Holiday Inn Harrisburg West

Orbitz.com Booking.com Travelocity

Satisfaction Average

More about Holiday Inn Harrisburg West

A Big Disappointment

We were really disappointed with this hotel. We booked through Hotwire and paid a premium price for what Hotwire described as a three-star hotel. We would have been better off at the Motel 6 or other economy place. The room was old and musty and the property in general was on the run-down side. The place needs a big investment to return to decent shape. It was "terrible" for the money and not a three-star property. Shame on Hotwire. Usually I use Priceline and am quite satisfied. I did so on my last stay and Priceline gave us the Wyndham Garden, which Priceline called 2.5 star. It was vastly superior to the Holiday Inn and cost less. This was my first and last use of Hotwire.

the worst hotel i ever stayed

by TripAdvisor Member deathtaco9000

i went into the room and there were no towels, soap, toilet paper, tissues. i stopped one of the housekeepers and her name was Mechelle and she was very rude to me. she said i had to wait 2 hours for my towels. that night still having no towels i called housekeeping and they were still rude to me.... all i wanted to do was take a shower i had to go across the street to the old country buffet to use the bathroom.... they had very good service and toilet paper.... if only the hotel was this way. i would not recommend this hotel to ANYONE. The price was outrages for such bad rooms and service.

Won't be staying there again...

by TripAdvisor Member JH1FootballMom

We chose a 3-start hotel through Hotwire and ended up at this Holiday Inn. Although hotel staff were friendly and professional, the hotel room was a big disappointment. The bathtub was badly stained, and it was noisy outside (lots of people leaving the hotel bar, I'd guess). The worst part was what sounded like a leaky pipe in the walls or ceiling that made a dripping/clanking noise periodically the entire night. I think this is a 2-star hotel at best, and hope that Hotwire will adjust the rating for other travelers in the future.

Staff is really trying to improve

by TripAdvisor Member allyboo

Stayed here after booking through Hotwire which listed it as a 3-star hotel. The rooms are small for a 3-star hotel. When my husband sat in the desk chair, we had to crawl over the bed to access the bathroom.

The staff really did their utmost to ensure our stay was great. They booked us in early, spent time telling our children about the pools and golf course and later called our room to ask if we needed anything. We asked for a fan (white noise to cut husband's snoring). The desk manager said he would see if he could find one and the desk manager himself brought it to our room within 10 minutes.

The coverlet on the one bed had some dog hair on the bottom half (I'm going to assume it was dog hair because I can't face it otherwise) but other than that, the room was clean.

PROS:
Excellent, friendly staff
Nice pools
Wooded picnic area
Miniature golf course
Bar/club with sand volleyball
Easy access to highway
Free Wi-Fi

CONS:
Size of rooms
Bathrooms need updating
Room needed a little more cleaning

I'd give it 4 stars except for the room size and the dog hair issue. The maid should have caught that.

Surprisingly satisfactory considering.

by TripAdvisor Member tcbphd

This is an old property with outside corridors. I was ready for bad news inside the rooms as well. What I found instead was that my room was immaculate and updated (considering the restrictions of the outside corridors). A refrigerator and microwave, nice bed and linens. Most importantly was that the staff was amazing. When I pulled up to the property in the middle of the night someone insisted on following me to the outmost room (where I was to be located) in order to take my luggage up the stairs and to my room. The staff was friendly and went out of their way to please me. When I had a problem with the room they insisted on fixing it immediately although there was no urgency of time. It is delightful to find that kind of customer service.

Decent place for family Hershey visit

by TripAdvisor Member pingpongs_alias

The hotel staff was very friendly. There is an indoor and outdoor pool and a mini golf course for the kids. The restaurant was adequate and the kids had a booth with their own TV. Best of all, the kids meals were free. The rooms were clean enough. It took about 25 minutes to get to Hershey. Local restaurants were plenty, and there is a movie theatre real close by for rainy days.

This place is GREAT

by TripAdvisor Member onehotgecko

This is one of the nicest Holiday Inn I have ever stayed at.
The outside deck area, is so nice. It's hard to believe you
are in Pennsylvania. Even on a cool night, the fire pits, and heaters made you feel like you were in the Keys. We even talked briefly with the manager and he was very nice and helpful. The room was clean and very comfortable. I highly recomend this place !

Hmmm - i don't think I'd come back!

by TripAdvisor Member JamesG_uk

The room we had initially was 1227. On the surface, it appeared to be in good condition. Although it was a little dark, the bathroom and bed looked clean. However, upon close inspection, we ended up having to leave this room. The bedspread was not clean at all. In fact, it smelt. It smelt of urine. I believe it to be animal urine, but it is hard to tell. The smell had drifted on the white sheets below and I immediately returned to the reception desk to ask to swap rooms. At first, reception suggested that we get a new bedspread, but when we explained that would not solve the problem, we swapped rooms to 2233.

Room 2233 was in much better condition. It came with a walk-in jacuzzi right in the middle of the floor of the bedroom. It must be one of the suites. Things appeared to be clean although the toilet was dirty with a ring of scum around the watermark area. The bathroom door was also hard to open and it kept sticking to the floor. It needed a good push in order to completely open the door. The rest of the room was in good condition with everything clean and dust free. The only slight problem was with the air-conditioning unit. I decided to put on the heat because it was a chilly evening. No sooner had a flipped the switch to heat, there was the incredible smell of burning. It was as though a fire had started in the room. I immediately turned the heater off. There is clearly a fault with this and I decided to forgo the heating in the room.

The bedding was in excellent condition overall. The sheets, pillows and blankets were clean and crisp too. The mattress was firm without sagging and did not make a noise of any kind. The only slight error was with the bed skirt which runs along the bottom of the bed. This was totally creased and needed a good iron to straighten it out.

The business center appeared to be in good working order. The computers were both connected to the internet and were working fine. Upon calling the technical support number, I had to hold for several minutes before an agent picked up. Using the internet in the room itself was okay but it was not particularly reliable. The speed often varied and the internet would run slow for no apparent reason.

Nightmare Weekend

by TripAdvisor Member DarwinPA

We stayed for a soccer tournament and the rooms are all outside entry rooms and they were very noisy. The walking deck bounced every time someone walked past your room so much that it vibrated into the room. The rooms were very average and cramped. They hotel advertised a "Pig Roast" for $14.95 which seemed like a good deal. The problem was there was no roast pig! They had pork BBQ, burgers, chicken and dogs. Since you had to buy your tickets at the front desk we just ate there anyway. Then the hotel charged us for rooms that were cancelled;. After booking 30 plus room nights of business for this hotel and to be treated the way we were they obviously are only interested in revenue and not the customer experience.

We will not be back and will recommned other hotels that treat cusotmers well to all future teams going to the Dillsburg soccer tournament!

Good Value Stay near Hershey

by TripAdvisor Member lovetravelingalot

This is a family friendly hotel that is dated but was still a great value. The helpfull staff and amenities make up for it being a older hotel. Would stay again.

Comments