Embassy Suites Philadelphia Center City

1776 Benjamin Franklin Pkwy, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, 19103, United States

Embassy Suites Philadelphia - Center City
EmbassySuites.com Orbitz.com Booking.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

• Very nice and convienent!

Service was excellent! Great experience with the front desk, they were friendly and very accomodating. The room was very spacious, clean, with a great view of the city. I would highly reccomend staying here the next time you're in Philly!

Unique Quality: Walking distance to musuems!

Directions: Museum district

• Hope you don't like TV

I am currently a guest at the Embassy Suites. I live in Bucks County (Philadelphia suburbs) and am here for a relaxing weekend. Everything is so-so. Nothing special at all. The two in room TV's are old clunky Philips with a terrible picture - far from HD. What's worse is there are only 21 channels. No MTV, no VH1, no Braver, no E, no A&E, etc. When I questioned guest services, they said that the cable package is "too expensive" and that's why they barely even have basic cable. I asked if alot of people complain, he said yes. It's unbelievable. I have never been to a hotel without even the most basic of channels, let alone these horrible 1980's TV's. Oh and by the way- parking is $42 per night!!

Unique Quality: The only good thing about this hotel is the free breakfast at TGI Fridays, which is still nothing to write home about.

Directions: Center City, Ben Franklin Parkway

• A Northwest Jersey Macaroni Kid favorite!!!

I have never been a big fan of Philadelphia, but there is so much cultural significance, I want to be a fan. So we decided to give it another shot and come visit this week. I thought it would be nice to try to stay overnight so that we could fit in a few different things and really enjoy our time there. We picked the Embassy Suites Center City Philadelphia as it was a prime location for where we wanted to be. This family-friendly hotel is close to everything! Walking distance to the Franklin Institute, Philadelphia Museum of Art, etc.

Upon arrival, we were able to just drive up to the hotel and unload, conveniently, valet parking is available at this property. Really nice to not have to try to find parking in the city! The lobby is very clean, very nicely furnished and the staff was extremely welcoming. The woman at the front desk who checked us in was very concerned about accommodating our family's comfort and needs. She was friendly and cheerful, which is a fantastic way to begin your stay.

This hotel is 28 floors and we were fortunate to have our suite on the 27th floor, which boasts amazing views of City Hall and surrounding buildings. This was very fun to walk out onto the deck and see a great view of the city, especially at night. The room was very spacious, with a kitchen area which included a fridge, sink, and microwave, a living area, and a separate bedroom and bathroom. There was a lot of room for our family to spread out and relax when we were in our hotel, it was a perfect place to unwind after exploring the city. The beds were fantastic and very comfortable!

The hotel offers a complimentary breakfast buffet, as well as an evening Manager's Reception. Again, service was wonderful. This was very much a recurring theme throughout the hotel. Whether we passed someone in the hall, shared an elevator, or were walking out the door, every employee we encountered was exceptionally nice and cheerful.

This hotel experience single handedly changed my opinion of Philadelphia, something I did not think was possible! I thoroughly enjoyed our stay at this hotel and would love to come back. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone that would like to have a quick getaway and enjoy all that Philadelphia has to offer!

www.northwest-jersey.macaronikid.com

• Lovely Experience

We paid $159 for a suite. It was well worth the price. The hotel was clean, safe, and spacious. The building is round so the suites are shaped like a pie wedge. The sitting room includes a large wet bar, couch, and TV. Our bedroom had 2 queens. The mattress and linens were very comfortable. The room also had a balcony which was nice since we were on the 15th floor. There was a complementry breakfast included. The hotel is within walking distance of all the main attractions of downtown Philly. Parking in this section of Philadelphia is a headache so be prepared to pay upwards of $25/day for either hotel or public parking.

One tip on the breakfast - if you are a coffee brat like I am don't even try the coffee. There is an Au Bon Pain near the hotel that has fantastic coffee.

• gregoryolney's Profile Photo

Spacious Rooms !!

Great hotel with very large rooms which include a kitchen area and a microwave, separate bedroom and bathroom - and if you can persuade them to put you up high, great city views. Breakfast was in TGI Fridays when we stayed there - not brilliant but at least you can load up and take it to your room. Good location for the museums and central shopping.

• brazwhazz's Profile Photo

More than enough

This is definitely not my type of hotel. The reason we stayed there for a night is because we wanted V.I.P. tickets for the Salvador DalĂ­ exhibition at the Philadelphia Musem of Art instead of having to buy tickets for a given time and waiting forever in line to get in.

As expected, the service was great and the room was way too luxurious for our needs. (Who needs TWO televisions when they're travelling anyway?)

The reason this hotel does not get five stars is because of the all-you-can-eat buffet breakfast in affiliated T.G.I.Friday's. It's not that the food was bad, but the choice of food was rather... fattening. The only fruit available were apples and diced melons. However, there were plenty of doughnuts, waffles and buttermilk biscuits! The turkey sausages and fried potatoes were particularly good.

