1301 Race Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, 19107, United States
Orbitz.com Hotels.com Booking.com

Costs 25% more than similarly rated 3 star hotels

More about Hampton Inn Philadelphia Convention Center

Good location, GREAT people. ok room.

by TripAdvisor Member rjkcpktrips

My wife and I were in Philadelphia this past weekend. The front desk staff was great, extremely nice, and VERY helpful! The hotel was located about a 10 minute walk from Liberty Bell and Independence Hall. The hotel was a 5 minute cab ride from South Street (6.50). The Terminal Market was less than a 5 minute walk from the hotel as well. I reccomend Old Town as a good area for resturants and small bars. The subway (Broad Street Line) was a short walk as well. The only drawback was the room. They were average at best, and the beds werent the most comfortbale. Finally, the hot breakfasts were a nice touch. Eggs and sausage one day, and french toast sticks/ham another. As I said, I cant say enough about the staff...They were very cordial/very helpful, but as for the room itself, it was average.

Great Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Booboo_bear83

very nice, new looking hotel. Very close to convention centre, 15-20 min walk to the main sites of phili.

walking to hotel from convention centre involves passing some crazy people on the streets, the usual kinds of weird people that hang around any big cities.

would stay again if i ever went to phili again.

The Stay Was So So

Check in was hectic and so was Checking out. The front desk clerk scanned my card so many times in error/wrogn charges that my credit card company thought my card was being misused and stopped all payments. I never received an itemized bill but yet they continued to tact on charges. Room service did well putting things back in order, but never changed the bedding when I requested it to be changed. During check out I was charged $2 for a local call and $36 for valet parking when I was advised it was all included in my package when I first checked in. Then the clerk finally removed the charges and made it seem like she was doing me a favor.

Nice place!

by TripAdvisor Member njguy99

I really enjoyed my stay at the Hampton Inn. The front desk staff was friendly and efficient, as was everyone else I ran into. Breakfast was superb - better than a lot I've paid for.

One complaint, though: the bed. In my room, it was hard as a rock. Definitely the kind of bed I'm used to in a modern hotel.

Otherwise, though, I'd definitely stay here again!

Most Friendly Staff Around!

by TripAdvisor Member arcmew

Check in on Thanksgiving Day (8pm) was smooth. The room was clean and comfortable. Breakfast was very nice; sausage one day, eggs the next, along with the usual cold stuff. Coffee all day and brownies in the evening! The thing that makes this hotel special is the staff - from valet to housekeeping everyone had a smile and a nice word! It must be a nice place to work because the staff all seemed to like each other and be happy to be there. I read other reviews to choose a hotel in Philly and a big turn-off was unfriendly staff,,, This hotel was not that way! Our stay was great and will definitely return!

Enjoyed It

by TripAdvisor Member moglie33

We went to Philadelphia with some friends on our way to see the sights on the way to NYC. We chose Hampton Inn because of its indoor pool...we were there with 4 kids and thought evening entertainment would be good. Our rooms were clean and nice sized. It was a $25.00 cab ride from the airport. The staff was very friendly, helpful, and even funny. It was a very laid back atmosphere (not slacking, but just a happy, unpretentious, and comfortable). We walked to a great pizza place for dinner (there is also a diner that delivers right across the street), and then we hung at the pool and hot tub at night. The sights were about a 15 -20 minute stroll away, a couple minute cab ride. There were warm cookies at night and a very nice continental breakfast in the morning, with both hot and cold foods, hot tea, coffee, juices and milk. The rooms were clean, nice sized. I would stay there again.

nice staff, hotel could be better

by TripAdvisor Member whateverintexas

This hotel has a very nice staff, but the beds in my room were very uncomfortable and the breakfast is pretty terrible (stale bread, gross looking eggs, old fruit.) the location is excellent and the hotel is pretty clean. However, I think La Quinta offers much better value for money that Hampton Inn--too bad there isn't one in Philly! I would stay here again if the price was right, but I would test out the beds before commiting.

Great Hotel. Highly recommend it!

We stayed at the Hampton Inn, on 3 occassions, because my husband was having surgeries at a Philadelphia Hospital. From the time we were greeted at the door the staff were friendly, considerate, helpful and accomodating. The hotel is well kept and the room was a nice size, had internet access and was CLEAN and well maintained.
We will stay there any time we need to be in Philadelphia in the future.

