1 Logan Square, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, 19103, United States

Expedia.com Booking.com amextravel.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 5 star hotels

• gordonilla's Profile Photo

A business stay in Philadelphia

Located in the heart of the city, it seems that this is one of the better hotels with an ability to meet it's reputation. The staff are professional and friendly, and there is an air of relaxation around the public areas.

I should note that they have a cafe and a restaurant; and if you wish to dine in the restaurant you need to wear a jacket.

Whilst exploring, I heard some guests commenting on the cost of the hotel - not that it was to expensive, more that it was excellent value for money. It was said in a slightly more colourful way, but you get the sense of their opinions.

I am on the 8th floor, and it has a reasonable view overlooking some grounds and water features.

Unique Quality: The hotel is located near to the museum district and shopping areas.

• VZ-Pam's Profile Photo

One of the best hotel in Philly - Four Seasons

The amenities is not the best compare to other luxury hotels in other cities but the service is exceptional. I love the bed with the pillow top...I had the best sleep there. House keeping is exceptional, very courteous & they do it twice a day...wow

Unique Quality: I love Four Seasons give a supplies of L'OCCITANE en Provence shampoo, conditioner, lotions & verbeana soaps inside the room. I love that brand and its the best ! I was so glad they have those in the room

Directions: Near Swann Fountain

More about Four Seasons Hotel Philadelphia

Four Seasons in the winter

by TripAdvisor Member NYGirl76

I took my husband to the Four Seasons, Philadelphia for a birthday celebration. I wanted to surprise him with luxury and a weekend trip to Philadelphia, a city he had never visited. I made the reservations in the summer for a Jan. trip and told them that we would be bringing our dog and that the trip was for my husband's birthday. After reading these reviews, I sort of expected notes to be taken and for them to at least wish my husband a happy birthday upon check-in and for the doggy amenities (food, water bowls) to be present in the room. None of this happened, but of course, I was disappointed, but the husband and the dog didn't know. We were shown to a room that had an adjoing door and within the first half and hour in the room, we heard the people next door (full conversations) and their crying baby. A few other things happened that made us call down to the front desk and complain. They graciously changed our rooms to a non-adjoining quieter room on a higher floor. This room was much better!

We had brunch on Sunday for my husband's birthday and that was marvelous! Great service and amazing food. And we enjoyed all the sights in Philadelphia.

My husband and I are in our twenties and married just over a year and have never stayed in a Four Seasons before. I was hoping to bowl him over with the quality and luxuriousness, but this did not happen. We are not necessarily wealthy folk, just hard workers who like to enjoy our down time. In general, I expected more- perhaps my expectations were too high. If I didn't want something special, we would have stayed at a more mediocre hotel.

I filled out a survey card upon checkout and was promptly contacted by hotel management to discuss my complaints. They assured me that they have changed things based upon my feedback and they'd like us to visit again to show that things have been fixed. This response is what I would expect of the Four Seasons. Since we live in NYC, it is likely that we will try the hotel again in the future.

Exceeds expectations - True 5 Star

by TripAdvisor Member Trip123abc

We stayed one night for a special occasion and could not have been happier. We've stayed at a number of other Four Seasons as well as other 5-star resorts, and Four Seasons Philadelphia ranks near the top. Wonderful staff, great lobby and common areas, and beautiful, updated room. On weekends they have a jazz band trio in lounge, and it made for a very pleasant atmosphere to have a drink and relax. Our weather was great so we ventured out next morning and realized the hotel is near multiple parks and museums, so the location is fantastic. We will definitely stay again.

Nice, but it needs a rennovation

by TripAdvisor Member llwcl

I stayed at the Four Seasons in Philly for business. I have stayed at 3 other FS's and have always found them wonderful. This one is nice, with a great lobby and restaurant and staff, but the rooms need rennovation. The rooms feel old and like thet have not been updated since the 1980's and for the price I wouldnt stay there agin. Try the Sofitel instead.

Solid but no soul

by TripAdvisor Member camdencalling

I had high expectations of this hotel from other ratings but was just a little disappointed in its blandness. This is probably because it is quite a large hotel and each floor looks alike. That said, it is hard to fault on service and comfort. Excellent room and facilities - the pool opens at 5.30am - great if you're suffering from jetlag which I was - and a really thoughtful range of products in the changing rooms. Beautiful French smellies in room's bathroom as well. Staff excellent if a little workmanlike. This location is good for the museums but not so good for the historical sites and shops but public transport is excellent in this town so it's not a problem.

It was just OK for a Four Seasons

While we had a very nice time, I think that this Four Seasons needs a renovation. . . There was nothing that special about it. We did get a good rate, which made it worth it-- but I didn't find it all that great. The service was OK, and the room was a bit outdated. Don't expect anything all that magnificent.

Excellent 5* hotel

This is the best hotel that I ever stayed.

Pros:
1) Room is big and clean
2) Housekeeping is doing very well
3) Good facilities (esp the SPA & the indoor pool)
4) Excellent breakfast (I called the room service for breakfast, it is excellent)
5) Nice staffs, and they are willing to help all the time

The only thing is it is not located close to the conference center. So, if you are going to conference and no shuttle will be provided by the conference, you'd better try another hotel.

Solid Four Seasons, if not spectacular

by TripAdvisor Member ParisDreamin'

Just returned from a stay at the Four Seasons while at a conference in Philadelphia. The converntion center is about a 15 minute walk from the hotel, so there are better choices if you are there for a conference/convention and want to be right near the meeting. The location, otherwise, however, is nice, fairly central, sitting right on Logan Square, but at the same time not in the middle of all the action, which makes it a relatively quiet neighborhood. The rooms are standard traditional Four Seasons fare, nice, traditional, and not ostentatious or over-the-top. The rooms are a decent size, with a nice-sized marble bathroom. Service is efficient, anticipatory, as it should be in a luxury hotel. The staff/concierge were knowledgeable and helpful. One detail: the breakfast in the Fountain Restaurant was superb (best eggs I think I've ever had), didn't have the pleasure to eat dinner there. Best meal of the week in Philly (despite my low expectations in entering a "celebrity chef" restaurant) was at Morimoto. Anyways, back to the hotel, the only criticism that I have is at check-in. I attempted to check-in early, as I had arrived on the red-eye. I expected not to be able to, and I was right. This was fine, as I left my bags with the bell-boy and headed to the conference for the day. However, when I returned to check in at 2:00 pm, the room was still not ready. Again, still understandable, no problem, I indicated that I would wait in the lobby, and the staff indicated that they would call me on my cell phone when the room was ready. I sat in the lobby reading (and tired, of course, from taking the red-eye and then sitting at a conference all day). The problem that I found disconcerting was that approximately 20 people subsequently arrived over the next 90-120 minutes while I patiently sat waiting in the lobby and were all checked in without problem, it seemed, as they all headed immediatedly up the elevators to their respective rooms. When I finally decided that I had been unobtrusive for long enough, I approached the front desk (now about 4:00 pm) and was told after some fumbling that OK, I could have a room. I presume that I would have continued to sit there had I not asked. This probably should not have happened at a 5 star hotel at $400 per night. Beyond that, however, the rest of the stay was quite enjoyable. Certainly a nice hotel, but I've definitely stayed at nicer luxury hotels (including other Four Seasons hotels) both in city and resort locations.

Comments