Cliff Park Inn

RR 2 BOX 8662, Milford, PA 18337

Good For No Data
  • Horrible Food - Nice Rooms and Grounds

Don't bother eating dinner here, the food was horrendous. Seriously, the dinner we had at Cliff Park Inn was one of the worst we’ve had in a long time. We stayed at the inn for a few nights and opted to skip the "special package" deals where your dinners are included in the price of your stay and we were so glad that we did. We ate dinner at the inn restaurant on the last night of our stay and wow, the food was absolutely horrible. I ordered my steak rare and it came back burnt to a crisp. She had the pork and it was overdone, dry, flavorless and had the texture of rubber. Our vegetables were steamed or blanched into a soggy oblivion. The baby potatoes tasted like they were leftover from breakfast and had been reheated in the microwave. The worst part of the meal was the price, $75 (not including tip). Now, what really bothers me is when subpar eating establishments charge ridiculously high prices for subpar food. It drives me crazy. This meal should have been $30, maybe $45 max. I have no problem eating subpar food at a bar or diner when I know that the price they are charging me will reflect the quality of the food that they are serving. But here, this place is getting away with highway robbery. Don't waste your time or money eating here, you will only be disappointed. Take my advice, if you want good food while you're in Milford, go to the Delmonico Room or Bar Luis, which are both at the Hotel Fauchere in downtown Milford. We ate there our first night in town and the food was fantastic and on a completely different level than the food at Cliff Park. You’ll pay more at Hotel Fauchere, but it’s worth it.

Beside the food, Cliff Park was a pretty nice place. The grounds were well kept and the rooms were clean and cozy. The staff was friendly and accommodating. The wireless internet connection was really bad. My girlfriend and I both brought our laptops and we had horrible signals throughout the property. I actually had to do some work while I was here and this was a big hindrance. My favorite part about Cliff Park was the abundance of hiking trails on and near the property. The view from lookout #3 was impressive, especially with all of the fall foliage.

Final verdict: Stay here but don't eat here. This place has the potential to be a classy destination with its picturesque setting and charming atmosphere. It never will be as long as it continues to serve bad food. Get a clue Cliff Park and fix the issues with your restaurant and you could be stellar. Either that, or charge less for your meals.

Comments