Route 940, Mount Pocono, Pennsylvania, 18344, United States

Expedia.com Hotels.com Booking.com

• Okay trip

Stayed at Caesars Paradise Stream in June 2006, our original reservations were for Caesars Brookdale. When we arrived at Brookdale, the roads were flooded and the power was out due to recent heavy rains. We asked about being moved to one of the other resorts and were told we could switch to Paradise Stream. Upon arriving at Paradise Stream, we were given upgraded rooms and coupons to use for champagne, bubble bath and fire logs. The upgraded rooms were Champange Towers which were quite an upgrade, since our rooms at Brookdale were just basic rooms. Overall our stay was wonderful, except for the food it was not that great. Entertaiment in the nightclub was exceptional ( Josette Miles). I have stayed at Caesars Cove Haven previously and the food there was excellent. Unless the food situation is changed at Paradise Stream, I would not recommend staying there. The rooms are great, the service is excellent and entertainment is exceptional.

More about Caesars Paradise Stream

Our Wonderful, Romantic Honeymoon Vacation"

My husaband and I Spent our first fews days as husnabd and wife in the lovely Cahmpagne Towers of Cleopatra suite on the beautful resort of Paradise stream. It was truly Paradise! We were treated like royalty. We, paddle boated, swam, meet alot of great couples, shopped and enjoyed great food and enjoyed the activites....all on the resort!!!! All inclusive. We even paid in installments. How often do you find that??? It was also very affordable for a newlywed cople starting out. We will never forget the great times we had. We have been back since.....

A great time

My Wife and I just recently returned from a weekend getaway at caesars paradise stream. We had a wonderfull time. The resort had just reopened after being remodeled. The food was excellent and the service was very good. We stayed in "the garden of eden apple" a very nice suite with a large TV nice jacuzzi, a heated pool in room and Bose surround sound dvd and cd player. We enjoyed the fireplace and that we could set the heat in the room to our comfort level. We are not big on the activities and lounge scene at resorts but you can keep busy if thats your thing. We enjoyed shopping and visiting antique shops in the area.We find caesars to be a great stress reducer for both of us and are looking forward to a spring weekend when our schedules permit it. CJ & JC

Great Trip

We just returned from a six night stay at Paradise Stream. We had not been to the resort for a few years and not since the flood happened. Our arrival was excellent. We were upgraded to the Champagne Towers and we only had to wait about 45 minutes for our room to be ready. The new main lobby, dining hall, night club was fantastic. The dinner menu now offers around nine different choices for each night. All meals are now sit down and not buffet. Miss the breakfeast buffet. However breakfeast was still awesome. Service was excellent at every meal. Much improved from previous visits. We met a bunch of great couples at dinner and breakfeast. Everyone was extremely friendly and it was fun interacting. We also sat by ourselves one night for dinner. The nigh club is now smoke free which is good for me because I have alot of allergies.

The activites were pretty good. Horse racing, bingo, newly wed game, etc. Merle is a great social director and Reika is ok. The bartender Shadz was great. We saw a bunch of bands our favorites were Group D'Jour, Anonymous, and Josette Myles.

Alcoholic drinks were very expensive you can spend some serious money.

Overall our trip was great. I cannot really think of anything negative to say. It was an expensive trip but we enjoyed it. Normally we go to Cove Haven but our last trip there was awful. We were glad we went back to Paradise Stream.

Horror Show

My fiance and I stayed at the Caesars's Paradise Stream because the customer service rep. for Caesar's told us that P.S. has been totally renovated and renewed - so it's going to be a blast. When we arrived at the resort, the reception area looked great. However when we arrived to our room, which was, the most expensive room in Caesar's - the Cleopatra's Tower, the cleanliness was heartbreaking. Nothing was renovated. It was old, dusty and sticky. As a matter of fact, there were spider webs and blinking neon lights in the bathroom, the outdated TV's were covered with layers of dust, everything was sticky and stained. The bedcover looked so old, it gave us goosebumps. We requested a room change. Not to our surprise, the room we got was exactly the same. We even found disgusting hair in the famous shampagne tower. The room was a horror. The lighting at night was very limited outside our room, which was pretty far from the dining and reception area. The food was horrible. It was disgusting. It was the worst food I've ever had in my life. The New Years Party , the party for which we've been waiting for, was a joke. The dancefloor was tiny, the waitresses were not serving drinks - we had to wait an hour before a hostess came back with our drink, there was no shampagne included for toast, and the midnight buffett was a laugh. The food in the buffett was undercooked, limited, and was "unedible". The game room, which is so advertised on the website had couple of games, but was also limited in equipment and you had to pay to play.
There was nothing good about this resort, we are terribly disappointed and we are not recommending this place to noone. It was a horror show.

