518 Lurgan Rd., New Hope, Pennsylvania, 18938, United States

More about The Inn at Bowman's Hill

World Class Elegance

by TripAdvisor Member PA_Traveler_7

We wanted to spend New Year's Eve in a quiet, romantic, first class bed and breakfast -- a weekend of complete pampering and relaxation. We knew that Bucks County is one of the most refined, historic areas in the country; The Inn at Bowman's Hill provided us with the perfect venue to appreciate it. From the delicious breakfasts served in our room, to the beautiful grounds, well-appointed, immaculate rooms, and superior service, you will do yourself a favor by choosing the Inn for a very special getaway for two!

An amazing retreat!

by TripAdvisor Member cosmosmama

My husband and I decided to take a last minute winter mini-vacation and searched for someplace upscale, cozy, and within driving distance of the Washington DC area. We had no idea how wonderful our stay at the inn in New Hope! Every aspect of our stay was romantic, comfortable, and relaxed. The owners of the inn set the tone for the establishment and are very involved in running the inn from the premises (the inn used to be their family home and they still live in a portion of the main building). They are always courteous, helpful, and maintain the pampered and luxurious environment for guests by going the extra mile. They have also managed to make the inn a casual and comfortable place to stay. We wore jeans and sweaters to breakfast and never felt out of place. We asked for a casual restaurant with vegetarian options and the owner made a few phone calls and sent us to just the kind of place we were looking for. The owners also allow you to define the kind of relationship you want to have with them--if you are afraid of the B&B experience because you don't want to be trapped in a conversation with the hosts, don't fear this place--they will "leave you alone" (while still treating you like an honored guest) if you want to get away and be alone together, but if you initiate conversation with them they will gladly share their story with you. From DVDs and hot chocolate in bed to the great breakfasts and the fabulous 2-person tub, it was a fantastic place to stay. The beds are incredibly comfortable, the gas fireplace to heat the room was a nice touch, and the decor is beautiful and a modernized and stylish version of typical B&B style. We highly recommend this to couples of all ages for any special occasion (including honeymoons or just after wedding mini-moons if you are delaying your honeymoon). The town is also a very quaint place with lots of local shops and antique stores and there seems to plenty to do in any season.

Surpassed my expecetations

This was me and my fiances' first Bed and Breakfast experience, and it was unforgettable. After just one day spent at the Inn we were already planning our next stay there. We arrived in the evening and the owner Lynne came out to greet us and help us with our things. (we were both thinking... What a warm welcome). Lynne made us feel very comfortable by showing us where breakfast was served and then taking us to our breath taking room. The colors alone were so cozy and inviting, the whole ambience was very romantic. Through our stay Lynne made us feel so comfortable and was there for any and everything we needed.
Her constant smile reminded us that this was what she truly enjoyed doing. The grounds and location of the Inn is truly picturesque, even in early March.
I can only imaging the how everything looks in bloom. This was a total escape from reality for us and there is so many wonderfully beautiful features at the Inn you just need to see them for yourselves!

The most Romantic place in Pennsylvannia

by TripAdvisor Member BPSWorldExplorer

This is a Three step review:
Step One - Be in love
Step Two - Want to celebrate it in a really special way
Step Three - Enter the web site to the Inn at Bowmans Hill

Included below is the note I wrote to our hosts soon after our return home. Hope you get the opportunity to enjoy this beautiful place as well.

Hi guys,
Just wanted to say thanks for the splendid and magical time we spent at the inn on Thursday and Friday. The place itself is spectacular but the care that you all put into having our time with you be a magical memory for the keeping was beyond the imagined and left us feeling that we could not have topped this if we tried. We are still buzzing from it.
Thanks for assisting with the special arrangements that our family asked of you as well. We are truly amazed at the intention and care that was involved in making this anniversary so wonderful and unforgettable.
Our late evening spent in the hot tub will go down as THE most special way to cap the delicious dinner evening at the Phillips Inn Restaurant and the breakfast in our suite was a precious way to begin the next decade together.
If I haven't said it enough already…
Thanks a million!!

Very Special

by TripAdvisor Member MegBlue

My husband and I visited in April 2006 and had a wonderful time. Lynn and Mike (the owners)obviously have an attention for detail that pays off for anyone lucky enough to visit. We loved the beds, the bath, the breakfast. We're already hoping to get back when the weather is a little warmer and we can take advantage of the gorgeous grounds and pool!
We travel fairly often and have stayed at many b&bs ... but the Inn at Bowman's Hill is truly special.

