401 Broad Street, Milford, Pennsylvania, 18337, United States
Booking.com Travelocity Jetsetter.com

More about Milford

The View from Grey Gardens, Milford, PA, 04/09The View from Grey Gardens, Milford, PA, 04/09

von.otter at Grey Gardens, Milford, PA, 04/09von.otter at Grey Gardens, Milford, PA, 04/09

Milford Historic Sign, Route 6, April 2009Milford Historic Sign, Route 6, April 2009

The letter boxThe letter box

Travel Tips for Milford

SMALL TOWN LARGE HISTORICAL SIGNIFICANCE

by moiraistyx

On my way to Bushkill Falls, I drove through this quaint little town of Milford, Pennsylvania. As I drove through I knew I would have to stop on my way back to check out a historical marker or two. I am so glad that I did. Being a conservationist, I came across the mansion of Gifford Pinchot, the man who started the National Forestry Service in the United States. It was a memorable trip for one and all.

I managed to drag Richie and Patrick here on a warm fall day in 2009. Both of them loved touring the grounds and checking out all the wonderful stone work and landscaping. Patrick was excited that there was a graveyard to visit, but quickly got creeped out and couldn't wait to get on with the tour. Watch your step while in the graveyard there was lots of deer poop.

Comments