Holiday Inn Express Lancaster

24 South Willowdale Drive, Rockvale Outlets, Lancaster, Pennsylvania, 17602, United States
Holiday Inn Express Lancaster-Rockvale Outlets
HIExpress.com Booking.com Orbitz.com

More about Lancaster

Former Marshall College in MercersburgFormer Marshall College in Mercersburg

A Delightful Horse & CarriageA Delightful Horse & Carriage

Section Of Kitchen Kettle Village Shopping CentreSection Of Kitchen Kettle Village Shopping Centre

Pennsylvania Dutch Gifts/SouvenirsPennsylvania Dutch Gifts/Souvenirs

Help, hubby just told me he wants to go to Lancaster and surrondings

by ConnieVa

Usually when we travel I have plenty of time to research the area. Hubby mentioned last night he would love to go to Amish country. Now I know a lot of the area is "pretend" Amish. Being from Virginia I am not "green" about respect etc.

What I really want to know is this: Looking for a motel where we can take our Maltese. He will be crated while we are out and about sightseeing. We don't need a fancy motel but don't want to stay in a dump either. It would be nice to find a place where you almost have a little cabin (for lack of a better term) but it would be fine if it were just a motel that allows pets.

Also, want to get out and see the farmland and how the Amish live. I am used to Menonite people but hard to explain to a Texan (hubby) the difference.

We are not into shopping but do like to see points of intrest.

by Travmad

I would suggest that you can expand your hotel search to the Harrisburg are as well. My wife and I have found that accommodation in the Lancaster area is pricey for not much and may not be pet friendly. Harrisburg and surrounding areas isn't that far away to dive into Lancaster. Have a great trip!

by cherylrf

I'm just checking out the places listed in our Yellow Pages that say pet friendly and here is what I found: Hawthorn Inn 800-794-0735. This is pretty close to everything and just off the highway. You might also check out the PA Dutch Visitors Bureau website www.800padutch.com. Also, there is a small motel called Spruce Lane Lodge & Cottages. No 800 number but the direct line is 717-393-1991. This sits right next to the Smoketown airport (tiny tiny airport but cute!) It is also along Route 340 which is the "real" Lancaster County type road. You WILL get stuck behind Amish buggies and see lots of Amish and Mennonite using this road. It leads into Bird-In-Hand and Intercourse and lots of other little towns. I think your best bet would be checking out the PA Dutch website. I hope this helps. When are you visiting? Cheryl

by angiebabe

Maybe its too late and youve already done your trip but otherwise see my accommodation tip for Lancaster - ihad a great time driving widely around the area and enjoyed staying where i did - most of my travels in the usa were from my Lets Go guidebook when i would normally use the lonely planet or rough guide but for the states this guidebook was excellent - very thorough and dependable for interesting sights and history info and also for the recommended choice range of accommodation.
so id recommend having such a guidebook on hand for any further trips with minimal notice!
bye for now.

Travel Tips for Lancaster

One of my most favorite things...

by Easty

One of my most favorite things to do while in the Lancaster area is to drive the back roads. It is like going back in time. It is so peaceful. Lancaster is definitely the barn capital of the world. There is silo after silo. Getting behind a horse and buggy

View the Susquehanna River from Chickie's Rock

by mmyerspa

Get a fantastic view of the Susquehanna River and the Bridges connecting Columbia and Wrightsville from Chickie's Rock. The Susquehanna River is the western boundary of Lancaster County. Take Route 30 West towards York. The last exit before the bridge into York County is Route 441. Turn right at the end of the exit and look for the Chickies Rock signs on the left as you go up the hill. It's a bit of a hike (maybe 1/2 mile). The views are fantastic.

Plain and Fancy Restaurant

by Easty about Plain and Fancy Restaurant

The Plain and Fancy Restaurant was a unique experience. The food was served family style (Food was put on big plates and passed around the table). It featured local Amish style cooking. The food was great. But, it was limited with selection. The drink selection was limited as well. As a side note, the only time I was here was for a VT Meeting. It was a great place for a larger gathering.

Find the covered bridges

by Pawtuxet

This one was in our back yard when we stayed in the stone cottage in Churchtown. The area is being renovated now for a future park so in the meantime, you can't go over the bridge. But photographing it and just looking at it made me happy. Love covered bridges. What's that all about.?

Stoudtburg Village

by Knight_Kadosh

Stoudtburg Village, just across the Lancaster County line in Adamstown. More than 200 indoor dealers and more than 100 outdoor dealers. Open Sundays, 7:30am - 5:00pm

Throughout the year there are scheduled events and festivals for you to enjoy here. The public is often treated to Extravaganza weekends of Entertainment, music, arts and crafts, anniversary and holiday events. This picturesque setting is created by the Old World European architecture that surrounds you. This is definitely worth a trip over the County line, while in this area of Lancaster County.

Comments