EJ Bowman House B&B

2672 Lititz Pike, Route 501, Lancaster, Pennsylvania, 17601, United States

• Rudest Inn Keepers

The husband and wife team that own this Inn were beyond rude to me. I had booked my stay around midnight Friday night, to stay at the Inn for Saturday night. I noticed that check-in time was 4pm, but due to the tropical storm warning for Saturday, and since I was driving that day from southern Maryland to Lancaster, I called the Inn to see if it'd be alright for me to arrive around Noon, as to avoid driving in the worst of the storm. I was told by the husband that would be fine, and he asked me to call when I got to York. I ended up being very delayed, due to the horrible driving conditions, and ended up not getting to Lancaster until just before 4pm anyway. I had tried to call them to let them know of the delay, but the line was either busy, or made a loud beeping noise, like a fax line would. Eventually, I did get through to them. This was the wife's response to me saying I was delayed due to the weather, "Well I'm glad you told me now, since we had to cancel our lunch plans and everything, cause you said you'd be here at Noon." Can you believe that?? I reminded her that I had tried to call, and that above all, I was the CUSTOMER, and she should not be telling me how badly HER day was ruined by MY delay. She was SO rude to me that I hung up on her. I called back to explain some more, still shocked by her unprofessionalism and rudeness. Her husband answered, who was EVEN RUDER! He said, "If you had a doctor's appt at 2pm, would you be late for THAT??" He spoke to me like I was his child or co-worker. So I had to remind him, too, that I was a CUSTOMER. He demanded an apology from me for being late, and reminded me again how ruined their day was because I didn't arrive there at 12pm as I had planned. I hung up on him as well, bewildered by his rudeness, and HE CALLED ME BACK to continue the argument!! I was so shocked I was shaking and ended up driving around Lancaster in the pouring rain, to find another place to stay for that night. I would highly recommend not dealing with these lunatics. Never in my life have I been treated like that, especially as a paying customer. I plan on contacting the better business bureau as well.

Comments