2300 Lincoln Highway East, Lancaster, Pennsylvania, 17602, United States

Booking.com Expedia.com Orbitz.com

Satisfaction Terrible

Costs 31% more than similarly rated 3 star hotels

• A resort? Really?

The worst! I stayed June 9-12, 2011 and while I enjoyed the people, the hotel took away from the experience. The infrastructure is literally falling apart. Repairs with duct tape, or not fixed at all, but just put up a sign, that's as good as fixing things. The housekeeping staff is noisy, the lack of elevators between the multiple floors, gee, I don't know how this place stays open, when this poorly arranged for the handicapped. The sheets barely cover the beds, the floors are dirty looking.
    The air conditioning barely works, and the food service is slow & the buffet is average at best, although the fruit is obviously aged as it is very brown.

Unique Quality: Nice view of their golf course, although they start cutting grass very early.

• Probably the worst value hotel I ever stayed at.

I had no idea any hotel charging high prices could be this bad.
    The "Host," after they ignored two e-mail requests for info on how to get there from Harrisburg Airport.
    We phoned a fortnight before leaving and they promised to pick us up in the hotel bus -"just phone the day before you leave."
    We did this, giving the flight number, but on arrival at the airport there was nobody there. We stooged around for an hour, then called, to be told they would not be picking us up as it was not their policy.
    The room stank. It had been used by a smoker and also smelled musty. The hotel looked seedy: wall tiles were falling off in the bathroom, worn carpet was patched with tape, access was difficult, with stairs everywhere and no elevators. Conference organisers note: access to this place is very difficult with cases, or anything else heavy .We were amazed to find that despite paying $109 a night plus taxes there was not so much as a free donut in the morning.
    Coffee in the rooms was the worst ever. The beds seemed to be made of concrete slabs.
    There was no fridge - we were told we could have one for $25 extra. Wow! Also, no microwave. These are standard fittings in all modern hotels, but to the Host they are extras or just absent.
    My laptop has no wireless, so I could not use the very limited wireless facility in the lobby- available nowhere else in this dive.
    Asked for a lead to borrow to connect my laptop in our room, I was advised to buy one from a local store. This was typical of the couldn't care less attitude at Lancaster Host.
    The ice machine didn't work in our corridor and phone calls, everything was extra at this place, a sad excuse for an hotel.
    On the last day a fellow guest was almost in tears as the Host had gone back on their promise to give her a lift to the Lancaster train station. She had no cash left, no credit card on her and was trying to get home to Canada.
    If our experiences, from September 5 to 10 2006 at this ghastly fleapit are to be avoided by you, our strong advice is to book elsewhere.

Unique Quality: Extremely dated, poorly trrained staff, loads of stairs and no elevators.What a package. Oh, there is no frree breakfast or free anything else much, apart from disgusting coffee. The prices are very high for a fifth rate fleapit.

Directions: Why would anyone want directions to this place? The way out is what most guests were looking for.

More about Lancaster Host Resort and Conference Center

Lancaster Host

by TripAdvisor Member Breadgrump

Recently took my small grandchildren on a last minute weekend getaway! The Lancaster Host was a great choice! The staff was wonderful and made our trip one to remember. Can't wait to go back!

What a dump

I really wish I had consulted this site before booking a room at the Lancaster Host Resort - I would have known to stay away. The online pictures looked good, but in reality our room was filthy. The bathroom was moldy, the carpet was so nasty that I didn't want to walk barefoot on it, and our bed was uncomfortable with cheap and flimsy sheets. Don't waste your time here.

Terrific Resort

My family and I spent two days at the Lancaster Host Resort and had an amazing time. We found the room to be clean and pleasantly decorated. I found the climate control system in the room to be quiet compared to many other hotels that I have stayed at recently. The climate control system also worked very well. The beds were very comfortable. The bathroom was clean and large enough to be comfortable.

The outdoor pool at the Lancaster Host Resort is amazing. It is huge and has a volleyball net, a basketball hoop, an island with a sprinkler shooting into the pool and a bridge to the island. It is large enough so that kids can be splashing and clowning around at one end and others can just enjoy swimming around quietly at the other end. There is also a baby pool that is large enough to accomodate about 25 kids comfortably. The resort provides its guests with all the pool towels you need also. There is a very nice pool bar which offers alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages as well as hot and cold food. There is also a lot of room to spread out around the pool with tons of lounge chairs to sit on. There is also shuffleboard and ping-pong available in the pool area.

The Lancaster Host's indoor pool is also very impressive. The pool is large enough that five kids were able to swim in the pool without disturbing the other guest who was swimming laps in the pool. The pool was very clean and well maintained. There is also a large jacuzzi and a sauna in the indoor pool area. There is a lifeguard on duty at all times at both the indoor and outdoor pools.

The complimentary continental breakfast provided each morning is very good. They had four different types of coffee, flavor shots for the coffee, and several different types of muffins. Additionally, all kids under twelve eat free in two of the Host's restaurants. The kids can order off of the kid's menu and there is no charge.

The room rate was one of the lowest in the area and included far more amenities than any other hotel in the area. Next time we go back we will stay longer as there are many more things to do at the Host than we were able to do like tennis, a game room, basketball, golf, etc. If you are going to Lancaster, this is the place to stay!