Okay.

by TripAdvisor Member 1972

We stayed here as part of an organized trip to Washington, Philadelphia and New York. The hotels were supposed to be similar but the Hampton inn was by far the least attractive hotel. Though we asked for a non smoking room it really stank of cigarettes which made the whole room feel 'dirty'. The breakfast is okay, if you can find a table (not easy). For dining out, the hotel's location is not very good. All the nice restaurants seem to be exactly on the other end of the city's center. While we were there the hotel was packed with young gymnasts and there families. I think we were the only foreigners and the only 'tourists' in this hotel. I wouldn't recommend it to a couple on vacation like us. It's probably more suited for families with the pool and the breakfast, I think. I felt out of place.

Except for the beds, a nice hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Belasaria

Great location to the convention center, nice restaurants within walking distance, this hotel is a great option for those on a budget with events at the convention center.

I checked in early without any problems; the staff was exeptionally nice. They asked if I would be using the internet and when I said yes, gave me a code for complimentary high-speed access (unlike some hotels where I have to prompt for it). Also, because I am a Hilton Honors member, I was given a coupon for complimentary appetizers/soft drinks that evening in their breakfast area.

The room was a decent size and the HVAC unit had an electronic thermostat. The HVAC was also pretty quiet, which was nice. The bathroom was decent, except that the toilet took a few times to flush properly (hold it down for a few seconds).

The desk area was great to work at, nice room to spread things out on.

The drawback is THE BED! I travel 30% of the year and this has to be the worst king mattress I have ever had. It was hard and extremely uncomfortable; I had trouble finding a comfortable spot. I had a lot of pillows but that didn't seem to help.

The hotel is undergoing renovations, and I hope that the mattresses are one of the things they make sure to replace.

Otherwise, I would definitely stay this hotel again.

The other glassThe other glass

Ferni digging into his cheesesteak :)Ferni digging into his cheesesteak :)

Margherita pizzaMargherita pizza

Turkish page at Academy of ArtsTurkish page at Academy of Arts

what is closed on sundays?

by mindcrime

It seems I'll visit Philadelphia on sunday!
1)Are the main sites open that day? I'll be in downtown that day as stated in previous post
2)can I take the elevator up the tower to the observation deck at city Hall on sunday?

k.

by cgf

It's funny, in Europe you would ask what's open on sunday... :)

by kathymof

There are no tours of the Masonic Temple on Sundays. This is actually a very interesting building

It took me ten seconds to find this URL

by PR-7

I did a search for

philadelphia city hall tours

and found this URL:

www.visitpa.com/things-to-do/attraction-details/index.aspx?id=70839

which states that tours of City Hall are only available Monday to Friday.

by footstool

visitphilly.com. Sunday Feb 28 should be the FIRST day of the Phiily International Flower Show. There;s a special exhibit at the Philly Museum of Art which appears to be open on Sunday (as opposed to "Never on Sunday"....) The Philly Museum of Fine Art also has a nice collection of Impressionists.

Bring a snowshovel.

Say, can you recommend a hotel in Athens, just for 1 night, 4 days before Easter SUnday?

by mindcrime

thanks, so I'll visit City Hall, Reading Market and Masonic Temple on monday morning, they are close together. Anything else in that area?

by Sevsa

At 17th and JFK Blvd is the Comcast Center which has what they call “The Comcast Experience,” a 2,000 square-foot LED screen (largest four-millimeter screen in the world) projecting HD computer-generated images.
A little north of the Masonic Temple is the Philadelphia Academy of Fine Arts http://www.pafa.org/ the oldest art museum and school in the US. It's open Sundays but closed on Mondays.

by mindcrime

thanks Erik, the Academy sounds great!

by Donna_in_India

I second the Philadelphia Museum of Art - really great museum! The Rodin Museum is also nearby. Would recommend Eastern State Penitentiary - really gritty (not like Alcatraz, K). And the Franklin Institute usually has some great exhibits going on (saw King Tut exhibit there). Check their site before you come to see what's on at that time.

by Donna_in_India

Sorry, I did not really answer your question about what's opened/closed. You can check the sites. :-))

Comments