Willow Valley Inn & Suites

2416 Willow Street Pike, Lancaster, Pennsylvania, 17602, United States

• Willow Valley Resort

Stayed at hotel for two nights (minimum stay for a weekend) and hotel staff was very courteous and friendly. Overall, the food was extremely disappointing and the fruit tasted "spoiled". The hotel was designated "smoke-free", but when we entered our hotel room on arrival we were greeted with a very strong cigarette smell. Interestingly, our reservation report states that a "$150 fee will apply if rooms are smoked in". When we notified the hotel staff of this problem they sent a young man to "spray" the carpet. This did nothing to eliminate the odor. In addition, our used towels were left in the room after our first night stay even though new towels had been brought for our use.
    My family and I would not recommend this hotel to any of our family or friends.

• Terrible! DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY!!!

Upon arrival our room looked decent. Upon further inspection we noticed several dirty and broken items around the room.
    I can list every problem we had but I will only share a few.

The fridge leaked onto the carpet leaving a huge puddle in the mornings

The remote was broken and could only be used close up.

The shower curtain rod was bent, there for the shower curtain would slide to the middle. This provided no privacy and also made for a slippery exit even with 2 towels on the floor.

The iron was broken. It would only work on the highest setting, damaging clothing. The water compartment was also broken.

The filter on the a/c was FILTHY! Not recommended for breathing.

These are only a few problems we had with this room.

Upon checkout I presented the clerk with our list and she told me that she would pass it on......... NOT very likely.

I just made a phone call to the resort and spoke with a " Kelsie" at the front desk. First of all she was extremely unprofessional saying such phrases as " Umm, like I am not sure " And " Like, I don't know what to tell you"

I was given the extensions of the day manager "Tom" and the resort manager " Lisa Sellers" I will be contacting both of these individuals tomorrow to see if I will be able to get a reasonable response.

Buy the way we paid $161 a night and this is the AAA rate. If I would have known how crappy the room was I would have stayed at the Double Tree resort next door for the same rate. AT LEAST HILTON WOULD LISTEN TO THIER CUSTOMER COMPLAINTS!

Unique Quality: NOTHING!

• autumnly's Profile Photo

Peaceful getaway

I've stayed at Willow Valley several times. I was very young the first time (maybe 6-7?) and best remember the duck pond from that visit. More recently my mother and I went for a mother-daughter weekend away. The rooms are lovely and comfortable, there is a great indoor pool area with hot tubs, and the food in the resort restaurant is fantastic. Before you leave, stop by the bakery shop and load up on fresh baked goods and apple butter.

Although I've never been there for one of these purposes, it makes a great spot for a conference, retreat, or family reunion.

• VeronicaG's Profile Photo

GREAT FAMILY HOTEL IN PA. DUTCH COUNTRY

Willow Valley Resort and Conference Center is a large child-friendly resort, which is conveniently located near Pennsylvania Dutch Country.

The guest rooms and suites have been recently renovated and there are lots of things for children, such as 3 indoor swimming pools and a new indoor water playground. Family activities are planned, such as bingo and scavenger hunts.

Amenities include spa services and high speed wireless internet.

We arrived after 9pm on one visit and the restaurant was closed, so be aware of this. Willow Valley offers fantastic smorgasbords, golf, tennis and even a free tour of Pennsylvania Dutch country. Check into their KIDS STAY AND EAT FREE PACKAGE!