Unique Quality: The hotel is very well-located on Benjamin Franklin Parkway, roughly midway between City Hall and the Philadelphia Museum of Art. Its particular cylinder shape means that every room has a great view.

Directions: A stone's throw away from Logan Circle.

• RsbrySwrrl's Profile Photo

Great Suite, Slow Elevators

Being a Hilton Hhonors Gold has its perks! Speedy check-in; great, spacious suite with kitchenette and wet bar; balcony with a view; free breakfast; free manager's reception with FREE DRINKS. Great deal for $139 in the middle of the city.

Unique Quality: Great views from high floor balconies. Elevators were slow as molasses. The free breakfast at TGI Friday's (attached to the hotel) was yummy, but alas, the restaurant is on the same floor as the fitness center and when we returned to the elevators, we were hit in the face with sweat/B.O. smell. Not very appetizing!

Directions: right off I-676 at Logan Circle

More about Embassy Suites Philadelphia Center City

Great time at the Embassy Suites

Thanksgiving weekend 11/04 - We couldn't have asked for a better place to stay in terms of location, friendliness and quality. Location - We had never stayed in a big city before and we wanted to stay where we could walk to most attractions. It took about 20 minutes to get to Independence Hall and we were right on museum row. The Thanksgiving Day parade came down the street at our front door. We logged about 5-7 miles walking a day.

Friendliness - They were currently renovating the outside of the hotel and the second night some of the scaffolding cables came loose and were beating against our balcony. We asked for another room and were moved immediately. The staff was always courteous from the breakfast crew to the maids and maintenance personnel. Everyone at least said hello and have a nice day. The only rude people we encountered on the whole trip were the other tourists. Really. Philly is great.

Quality - the rooms could have used some upholstery cleaner, but other than that, we were very happy. The spacious rooms had a balcony off the bedroom and living room. There are 12 rooms on each floor, so if you get a room ending in 10, 11, 12, or 01, you will have a wonderful view of Ben Franklin Parkway and the Cathedral of Sts. Peter and Paul. The breakfast was great. There was a large variety of items. We were there for five days, so the menu didn't change a whole lot from day to day, but we were happy. If we wanted to drive, the valet service was easy to use. We would call down, give them 15 minutes and our car was always waiting for us. All in all a great trip.

Great location, decent hotel

by TripAdvisor Member NaplesVisitor

My wife and I recently stayed here with two small children. Before I summarize our experience, I would like to say that the hotel was undergoing renovation and we were not told about it when making the reservation, but only upon check-in, in the form of a letter at the front desk and by looking around the lobby which was pretty much a big mess. The Reservation agent should have informed me when making the reservation. Here are the positives. First, location is first rate - two blocks from all the museums and close to restaurants and shopping in center city. Second, the rooms are all suites with a small kitchen - perfect with young families. Third, employees tried to please despite some of the conditions that were beyond their control. Here are the negatives. Although it seemed like the rooms have been fairly recently renovated, the couch had a big tear in it, there were big cracks in the wall in the bedroom, there was significant mold around the fixtures in the bathroom, the fridge smelled terribly and did not work that well. Breakfast is included at the TGIF in the building. The food was sort of disgusting and greasy (but my kids like it). It was chaotic and disorganized. The beverage dispenser did not work right. The best part of it was that it was free. Valet parking was about $25, which is okay for a NE city, but one time it took 30 minutes to get the car and I was never sure that my car was actually going to be returned to me - the service was very disorganized. The other negative was that there was no security in the hotel whatsoever. There were people who were not guests floating in and out all day - food delivery people and some dubious looking characters. Bottomline is this. For the price ($179), you get a very large suite suitable for 4 people in a first rate location with a mediocre breakfast included. You'd pay more than double that to stay in the Four Seasons across the street. If you want a suite in an ideal location at a very fair price and can overlook the things I described, this is the place. If I were in Philly again with kids, I would definitely stay here. Without kids, I would go elsewhere. They tried hard to please though and the people were generally very nice.

Great Hotel-

I stayed in the center city location for 4 days in early January. This is a great building, with some charm. Wish we where told the lobby was being touched up, and really the only choice for parking is valet. The renavated rooms are quite large, seperate bedroom, with a large balcony, and two TVs. Only one thing the bathroom is tiny, only room for one, but has a extra mirror area to change. We had a little bump in the road in our stay, the fire alarm went off two nights in a row at 3am. We walked down 27 flights of stairs, only a broken water pipe. Was very pleased at the reaction of Management, and when the lobby is compleated I will return to this hotel for another great stay. Looking for a great large room, with a view, to enjoy the awsome philly area look no further then......Enjoy!!

Comments