Hotel Brunswick

See Amenities

Needs to be condemned

by written on October 7, 2012

*no fire alarm
*exposed electrical in bathroom and in room
*No furniture, all but beds look like they have been stolen (no fridge, nightstand dresser ect)
*lights did not work
*urn stains on box springs, sheets, walls
*missing ceiling panel with exposed rusty pipes and rodent dropping in shower
*unlaundered sheets and towels
*cigarette butts on floors
*roaches and bed bugs
*stains on walls and carpet
*broken beds
*stench caused headaches for my husband and I was throwing up all night... It smelled like something was decomposing
*hotel doors do not lock at night
*i have a rash from sleeping in the beds
*elevator and escalators broken
*rude, no refund, mgr would not even speak to us
*the BBB rated this place with an F.... Part of the hotel is condemned and the have multiple health and city violations
**note this was the second room that we were moved to because the first was even worse!

LIERS, THEFT AND FILTH

by written on October 5, 2012

NOT ONLY WAS THIS PLACE THE WORST HOTEL IF YOU CAN CALL IT THAT.. THEY ROBBED OUR ROOM. THE CLEANING LADY WAS THE ONLY ONE WHO ENTERED OUR ROOM STEALING A NEW CELL PHONE AND 3 CHARGERS. WE WERE DOING A FLOORING JOB IN LANCASTER AND DIDNT REALIZE WHAT A PIT OF A PLACE THIS IS .. OF COURSE WHEN THE POLICE WERE CALLED THEY INFORMED US OF HOW QUOTE MUCH OF A PIECE OF BLANK THIS PLACE IS AND THEY HAVE BEEN TRYING TO SHUT IT DOWN FOR YEARS. OF COURSE THE CLEANING LADY LIED PRETENDED NOT TO SPEAK ENGISH AND THEN SAID HER KEY CARD WAS STOLEN AFTER SHE CLEANED OUR ROOM ALL LIES.. i ASKED HOTEL FOR THEIR INSURANCE COMPANY AND OF COURSE NOTHING..i PLAN ON FILING A CIVIL CASE AGAINST THEM MYSELF.. DONT GO THERE IT IS A PIT OF HELL!!!i ALSO WILL BE CALLING THE BOARD OF HEALTH AND ANYONE ELSE i CAN GET INVOLVED TO RUN THEM OUT OF TOWN.

Unique Quality: FILTHY DUMP, BUGS, RATS, CIGARETTES TRASH, LIERS

Worst Hotel Ever

by written on September 9, 2012

This was the absolute worst place ever.. Well first of all we had to fight for a parking spot in there 3 lot parking area.. We walked in and had to walk up the broken escalater to the Libby to check in where we were meeted by a flood. The entire Libby was ankle deep water due to leaky roof... After checking in we had to take the elevator which had a missing floor and was literally falling apart to the ninth floor .. We get to our room and were greeted by the dirtiest thing you could ever imagine.. The blankets and sheets were filthy the pillow sheets had holes and the carpets and walls were stained with god knows what. The bathroom wasn't ever cleaned I think.. The toilet seat was falling off ... We weren't even there for 10 minutes when we started to get but by bugs... My arms and back are covered in bug bites... Needless to say we were out of there.. The only good thing about this place was they refunded our money... Oh and I forgot the pool wasn't open due to having sand in it and the whole place stunk!!! I would never even come within 2 blocks of this place and highly recommend that no one should stay there... It really should be inspected, condemned , then torn down or possibly just burnt diwn

Directions: Downtown Lancaster

Very courteous and helpful service

by written on August 4, 2012

This is my first time to Lancaster and I find the location central. I love that it is right on main street, in walking distance to all the essentlals and easily accessible. The premises looks inviting as it is clean and looked well kept. My first impression was not short lived as the staff delivered first class service, were cheerful and very helpful. I had lots if questions and the entire staff was very accommodating. The clerk when I checked in was very pleasant and cordial, he made me feel very comfortable and at home. It was good that when I came to my room I was not disappointed as the room was inviting, looks and smell clean and the elctronics and appliances works and upon calling the front desk my enquiries were answered pleasingly and in a friendly tone.

Not only did I get to meet the cerk that checked me in, I met the staff that came on later that evening and they too were very friendly ad accommodating. While at the counter making general enquires, the manager was very helpful and went above and beyond to fill my queries. Not very often you will find managers who takes on daily task and extends themself to accommodate guest.

Kudos to Hotel Brunswick and staff. It was a pleasure spending the weekend at home away from home. I strongly recommend this site for accommodation and will gladly return here on my next visit. Thanks sin to the staff for making my stay very comfortable ad pleasurable.

Unique Quality: Centrally located in the heart of downtown is a plus or location choice. The friendliness and accommodation of the management and staff makes this hotel outstanding for helpfulness and customer service.

Directions: Arts district of downtown Lancaster. Very close to all public amenities and transportation.

