mid July. We were traveling with friends, so we had 2 rooms. For the price, we found this to be one of the best values in the PA Dutch area. Our rooms were in the older part of the complex, near the outdoor pool area anc close to the historical Revere House restaurant on the property. We found the rooms to be nice (above average for most Best Westerns) and the location very convenient.

The breakfast, included in the room prices, was very good. There was a large selection available and everything was always available, even though there were large crowds. Perhaps the worst part was the inadequate number of tables for breakfast, but there was only a few minutes wait to get a table.

While staying here, be sure to have dinner at the Revere House. This is an orginal stage coach stop from the 1700's and has a lot of history. The food was excellent!

Great stay in Amish Country

by TripAdvisor Member mrsdiggy66

Hotel is excellent, off the main road so you don't hear the noise from the road. Has 2 swimming pools indoor and outdoor.
Room very clean and well kept. Has continental breakfast,
everyday 7-10 am. Rate very reasonable.

Good Value for the Money!

by TripAdvisor Member PatriciaB_7

Quite impressed! My husband and I stayed in the Best Western Revere 1790 House Suites, just a stone's throw from the Revere Tavern, and even though we had what the reservationist and website called "the smallest suite" it was very spacious. An "English Airbath" was advertised, and we thoroughly enjoyed it. The suite, number 104, was spotless, and included a small refrigerator, fully-equipped coffeemaker, and microwave. The breakfast the next morning was more than substantial. We arrived at the 7:00 am start, as recommened by other reviewers, so as not to miss out on anything. I made my own belgian waffle, delicious hot off the griddle. My husband had the breakfast burrito, and we both had very fresh fruit, juice and coffee. We will definitely be back, and probably bring our adult children, for a trip to Hershey, without the Hershey prices, as suggested by a previous reviewer.
One note: the toilet was positioned right up against the wall, therefore making it a tight squeeze in the bathroom. If you are large and tall, I would opt for a larger suite with perhaps a larger bathroom.

Where to stay

by mitch_j5

We are travelling to Dutch Country in December and were planning on staying in Lancaster. I am now thinkinh that it could be a better idea to stay in one of the smaller towns such as Bird-In-Hand or Intercourse to really get a feel for the area. What do you think, and can anyone suggest somewhere to stay that isn't too expensive.

THANKS

by travelmad478

Lancaster is not exactly a huge metropolis either. It takes about 8 minutes to get out of town. I wouldn't worry too much about being able to get into the more rural areas from there. It's also likely that Lancaster has the largest variety of lodging options, price-wise.

Having said that, I stayed a few years ago at a B&B in a town called Ephrata, which was very nice and not far away. There is also Lititz, home of the pretzel factory (worth a stop, in my book).

by VladimirIL

You HAVE to stay in Intercouse if for not other reason than to send postcards to all your friends letting them in on your night time activities to make them jealous--especially if they have kids & don't have sex anymore!

by OreoRacing

Lancaster is a beautiful place. We stayed there last year when we went to Strasburg. You won't have any trouble getting around!

by GUYON

In August 2001, we stayd in Lancaster by Danny and Nancy, a B&B called :

O'Flaherty's Dingendein House
1105 E. King Street - Lancaster

The greeting was warm and familiar as I wait in a true B&B.

See the picture on my Lancaster page.

Re: Re: Where to stay

by Easty

I stayed at both the Bird-In-Hand Inn and the Best Western Revere Inn on Roue 30. Out of these two, I liked the Best Western Revere the best. I also got the room for less than $90 a night during peak summertime. The other suggestions looked great to me to. Also, I second travelmad's suggestion of the pretzel factory in Lititz. You will also have to visit the chocolate store nearby as well. I believe its name was Wilbur's or something similar to that.

by ladyfisher

It is avey pretty area alot of B&B for the most part. Itis not major town. After you get your petzel drive a little more to Hersey and do the choclate town!

Comments