Embassy Suites Hotel Philadelphia Airport

Booking.com Expedia.com Priceline.com

Satisfaction Average

Rated 11% lower than similarly priced 4 star hotels

• Never Again

My husband travels frequently and regularly stays at Embassy Suites Hotels around the country. We have had very good experiences at other ES locations and expected a similar experience. Wow, were we ever wrong. Embassy Suites' Philadelphia Airport location was horrible. It started with a room that was less than well cleaned or stocked. The shower didn't drain and there were light bulbs burned out in the bathroom. These are things that Housekeeping should notice and report to maintenance. There were no room service menus or any info regarding area offerings in the room. When we called to request a menu we were told that somebody would bring us one shortly. An hour later we called again and were told that they were too busy to bring us a menu. Shockingly poor service and we should have known then not to order dinner as the food was inedible. To top it off, our dirty plates were still not picked up nearly 20 hours later. Forget the shuttle. We were told that they would pick us up from the train station within 10 minutes. 40 minutes later no shuttle showed up. After the third day we were told that we would be granted a room change per our request. We arrived back to the hotel after a 14 hour day to be told that they no longer had a room for us. Magically, after nearly an hour a room was "found". The rooms are complete with musty smelling ventilation, stained carpets, and leaky coffee makers. Not worth the price!

More about Embassy Suites Hotel Philadelphia Airport

Great Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member apalubinsky

I had an early flight out of PHL and wanted to take advantage of a hotel park and fly. I'm a Hilton HHonors member and prefer the Embassy Brand. Check in was quick and efficient and I was checked into a king, non-smoking suite as requested. I went down into the atrium for the complimentary cocktail reception. I don't know how these guys do it. Two hours of free cocktails including hard liquor and Yuengling and cheese and vegetables and dip. Afterwords a light room sevice dinner and some TV. I was a little concerned about the waterfall in the atrium, but once I closed the door to the bed room and pulled the blackout curtains, I was oblivious until my 5:30 AM wake up call. I was down for the full breakfast at 6:00 AM and on the van to the airport at 6:30. The courtious driver dropped me at my departure terminal in plenty of time for my flight. The best part was my return. I called the hotel from baggage cliam. In a short while the van showed up, and dropped me right at my car in the parking lot.

What I Expected

We Had decided to stay overnight at a hotel before we left for our vacation. We chose the Embassy suites hotel due to the fact that they have a park and fly deal and of their close proximity to the Airport. When we arrived there we were suprised to see how nice the hotel was. We like the whole suite concept this hotel was built in the early 90's and it could use a face lift but the hotel for the most part was vewy enjoyable. The restaurant was excellent as for the managers reception. The staff was very friendly and helpful what a change from other hotel chains that we have stayed at. Keep up the good work and we will see you next year.

We were very pleased

by TripAdvisor Member ShipU2002

My husband had a class at this hotel for 3 days, so my baby and I went along for the stay. Upon arrival, we were treated well and we were very impressed with the fish ponds, etc in the atrium. Our room was great for us because of having our baby along. We could lay her down for naps and bedtime and then stay out in the living room and watch tv and talk. Our room was clean and everything looked fairly new to us. I made lunch in the room in the microwave for when my husband had breaktime from his class. Then for dinner we went to Ruby Tuesday, very close to the hotel, 2 nights in a row. That's my biggest complaint, and it has nothing to do with the Embassy Suites. There needs to be more restaurants around the hotel.

The breakfast is incredible, just thinking about it makes me want to go back! We had french toast, bacon, sausage, muffins, fresh fruit, etc etc. But of course, this hotel was more expensive then others we could have stayed at, but for us it was convienent due to his class being there. We paid $179 each night. My husband also took the train which has a stop about a 10-15 minute walk away. One time the hotel van gave him a ride from the stop.

Didn't use the pool due to rowdy group of kids splashing everywhere and taking up the pool. This can happen anywhere though.

Great Location Great Service and a Fantastic Breakfast

I am a corporate pilot based out of the Washington, DC area and fly into PHL approximately three times a month. This was my first experience staying at the Embassy Suites and I now plan on making this my hotel of choice when staying in that area. I have used another all suites hotel that was slightly more convenient to the executive terminal and Atlantic Aviation. When I arrived at Embassy Suites I was pleasantly surprised. I was warmly greeted by the reception staff, found my room to be quiet and comfortable and while not brand new, the condition was far better than my previous hotel choice. I had dinner in the restaurant, and while the prices seemed a little high initially, when I considered that the manager's reception had an open bar and snacks, dinner became a bargain. In the morning they offered an outstanding breakfast buffet where I definitely overindulged. Most importantly, I had to fly out late on my second night at 1:00AM and the receptionists were very helpful that I was up in time to prepare for my flight and were even able to prepare a complete bill (which is unusual in the middle of the night and an impossibility where I used to stay).

Good stay

by TripAdvisor Member golfer29

Was given a suite with separate living/dinng room when you walk in and then a bedroom at the back. There was also a small refrigerator and microwave.

Manager's reception was 5:30pm-7:30pm and had an open bar (beer and liquor) and cheese/crackers. Room Service was prompt and the quality of the food was very good.

Breakfast buffet in the morning was great! Free parking as well.

I would have given this property a 5 but I found the walls to be a little thin and the plumbing was quite noisy when other rooms nearby were using the water.

Embassy Suites-Great Breakfast

by TripAdvisor Member redhotrider

We stayed at the Embassy Suites at the Philly airport and had a great time. We loved the seperate bedroom so we could put the kids to bed early. The breakfast was a full breakfast, not just muffins and coffee. Great place for a weekend get away.

What a great place to host a wedding

by TripAdvisor Member tuggeee

A friend from the Philadelphia area had her wedding at the Embassy Suites Hotel located near the airport. Never in a million years would have thought an airport location would be as nice as it was. Once inside there was a beautiful lush atrium area where cocktails were served. What a great idea. Lush foilage as well as waterfalls...what a perfect setting.
The staff and food were wonderful!
The complimentary breakfast the following morning for guests staying in the hotel was terrific.
Anyone looking to host a wedding in the Philadelphia area, I would highly reccomend!!

Great service

by TripAdvisor Member PaLookout

Stayed in early Feb for 2 nights (business), suprised how well maintained the hotel was. Food was so-so, pool was nice, room was fine. What made the stay most pleasant was "the blonde"(Terri), she was the friendliest, most helpful hotel employee I have encountered in quite some time, she went the "extra mile" not only with me but with all guests I overheard. Usually, Four seasons/Ritz are the only places which have employees trained so well. This is my preferred hotel in Philadelphia now.

great value

Stayed at the Embassy Suites for 1 night. Most comfortable hotel bed I have ever slept in!!!!! Great manager's reception with free unlimited drinks and appetizers. Cooked to order breakfast in the morning, makes this hotel a great value for anyone. Clean rooms and great view of Philadelphia!! I would definately stay here again!

Comments