Willow Valley Inn & Suites

Rank 12 of 52 hotels
in Lancaster
Good (3.0 out of 5.0) 4 reviews

Willow Valley Resort

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on August 4, 2010

Stayed at hotel for two nights (minimum stay for a weekend) and hotel staff was very courteous and friendly. Overall, the food was extremely disappointing and the fruit tasted "spoiled". The hotel was designated "smoke-free", but when we entered our hotel room on arrival we were greeted with a very strong cigarette smell. Interestingly, our reservation report states that a "$150 fee will apply if rooms are smoked in". When we notified the hotel staff of this problem they sent a young man to "spray" the carpet. This did nothing to eliminate the odor. In addition, our used towels were left in the room after our first night stay even though new towels had been brought for our use.
My family and I would not recommend this hotel to any of our family or friends.

Terrible! DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY!!!

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on July 15, 2010

Upon arrival our room looked decent. Upon further inspection we noticed several dirty and broken items around the room.
I can list every problem we had but I will only share a few.

The fridge leaked onto the carpet leaving a huge puddle in the mornings

The remote was broken and could only be used close up.

The shower curtain rod was bent, there for the shower curtain would slide to the middle. This provided no privacy and also made for a slippery exit even with 2 towels on the floor.

The iron was broken. It would only work on the highest setting, damaging clothing. The water compartment was also broken.

The filter on the a/c was FILTHY! Not recommended for breathing.

These are only a few problems we had with this room.

Upon checkout I presented the clerk with our list and she told me that she would pass it on......... NOT very likely.

I just made a phone call to the resort and spoke with a " Kelsie" at the front desk. First of all she was extremely unprofessional saying such phrases as " Umm, like I am not sure " And " Like, I don't know what to tell you"

I was given the extensions of the day manager "Tom" and the resort manager " Lisa Sellers" I will be contacting both of these individuals tomorrow to see if I will be able to get a reasonable response.

Buy the way we paid $161 a night and this is the AAA rate. If I would have known how crappy the room was I would have stayed at the Double Tree resort next door for the same rate. AT LEAST HILTON WOULD LISTEN TO THIER CUSTOMER COMPLAINTS!

Unique Quality: NOTHING!

autumnly's Profile Photo

Peaceful getaway

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on November 17, 2008

I've stayed at Willow Valley several times. I was very young the first time (maybe 6-7?) and best remember the duck pond from that visit. More recently my mother and I went for a mother-daughter weekend away. The rooms are lovely and comfortable, there is a great indoor pool area with hot tubs, and the food in the resort restaurant is fantastic. Before you leave, stop by the bakery shop and load up on fresh baked goods and apple butter.

Although I've never been there for one of these purposes, it makes a great spot for a conference, retreat, or family reunion.

VeronicaG's Profile Photo

GREAT FAMILY HOTEL IN PA. DUTCH COUNTRY

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on October 25, 2005

Willow Valley Resort and Conference Center is a large child-friendly resort, which is conveniently located near Pennsylvania Dutch Country.

The guest rooms and suites have been recently renovated and there are lots of things for children, such as 3 indoor swimming pools and a new indoor water playground. Family activities are planned, such as bingo and scavenger hunts.

Amenities include spa services and high speed wireless internet.

We arrived after 9pm on one visit and the restaurant was closed, so be aware of this. Willow Valley offers fantastic smorgasbords, golf, tennis and even a free tour of Pennsylvania Dutch country. Check into their KIDS STAY AND EAT FREE PACKAGE!

Unique Quality: GREAT PLACE FOR FAMILIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 Photo of Willow Valley Inn & Suites

Lancaster Travel Forum

Need advice about Lancaster, Pennsylvania? Visit the Travel Forum for Lancaster and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Lancaster hotel reviews

Poor (1.5 out of 5.0) 2 Reviews
Lovelace Manor Bed and Breakfast
Best (5.0 out of 5.0) 1 Review

Explore Deeper into Lancaster
If you love cheese you need to stop here
Lititz PA
Touring Harley Davidson plant in York
Unique shops at Doneckers
Shopping
Did somebody say "sales tax free"?
Central Market
Things to Do
Renningers Antique and Farmers Market (Adamstown)
Middle Creek Wildlife Management Area
More than an Irish Pub
A cool local hangout!
Buggies...especially at certain times
Warnings and Dangers
Route 30 Strip...outlet shopping, restaurants,etc.
Tourist Traps
Local farmer's markets and farm stands
Creative, fresh sandwiches
Hershey Park, Fulton Opera House, Tanger outlet
excellent luch or dinner
Dinner in an Amish home
Things to Do
The Amish culture, surelly a different way of life
Favorites