Caesars Pocono Palace

Satisfaction Average

More about Caesars Pocono Palace

Always the best

by TripAdvisor Member gerard50

my husband and I just returned from our most recent visit to Caesars Pocono Palace. After many many years of staying at pocono palace, we felt it important to express our pleasure with this resort. Each and evey time, we find the staff professional and friendly, the food delicious and plentiful, the rooms spotless, along with daytime and evening fun filled activities.

We hope other couples can spend their honeymoon or just vacation at Caesars Pocono Palace and become FOREVER LOVERS, just like us.

Setting the record straight

by TripAdvisor Member Girlfriendal

I'm currently planning a trip back to Pocono Palace and was going to hold off on my review till I got back, but after reading some of the reviews already listed here I just had to set the record straight about a few things.
This is a theme resort. They are not making any attempt to hide this fact. Each evening has a social theme, the rooms have themes, the resort has a theme. So I can't even begin to understand why anyone would complain about the decorating stylings of the room. There are numerous pictures available all over the internet taken by both the resort and persons who have visited that show pretty much every crevice of what evey room looks like. In cases when people have found a stain on their furniture or streaks on their mirrors I want them to think for a second - I remember when I was playing around with the beach ball in that little pool in the Fantasy Apple room...there was not one square inch of that room that didn't get wet and streaked with water. And seeing as the wells are mirrors and the ceiling is a see through window to the top floor, I can hardly imagine what a nightmare it must be trying to clean all that - so with that in mind I am extremely impressed they do as good a job as they do. And as far as stains on the furniture, things happen people. Even in the nicest hotels I've been to occasionally a little spot ends up on the rug that simply won't come out. And as they have been advertising heavily, they have begun a renovation process they are doing in steps....so they're on the ball here.
I don't drink hence didn't have the issues others have had with the prices of alcohol, but we picked up my husband's favorite stuff on our way and just popped it in the mini fridge apon arrival. Anytime you have a mini fridge this is the way to go, regardless of location. People mentioned the price of the firelogs - a note for those who get the Fantasy Apple room - you will never use the logs. The entry level of the room has the fireplace and a very small sitting area and tiny little TV. I brought a box of logs and never used one cause we spent all our time either in the bed/whirlpool area where there is a table and chairs, a bigger TV and the entrance to the outdoor balcony, or downstairs in the pool. We took a tour of the other rooms (one of the neat things you can do - but they only show the "upper grade" rooms) and I can see where the placement of the fireplace in other rooms would be more useful and you should bring some firelogs if this is something you want to enjoy. Everyone knows gift shops are incredibly expensive, so you shouldn't be suprised that the one at Pocono Palace is too. And anyone who takes the time to read the information on the resorts website will be able to gather all the information they need to know about the resort - about the group dinners, what activities are available and when under what conditions. They aren't hiding anything from you, you just have to look for it and be responsible for your own planning.
A note about not serving lunch...the trick to learn. Order breakfast in your room early and right toward the end of the buffet breakfast time head on over and fill up....tada! lunch!
And as for the cost of the rooms - tell me people - how many other hotels have pools available in the rooms? They are few and far far between. And in the Carribbean I paid twice as much to have a pool room. The pools in the room remain my #1 reason for loving Pocono Palace and the Caesars Pocono Resorts in general. It is an extreme and special luxury and makes me wish I lived a lot closer than a 5 hour drive away cause I'd go there far far more frequently if I lived closer.
The resort is quite a bit off the beaten path. Just something to keep in mind so you're not expecting to find a Walmart two blocks down the street if you forget your socks.
They have the option of ordering (for a price) little special extras to be delivered to your room. I had a tray of fruit and cheese delivered....it was delicious!! They have many other special little extras as well to choose from.
The included activities are great, cause you can take them or leave them as you choose. No pressure to do anything you don't want to do. Just enjoy yourself. They have a few fun pinball and video games, lots of pool tables, air hockey. We went in the winter...looking forward to going in the summer and enjoying all the outdoor activities on the lake.
The food tasted perfectly fine to me. I was not expecting gourmet - you're never going to get that in a mass group setting like that. Quite yummy though, and I managed to find food every day that I liked and I have an extremely limited diet so that's saying a lot.
The staff was extremely pleasant and efficient. The chemicals in our pool were a bit strong for me and they were quick to adjust the levels (warning for those who dye their hair though....they use some chemical other than chlorine, I forget the name, that made my recently lightened hair a bit on the green side! So you probably want to take care to wash your hair out well after getting out of the pool!) The wait staff was impressive enough that we wrote a special letter complimenting our waiter we requested most evenings.
As far as the ages at the resort - there was a wide range of ages there. But I can't say I saw anyone much over 55. I was 27 and I found the other people and the atmosphere perfectly suitable and enjoyable.
This resort, and it's sister resorts are like little pieces of heaven away from home. And I can't wait to go back. I would and have highly recommended this resort in a heartbeat to anyone.