Absolutely Fabulous

We stayed at the beautiful Inn at Bowman's Hill during the weekend of April 21, 2006. Our time there was marvelous. This trip all started with the notion to find the perfect place to ask my long-time girlfriend to marry me. Lynne and Mike, the married couple who own the property, were charming hosts.

The Room
We stayed in the "Fountain View" room, which was very cozy. Their attention to detail was highly noticeable with all of the amenities, which included a faux-featherbed and faux feather pillows (you can also have authentic down pillows and bedding, but I am allergic to down, so Lynne switched them for me). There was a gas fireplace, flat screen TV, DVD player and many more… The amenities in the bathroom were outstanding, which include a huge bathtub, a glassed-in shower, and heated towel racks to name a few. The Inn has all the comfort of a luxurious B&B.

The Specialty Service
After considering many options, I happened upon their website, and soon called to find out more information. Lynne was my accomplice from the minute I mentioned my intentions with this weekend getaway. I will not give you the details (I’ll let Lynne do that), but I would like to say that she was extremely accessible in every way, and completely accommodating. She made this engagement as fun and exciting than it ever could be.

Other notables on the service…
Lynne insisted on making us reservations to a few top-notch restaurants, as well as a nail salon for the day after my proposal (so my new fiancé would have nice nails to show off her new ring!)

I was also impressed that Lynne and Mike called me before our stay, from a B&B conference in Arizona to go over the details of my weekend, since I had so many personal requests.

We will surely stay at The Inn again for many years to come.

The absolute best accomodations available.

by TripAdvisor Member Saturday

Only time & space limit my ability to list all the wonderful things about this inn. We travel extensively and are very, very particular. The architectural details, European ambiance, and endless attention to miniscule comfort details are too many to mention here. The only thing which would prevent direct comparison to Relais & Chateaux properties at which we have stayed in Europe is the patina that only time can bestow. The landscaping is already gorgeous, with vines and wisteria trained to grow along numerous trellises and pergolas, water features everywhere (four I can think of offhand), and a conservatory filled with orchids. If you want more or better, you'll have to make a reservation at the Villa Gallici. This may be the best the mid-Atlantic has to offer. Inn at Little Washington - be afraid!

A wonderderful anniversary weekend!

My husband and I just returned from a weekend at this Inn to celebrate our anniversary. My husband had never been to New Hope or to a Bed and Breakfast and didn't think it would be his cup of tea. He was the first to say he wants to come back, often! From the moment we arrived, everything was perfect. The grounds are amazing, we had champagne, roses and chocolate covered strawberries waiting for us in our lovely room. What a treat! The room was immaculate and so cozy. I travel a lot for my job and am used to your typical "hotel" room. This was such a relaxing place to be. The decor was lovely and the bathroom was very clean. The jacuzzi tub for two was a fun treat. Our hosts made dinner reservations for us at a romantic nearby restaurant for dinner on Saturday evening and on Friday evening we enjoyed the town of New Hope, listened to live music etc. New Hope is a lovely town with lots to do but I would not stay anywhere else but this Inn. It is just far enough from town but close eough to hop in the car for a quick drive. The innkeepers do a wonderful job making you feel at home but never being intrusive. We felt very relaxed and pamered. The breakfasts were huge and delicious. We even enjoyed it on our private balcony on the first morning. This is a first class establishment and we can't wait to come back!!!

Fabulous!

My boyfriend and I just returned from a wonderful weekend at the Inn at Bowman's Hill! Needless to say the Inn is not only beautiful and romantic, its exceptional in every aspect! It far exceeded our expectations! Our hosts, Lynn and Mike were very helpful and made us feel at home! It was a lovely experience for us. The Innkeepers have much to be proud of! We will certainly return and hope to share many more memories at this fine establishment! We can't say enough good things about the grounds, our hosts, the room, the breakfast, the cleanliness and that comfy bed! Outstanding!!

Amazing!!

My wife and I went there to celebrate our first anniversary. We stayed at the Manor Suite on the weekend of June 2nd.

Mike and Lynn are amazing, the food was so great (better than any brunch you'll get at a restaurant), the place is beautiful - so beautiful that we didn't mind it was raining. The Manor Suite had an awesome bathroom (11 shower heads...) and if you like to watch some sports, there isn't a better way doing it than watching it on the LCD screen while in the jacuzzi (yeah I know...you are not supposed to watch the NBA on your first anniversary).

New Hope is a nice town, lots of great restaurants and live music but who wants to go downtown when you can stay around Bowman's??

a great getaway, especially for the city folks that can use some green in their life. We thought it was a little pricey when I made the reservation but after I saw how much they invested in the place I realized it's worth every penny.

We will definitely go again!

Comments