Second Time is the Charm

My family and I were to the Lancaster Host several months ago and enjoyed the experience; promising to return. Well we were there just a week ago and had a wonderful time.

The staff was great! Friendly while being professional and most helpful. Lots of smiling faces in ever area. The pool and activites for the kids were better this time around (better weather) and the golf course is shaping up very well.

My wife and I enjoyed the golf and the Golf Pro is a real asset. I believe his name is Ira. Patient with lessons and helpful in all ways to providing us with 18 holes on what has to be one of the most senic courses around.

We will be back!

Satisfied

by TripAdvisor Member Rowsee1

I have read all the prior reviews and as a pet owner I had no choice but to take a chance and stay at this hotel. I stayed overnight on the 26th of November. I was a little apprehensive about the room I was going to get due to all the complaints from everyone else. Needless to say the section of the building I stayed in has been refurbished. Obviously the new mangement has been doing alot of work. My room, bed linens, bathroom area were very clean. I was able to see other rooms in the same area and the rooms were in the same condition as the one I had. The section I stayed in was B area of the hotel.
True to fact the indoor poor was crowded with children, but if you looking to spend time in a pool, you should stay at a spa.
My mother had the buffet breakfast and was very satisfied with the courteous service she received.
I also had a problem with Mother, due to fact that she is a diabetic. She thought she had left her medicine at the hotel. I phoned them and asked them to check the room to see if I had left them there. They took my number and phoned me back in timely manner.
Since I have two dogs I did do alot of walking and did see the golf course, which does need work.
If you need a place to stay with your animals, I would recommend this place.
I definitely will return in the spring.

Not what it was!

by TripAdvisor Member SirLunchAlot

Front desk staff very helpful but hotel design is substandard. Checked in for a 5 day stay and had to drag 3 bags and PC bags up and down 3 stairways on way to a 1st floor room.
Remote not working and rooms could not be controlled via the thermostat. Room was in upper 80's, low 90's all night.
Hotel's food not so great; we cannot be sure they were the cause but two of us ended up not feeling so well (to say the least) for 3-4 days after the 5 day stay and eating at both restaurants and ordering room service. However, the Chicken Ceasar Salad's were a 9 out of 10, but those are a staple offering that any hotel should master anyway.
Again, the front desk staff was helpful and it is convenient location to about everything.
Not great for the money, I have pricelined 4 star beachfront rooms in Maui for less.

Nasty... this place is a pit.... Do Not Stay Here

I stayed at the hotel becuase of a training conference. The hotel was a complete pit. I had to walk what felt like a mile to my room. No elevators. The rooms were large, but teh beds were VERY uncomfortable, the pillows were like little rocks, the bathroom was dirty. The food was horrible. The company I work for paid $50,000 for the weekend conference. Breakfast beverages were water or iced tea.... the filet mignon at the banquet dinner was as tough as an automobile tire and I found hair in my chicken. The indoor pool was dirty, dirty,dirty. The pool floor was BROWN! The staff seemed dazed and confused, were were very rude. The hotel is dirty and run down. I am not sure what types of hotels other folks are used to staying in... especially those who wrote rave reviews, But your best bet is to stay at a chain hotel like Hilton's Hampton Inns or even a Fairfield... they are in the business of customer service and customer appreciation. Also one last thing... people who wrote about the cartoons were not kidding.. you must PAY for cartoons. This is a horrible place... I dont care if they are under new management, it's run down and just nasty.

Check It Out Day

I drove to Lancaster to inspect the Hotel before I stayed there in July 2005. After reading the reports of the consumer's I decided to see for myself. When I arrived at the from desk I advised of my stay in July 2005 and was greated coldly. A manager came down and showed me the rooms.
The standared room were basic and the suite rooms were connected by a regular door you had to open to get the other room (what a rip off). The wall paper was not secure but coming off the wall. And the atmoshphere was business like.
I was planning a family vacation with kids not a work related business suit atmoshphere for fun. The enviroment was stuck up but not worth the money. I wasn't impressed with the room or the people. I will be canceling my stay ASAP. I am glad I checked it out. Hershey Farm Inn is the Best, my stay there was excellent and the family packages where great and the kids loved it. Check it out!

A nasty surprise in Lancaster, PA

by alanfranklin

"Dated, dreary and just bad value."

I went to Lancaster for a conference, not for a battle with a hotel. I was just glad when my stay at the Lancaster Host Resort and Conference Center ended, as it was so bad and such poor value, and would have left it at that - never to return. However, the sight of a distraught fellow guest, who had the ssame bum's rush we were given, prompted me to take some action to protect fellow travellers. I travel often and have never had cause to complain like this before. Read on- and be warned....

night life

by babeebule

hello,

i am looking for a place to stay close to them antiques and also the outlets in lancaster.pa. however we would like a place that of course is clean but also has a lounge with a band on friday evenings. can you suggest something
thanks jodie

Re: night life

by mmyerspa

Not sure which antique places you're looking for. Outlets are along Lincoln Highway (route 30 "east"), although most accomodations here are "motels" and don't have lounges. The Fulton Steamboat http://www.fultonsteamboatinn.com/ advertises a lounge and is right across from Rockvale outlets. Lancaster Host Resort http://www.lancasterhost.com/ is one of the largest hotels in this area; they used to have live bands and DJs every weekend, but I'm not sure if this is still the case. The Host is between the two outlet centers. I see they now have a comedy club.

Comments