Over-rated, and over-priced

My husband and i decided to visit the Poconos for the first time to celebrate our 4th anniversary. I always suspected that it would be cheesy, but we heard so much about it, that we decided to visit.

We only stayed one night, as it was just a quick getaway. We arrived early on our first day to get the complimentary breakfast. The breakfast was cold, and not that tasty. Fortunately it got better on day 2, but the menu is always the same. Determined to make the best of the trip, we didn't let that bother us too much. Our rooms were available early (which was good), and immediately after breakfast we were able to check in. We stayed in the Fantasy Apple. From the outside, all the rooms looked run-down and old. The decor on the inside was out-dated, stuck in a "70"s time warp. There was musty, cigarette smell in the room throughout the entire stay. The room was relatively clean, bathroom was clean, a few stains on the sofa...but it was deinitely passed the test. It was kind of dark, and the lighting and color of wall paper really made the room look cheesy.

Lunch at the cafe was terrible. We cancelled our order and went to Wendy's when the lady handling our food was not using gloves.

Dinner, was actually better than i thought. It was simple and filling. Yes you did sit with other couples. We met two nice couples, who were in our age group (20-30). Majority of the people there were in their 40's.

The trip was a little dissappointing. The room had nice amenties like the pool and jacuizzi. But it definitely needs remodelling, and cleaner furniture. The pool was nice, because it was heated. I've been told that The Roman towers are nicer...i guess we chose the wrong room.

The activities were fun. We enjoyed the bike riding, ping pong, pool etc. The fresh air was great, and grounds on the property were well kept. The hotel decor just needs to be modernized a little.

It's a nice getaway, and it seems like a lot of people love this place. Different strokes for different folks. For me it was just O.K.

Dont do it you will waste your money.

My fiancee decided to take a romatic trip for the weekend NOT. They say that it is a Palace I did'nt see that. The outside of rooms look like port-a-potty's. I website is very deciving. I thought that it was going to be a nice place with lots of things to do. We were very wrong. I really think that they need to come down on the prices considering the condition of the place. We stayed in the Fantsy Apple which I learned from talking to others, must be one of the nicer rooms next to the newChampangne Towers. I thought our room was dirty the moment that I walked in. I smelled like mold and mildew. The sofas were dirty along witht the carpet. I went to check out the bed and of course I would find stains on the sheets. I went to the front desk to tell them what happened, they took care of it and left a bottle of cheap champange for us, that didnt impress me at all The pool and the rest of the room appeared to be ok. I dont think that housekeeping does much of anything there. They give you new towels and change the sheets. The rest of the trailer park sucked there was nothing to do I hate being put on a schedule which we were certain things would end and certain times. For all the money that we paid we should have been able to do what we wanted, when we wanted. The food suck and the night club was no better with their high priced drinks. The whole place reminds me of the 70's and it is not worth the money. Dont do it. There is nothing to do in that town. The best part of the trip was being with the person that I love and going to vist bushkill falls that about it.

in need of modern renovations!!

by TripAdvisor Member nee

we stayed here only after friends had told us to just book a hotel suite elsewhere. i was disappointed from the moment i saw the so called jacuzzi suite. the dinner was ok, food was good but very hard to enjoy when you are sitting with 4 other strangers who are just as uncomfortable as you are.
my hubby and i made the best of it, we ended up driving to a late night movie in east stroudsburg...that was nice. we ended up taking great pictures on the lake and eating breakfast inside. would not recommend this resort.. it is in need of renovations!!

Comments