Unique Quality: GREAT PLACE FOR FAMILIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

More about Willow Valley Resort & Conference Center

Very Happy to have Chosen Willow Valley Resort for our Family Vacation...

by TripAdvisor Member OverRunWithBoys

Recently stayed at Willow Valley Resort for 4 nights, We are a family of 7 & was SO happy to find a place to allow us to stay in one room, called a "Family Room". My children loved this vacation, want to go back every year now, they loved the Indoor water park & the swimming pool right beside it, the Breakfast Buffett & Supper Smorgesboard were just WONDERFUL- such variety! and we even had these included in our Package price that was VERY VERY Reasonable for a family our size, it was less than $150 a night- had a special email package deal. Had a little Fridge in our room, iron & ironing board, even free laundry service if you had your own soap. The staff at Willow Valley was exceptionally friendly, helpful & curterous. The kids loved feeding the ducks at the large duck pond with a playground near by -before we ate our Breakfast every morning. They enjoyed that as much as the swimming. I must say the Brochures do not do this wonderful place justice - it only shows a fraction of this lovely pond in their brochure--this is also the lovely view you see while dining at their Smorgesboards. We always requested sitting by the large window & everytime they honored our wishes. It is a very large place indeed & pretty confusing to get to different buildings, but we found if you just walk outside- to get to your desired destination, whether a pool, or to eat, or to find the Lobby, it is easy. We missed some of the special things they do with children during the summer, like the Hayride to the Willow Valley Farm - petting Zoo, and the chilren's activities every day (?) during the summer months, but even without that, we loved it. Nice to go when it is off season - so not so crowded. If you have a family and want to EAT good, enjoy a Beautiful view, have a peaceful time at a decent price, I highly recommend this place!

Low-price luxury resort in PA Dutch Country

by espressophile about Doubletree Resort at Willow Valley

Highly recommended! The family ownership combined with all the Doubletree/Hilton amenities makes for a great stay. The restaurant is not an afterthought here -- with the famous smorgasbord and a real bakery on the premises, you won't go hungry. Attractive-looking golf course (I'm not a golfer, but there were certainly other people out there all the time), smallish but very entertaining indoor waterpark for the kids, extremely comfortable beds in spacious suites, and very nice, really warm staff in a great location 3 miles from the center of Lancaster. Lots of info on what to do and see in the area. Beautiful Victorian chapel, saw a lovely wedding while we were here. Free wi-fi everywhere, indoor and outdoor pool, suites (not just rooms), local specialties at the restaurant.

Willow Valley is the best

Willow Valley is the best family destination ever. I felt like a kid again. The children loved it and the food was heavenly. I did not want to come home.

Coolest place to go with kids!

Willow Valley lived up to all our expectations. We could not get the kids out of the new kids waterpark, and even the adults had a blast at the lap pool in the adjacent room. Our room, in the unattached building next door to the pool, had a great view of the duck pond and covered bridge. The kids loved the buffet breakfast and dinner. We highly recommend Willow Valley Resort for families with children.

Recommend Highly!

Just returned after a five-night "Bed and Breakfast" stay at Willow Valley with my wife and eight-year-old daughter; we were very pleased. We had a second-floor room in the "south wing" (detached building), overlooking the duck pond. The accomodations were very nice - very clean and comfortable, and we actually liked being a little distant from the traffic in the "main" buildings. We were using the resort primarily as our "base camp" while taking in the area attractions, and found it to be convenient to all: 15 minutes to Strassburg & Amish country, 10 minutes to Lancaster's "main drag", 45 minutes to Hershey. This is not an all-inclusive in the style of a "Woodloch Pines" - fewer on-sight activites - yet there was enough to provide for a relaxing "down day" during our stay: nice pools, playground, corn maze, farm, arts and crafts - to name a few. As an unexpected bonus, the resort also "comp'ed" us a couple of tickets to Hershey (also had the choice of Dutch Wonderland) - this was not an advertised part of our package; they said it was because we stayed through a Sunday night. We started our Pennsylvania vacation with a couple of nights in Langhorne (Sesame), and ended up adding a night in Hershey; when you compare what we paid in these locations for a standard hotel room with what we paid for the B&B package at Willow Valley, it becomes clear what an excellent value Willow Valley is! We look forward to going back someday (next time with my golf clubs!).

We all loved it!!

We went for a weekend get away with our two small children, we all loved it!! It was our first time there, the food was great, the grounds were beautiful and the kids loved the pools and waterpark. We will be going back real soon!

Comments