Horrible

by written on October 24, 2011

I stayed in this hotel a year ago, and wasn’t all that bad. It was not the Marriot, but it was what I would expect from an old downtown hotel. Stayed there 9/30/11 and 10/1/11 and it was truly awful. I’ve been in hotels all over the world, and this is by far the worst I have ever seen. I will never stay here again, ever. I’ll start at the beginning. They really don’t have parking, you stay in a public lot next door, this in itself is not bad, but they tried to charge me for parking when I checked out. Down escalator is not working, and the lobby and entranceway smelled like mold. I checked in and got to my room, and one of the beds was not made at all. I got in late, so didn’t really check, so when I woke up in the morning, there was very little toilet paper, no soap, no shampoo, and only on small towel. I left the hotel that morning and came back at noon. Room had not been touched. Left came back around 4ish. Room still had not been touch. I was heading down to the lobby to complain, when I ran in to two hotel people checking rooms. I was obviously irritated and told them about the room, they told me that the maid service early and rooms did not get cleaned. They told me they would have towels and all the other as sundry items sent up. I waited for about an hour and there was nothing. When I went out again, I complained to the front desk, they said that the items would be sent up. When I came back around 9pm, nothing had been done. I went back down to the desk and I was getting very irritated. The desk clerk got me most of the items, but no towels. She said that towels would be sent right up. It shouldn’t come as a big surprise that the towels never arrived. I must say, that this is the worse hotel I have ever stayed in. I will never stay here again, and would recommend that anyone else stay away also.

This Hotel should be CLOSED DOWN!

by written on October 3, 2011

We stayed two nights and it was the worst stay we ever had at any hotel! This place should be closed down, at least until the renovations are done. Then the managment needs to learn how to operate a hotel the proper way! There was mold and mildew, elevators not working properly, phones didn't work, dirty, the fifth floor was being worked on and dark, if you got off elevator on that floor, it was pitch dark and a person could get HURT! I can't even imagine how they could stay open at this time!! Someone needs to look into this matter and soon!! I only wish I would have gotten pictures of this place to upload to this review! It is unbelievabel!

Directions: In the heart of Lancaster

marca's Profile Photo

Very Surprised

by written on April 15, 2009

Booked the Hotel Brunswick online as I dislike staying in chain hotels. Parking is free at an adjacent garage (be sure to have your ticket validated at the front desk). The hotel is under some renovation on the lower floors but we did not hear a thing in our room on the 9th floor. We found the room to be very clean, and was equipped with a flat screen TV and internet access. There was a small refrigerator big enough for your own wine, beer, soda, juice, snacks etc. There is a hair dryer, coffee maker and an iron in the room.

Unique Quality: Great Downtown location, walking distance to the Central Market and Penn Square area. There is an indoor pool and fitness center but we did not have time to use them. The rooms appear to be recently renovated.

Not a good experience

by written on June 12, 2005

Not a good experience. We selected this hotel because it is centrally located in historic downtown Lancaster PA. The hotel (a Ramada) was very substandard in quality. Air conditioning didn't work, king-sized bed was near collapse, half the electrical outlets in the room did not work, basic amenities missing from room (shower cap, iron, cups in the bathroom, etc.) It did not feel very clean and the hotel lobby was noticably musty. We left after one day and will not be going back.

Directions: Historic downtown district

mmyerspa's Profile Photo

Hotel in Downtown Lancaster

by written on February 28, 2005

Solid hotel in the heart of downtown. Basically, it is the only hotel in the downtown area. Right across the street from the police station. Spent the weekend there with some friends.

Unique Quality: The indoor pool and exercise area were well kept. The surrounding buildings have a lot of architectural interest, and the hotel has some history, although it's not evident when you look at the building (it has had several lives).

I'm sure there are clubs and such closeby, if that is your thing. The Village - right across the street - has hosted some big names in the past, but I'm not in that scene, so I don't know where they stand now. They used to be known for hosting "has beens", which is great if you like older rock music. Other than clubs, there's not much to do in downtown at night. During the day, there are walking tours (Lancaster was the country's capital for a day, has a historic opera house, and an indoor farmer's market).

Directions: Downtown. All one way streets in the center of town.

Nearby Hotel Brunswick

• Pets Allowed
  • Continental Breakfast
  • Bar / Lounge

Lancaster Travel Forum

Need advice about Lancaster, Pennsylvania? Visit the Travel Forum for Lancaster and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Lancaster hotel reviews

Poor (1.5 out of 5.0) 2 Reviews
The Australian Walkabout Inn Bed & Breakfast
Lovelace Manor Bed and Breakfast

Explore Deeper into Lancaster
If you love cheese you need to stop here
Lititz PA
Touring Harley Davidson plant in York
Unique shops at Doneckers
Shopping
Did somebody say "sales tax free"?
Central Market
Things to Do
Renningers Antique and Farmers Market (Adamstown)
Middle Creek Wildlife Management Area
More than an Irish Pub
A cool local hangout!
Buggies...especially at certain times
Warnings and Dangers
Route 30 Strip...outlet shopping, restaurants,etc.
Tourist Traps
Local farmer's markets and farm stands
Creative, fresh sandwiches
Hershey Park, Fulton Opera House, Tanger outlet
excellent luch or dinner
Dinner in an Amish home
Things to Do
The Amish culture, surelly a different way of life
Favorites