21 Juniper Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, 19107, United States

Booking.com Expedia.com Orbitz.com

Costs 36% more than similarly rated 3 star hotels

• Perfect location; best value for $$$!!

I could not have selected a more perfect hotel for our recent stay: 6/28 - 7/3. SEPTA train from AP costs $7 and delivers you to Market East Station..1/2 block from the hotel. Actually served by three lines....walking distance to famous Reading Terminal Market; Chinatown (yummm); PA Convention Center; the Old Historic District; and Philly's 3 main streets: Arch, Market and Broad. Catch the Philly Phlash Trolley and sightseeing buses/trolleys nearby too. The rooms are are new and very nice...probably the best city center hotel we've ever gotten in the major U.S. cities of Chicago, Boston, D.C., NYC, etc. Staff is super friendly and helpful...extended our checkout by 2 hours too. Very, very pleasant stay....no complaints whatsoever! Go there and use www.priceline.com

Bobby

Unique Quality: Beautifully renewed City Hall Annex recalls a bygone era of elegance. Many private parties use this stately location; people inPhilly still like to dress up in tuxes and gowns to come here. Great views from some of the rooms. Enhanced security feastures are good too: security card keys are needed to get to your floor and the lobby doors are locked at 11 PM and the security card keys are required for entry. USA Today paper each AM....free iced tea inthe lobby. Don't pass up this bargain and perfect location for your Philly stay!!!

Directions: Market East Station on SEPTA from AP

• Downtown Elegance at a Reasonable Price

We stayed the weekend at the Marriott Courtyard Downtown location and I have to admit that I was pleasantly surprised by it. We stayed here on Marriott points, and of course a free hotel is always great, but I was really expecting something much less elegant than it actually turned out to be. This property is nothing like any of Marriott's other Courtyards which all look the same inside and out and evoke a sense of "chain-ness". This hotel is built inside of the old City Hall Annex, a gorgeous, gothic-style stone high rise across from City Hall and the Masonic Temple.

Unique Quality: The views of the city from this hotel were stunning and it's location was perfect, within walking distance of most of Philadelphia's historic attractions, many restaurants, the shopping and financial districts, and at least 3 subway stations. The hotel has a bar which serves meals, a restaurant, several meeting and banquet facilities, and a small pool and hot tub area with exercise equipment.

My only complaint is that the rooms were somewhat sparse (no bathrobes, no conditioner), but that is just me being a princessy pain in the you-know-what. They actually have everything that anyone would need.

Directions: Next to City Hall

More about Courtyard Philadelphia Downtown

Pretty Good

by TripAdvisor Member Julkd1

The CourtYard Marriott is a nice hotel. The hotel is located next to serveral resturants (Chili's, Maggiano's, and a deli), Readers Market and the Convetion Center. Also is very close to the Gallery. The serice is good and the rooms are clean. Not too bad...

Very Happy!

by TripAdvisor Member dfctrip

'Stayed here on the weekend with my husband for a romantic escape.
We were very pleased with the friendly desk staff, the cleanliness of the room, the indoor pool and spa, and with the location. We booked through Marriott and got a rate of $139.00 for a King Standard. For this money, in a city, we feel that this hotel was indeed a very fine choice.
Also, you've gotta love the proximity to the Reading Terminal Market, which is a farmer's market extraordinaire! We had breakfast at the "Dutch Eating Place" in the Market and it was bountiful and delicious! No regrets staying at the Courtyard Marriott Downtown!

Gross courtyard

I stayed 4 nights at this hotel, and the room itself was not clean properly, carpet very used and old. and there was an old stain of excrement on the wall! I am not kidding! needless to say the customer service people were the worst and they don't even try to suggest a place or even say " Welcome to Philadelphia/ our hotel, etc..."the food was boring and the only good thing is that they have a fitness club and a washer and dryer. even with that the place is plain filthy and old. (needs renovation big time!)

i can't believe this hotel is rated as number 4 in this city, crowne plaza is ten times better! cleaner and they know how to treat a guest.

Spartan but efficient

by TripAdvisor Member The_Sherriff

I stayed here for a convention. The rooms are plain and simply furnished by comparison with the overstuffed standards of some US chains. Personally, this Spartan approach is more to my taste but it might not suit everyone. The rooms were clean and quiet, so quiet that I slept through a thunderstorm that made the breakfast TV news the next day. I had some trouble controlling the AC, but that may just have been inexperience. As Marriott's second-tier brand, this doesn't have quite the lavish infrastructure of the Marriotts proper, but this leaves much more scope to explore the options around - and Philly is full of these, although locating breakfast on a Sunday morning in this neighbourhood was more of a challenge than I would have liked. The building also has more architectural interest than your average chain. Staff were friendly and helpful.

Would choose Courtyard again

by TripAdvisor Member mmm5555

Stayed a Friday and Saturday night, so got a good weekend price. Way less expensive than competing hotels, and as long as you can do without the "oohs" and "aahs" of places like the Four Seasons or Ritz-Carlton, this place definitely is worth the price. Nice lobby, quick and efficient check-in and clean, well-decorated rooms with comfortable beds. Didn't eat in any hotel restaurants, so no comments there. One word of warning, though -- do NOT use the valet parking service. You can self-park in the same garage that the valets use (corner of Filbert and 13th) for $8 less per night. And you don't have to worry about some Nascar driver wanna-be abusing your vehicle (which we witnessed more than one).

Excellent Stay

by TripAdvisor Member Neuenburg

I stayed in the Courtyard Marriott for a conference in early November. I was very suprised by this hotel. The room was great, very large with a stunning view of City Hall. The staff was super friendly and helpful, even to the point of getting me a bottle of water after I returned from jogging. You receive a free newspaper every morning, the rooms are cleaned efficiently. The hotel is within walking distance of the conference center and many of Philadelphia's attractions. The concierge has the patience of a saint, and provided excellent recommendations for dinner and entertainment. I enjoyed my stay here very much.

Pleasant hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Maartje

Stayed at this hotel with a family of four, and everything was okay. The fitness room was closed, but we were able to use the one in the Mariott next door. Were able to walk nearly everywhere, as the hotel is very central. Would choose this hotel again!

Suprisingly Quiet -- in a Good Way

by TripAdvisor Member ExtraPickles

I stayed here overnight for a conference. Although the hotel was 1.5 blocks from the convention center, it had a simple, quiet charm. Nice to get away from the chaos! My room seemed newly decorated in a style that made me envision that I was in my own room at home.

The lobby is small but boasts great architecture from earlier this century.

Two gripes, though: First, I was surprised not to have any "Welcome to Philadelphia" materials in my room. I usually count on such reading to help orient me to a city. Second, in the morning, I dressed in my workout clothes and headed for the gym ... where I was greeted at the gym door by a sign saying that they were closed for renovations. I would've preferred to have learned of this closure from the receptionist at check-in or the in-room hotel guide notebook before I planned my morning around the treadmill run.

Comments