353 Lewisberry Rd, New Cumberland, PA 17070
Good (3.0 out of 5.0) 1 review

Tags

Budget Travel Road Trip
See Amenities

OK Hotel, but need to fix bedbug problem

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on August 23, 2011

Arrived late at night on a cross country drive. I was moving from Philly, and delays in the rental truck made me leave much later than I planned. It was midnight and I needed to get off the road, driving a 21' Uhaul with my car towed behind it, though, there are few places I could park.

This hotel has a great facility, lots of rooms, a pool, and most importantly to me TRUCK LOT! The staff was great even that late at night, came in about one, and went to sleep.

Decor was a little shabby, looked like it hadn't been updated in a while. It was late, so I only took a small bag in, and (having had problems other places before) threw my bag in the bathtub out of paranoia, went right to sleep.

Woke up in the middle of the night with an itch, turned on the light quick, and threw the covers off, and caught a full bedbug leaving from under my pillow. Squished it, and left quite the blood streak.

Me and my fiance had a bedbug problem in December last year, so I'm more than familiar with them. Three in the morning, well, just went back to sleep, my bags were in the truck or the bathtub (too slick for them to climb in really), so what else to do?

Next morning I did an inspection, blood spots, feces, shed skins, didn't find any live ones, but I did see one last night. One night later, welts all over my legs and arms.

On bedbug registry, another user posted a report from two days previously IN THE ROOM NEXT DOOR TO MINE. They definitely have bugs.

This was 8/11, and I did call the hotel management. They are having an exterminator look at the whole floor. I hope they take it seriously.

Bedbugs are all over, and it is seldom the fault of the establishment, nothing to do with hygiene, for instance. I do think this place may be harder to clean as their mattresses are not brand new, and have some rips, and their fixtures and stuff are a little old.

If you stay here, particularly on the first floor (I was in room 117, the other report was 115) I'd suggest you take some precautions.

I needed a place to stay, bedbugs happen, and I'm not freaked out by being a meal. Luckily I know enough to protect my stuff so I didn't bring some new friends with me. But this was a serious infestation, more so that the one that took us a couple thousand dollars to get rid of when my fiance and I had a problem.

Be warned.

Unique Quality: Truck parking, great if you are towing, or driving a rental truck
Nice Pool
Staff great at dealing with late night arrivals

Directions: Just off 76 E, simple to find

• Suites
  • Continental Breakfast
  • Free High Speed Internet

New Cumberland Travel Forum

Need advice about New Cumberland, Pennsylvania? Visit the Travel Forum for New Cumberland and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest New Cumberland hotel reviews