Lover's Paradise is Correct!

by TripAdvisor Member marieco12

Some of the reviews had us nervous about our first visit, but we had a great time. Our own pool, sauna, jacuzzi, and NO KIDS! How can you not enjoy that? We stayed in one of the Eve's Apple suites. Our suite was very clean, everything worked, and we absolutely loved the pool and sauna. They offered us a free upgrade to the Champagne Towers because of outdoor construction scheduled for early am on our day of departure, but we were too pleased with our room (and we're early risers anyway).

Minuses for me: Seating during dinner. The people we sat with were very nice, but sometimes it's WORK to make conversation and pleasantries. And we just wanted to relax and be together. But it worked out OK, mainly because our dinner mates were interesting. They wouldn't allow you to get dessert "to go" to bring back to your room, which I thought was ridiculous. We also weren't allowed to bring our own bottle of wine to have with dinner (which was better than anything they offered) and I think they could have allowed that given the money we were paying to stay there. Breakfast-in-bed was limited to a choice of scrambled eggs, pancakes, cereal, or French Toast, and a croissant as the only bread option. I really like rye toast, and prefer a fried eggs or an omelet, but didn't feel like eating in the dining room, so I was stuck with scrambled eggs. Luckily I was starved so it wasn't a big deal, although I was disappointed with my "sausage" serving of one lone link. And the croissant was on top of my eggs, so it was soggy.

Pluses: Our room, our room, and our room. Private, quiet, secluded near the woods, and very clean. The weather cooperated by staying too cold (low teens) for us to feel like we should be out doing something like horseback riding or skiing. So, we hunkered down with movies, champagne and wine, and enjoyed our jacuzzi, sauna and pool. Wonderful. The main building with the dining room and bar was also very nicely re-done. Everything was new, clean and much more tasteful than I imagine the old style was. Nice big fireplace in the main dining room too. The food was also VERY good. We had lobster tails (nice and big) for dinner on Saturday, and then we ordered NY Strip Steaks for our own version of Surf n Turf. Everything cooked to order and delicious. Only drawback was that even though you could order as much as you wanted, they made you eat one thing first before you ordered the next, so I wasn't able to enjoy the Surf-n-Turf together. I thought that was stupid. Prime rib on Sunday was also large and very tasty. Desserts were sublime.

Horseback riding is right next door, but it was just too cold. Great outlet stores are only 10 minutes away and we did some shopping Sunday morning, but again it just got too cold even going from store to store. And we hated to be out of our room for very long.

The resort is a bit odd. It leaves you feeling that they ALMOST got it right. Re-do the suites to be a little less tacky, replace the VCR players with DVD, provide more service and flexibility during dinner, upgrade the breakfast-in-bed option to the full breakfast menu instead of just a few choices, and they'll be closer to a four-star hotel. My advice to management is to focus less on stupid games and activities, and more on four-star service.

Also, don't go for the activities that the resort offers (at least in the winter). We walked through the building with the health club, indoor basketball, cafe, indoor pool & hot tubs, and arcade, but were mostly unimpressed, although we might have had lunch at the cafe there on Sunday if we had known about it, and maybe played ping-pong or shot a game of pool. Summer may be better with the outside pool and lake, but this part of the resort definitely needs to be updated (the pool especially looked old).

Suggestions: Bring your own booze (and glasses), music, movies, DVD player and pillows (having your own pillow makes such a difference, probably similar to bringing your teddy bear). Bring snacks. Also, since we had the heat cranked up, it really helps to leave the jacuzzi full of water -- it adds moisture to the air in the room and makes it more comfortable.

Bottom line for me? If you want to spend some alone time with your partner in a place that's unique, romantic, sensual and private, THIS IS IT. Focus on that and you can't go wrong. And if the management ever gets their act together, this could be a top-rated resort.

Comments