Hilton Garden Inn Philadelphia

Similarly priced and rated as other 3 star hotels

More about Hilton Garden Inn Philadelphia

Not that Great

by TripAdvisor Member meikner

Since this hotel is in the "Hilton Family", I was expecting more than what we got. We (family of 4 with teenagers) stayed here for one night, May 30. Upon check in, we were told we were upgraded to a Jr. Suite, and I thought, "Great, we could use the extra room". It again, was not what I was expecting--just an ordinary room, which makes me wonder what their "regular rooms" are like. It did have a small sofa that could fold out to a single bed, but the mattress was very stained and no sheets, so we didn't use it. The area around the hotel does NOT look safe to walk in the evenings. We did not use the restaurant on the top floor for breakfast, instead went next door to the Reading Terminal Market, which was interesting. We paid $150 + taxes, which in my opinion is too high for what we got. If I ever get the chance to visit Philly again, I would not stay downtown, but would go to the subs.

tricky

this is the worst hotel that you can imagine, room service is terrible and you better pay attention to what you sign, from the restaurant, whoever took the order was really no help, He didn't have it happend to order food any idea about the food, they don't even let you finish with the order when they hang up on you(twice). They refuse to give me a copy of the receive that I sign. By the time to leave the hotel I was charge $20.00 more, they decide to tip themselves even after I give a tip on cash, and then even forge the signature.
The service desk is bad, they people need more training when with talk about customer service. the manager never show his face.
Better take everything that you need, even toilett paper if not that will take you 20 minutes to get room service.

Awesome little hotel

by TripAdvisor Member michan46

I was very concerned after reading the reviews about the Hilton Garden Inn, but as soon as we got to the hotel I was relieved! The hotel is an a train ride away from the airport. Just get off at the Market Street Station and you are there! The hotel staff was extremely friendly and upgraded us to a junior suite at no charge. The rooms were clean and the hotel was quiet. The fitness center was awesome. They had 2 treadmills, an elliptical machine and a full rack of weights, plus it was nicely air conditioned.

The hotel is in the heart of Philly within walking distance of many attractions. That was a huge bonus!

The only downfall was the pool seemed like it had a lot of chlorine in it and the hot tub was down for repair. No big deal to us though, we were out on the streets sightseeing.

Great Place

My husband and I used Priceline to book this hotel for $50 and it was delightful! When we checked into the hotel, the clerk at the desk upgraded our room to a Jr. Suite and gave us coupons for four drinks at their lounge. The suite was great, had two tv's and plenty of space. We did not eat at the restaurant located in the hotel, instead we walked around the area and ate at a local Italian place.

We were also concerned about some of the reviews we had read, but did not have any problems at all with the place. Would definately stay here again. Great location for shopping, eating and just walking around!

Hotel is fine

Stayed here for 2 nites on a business trip recently. Got a very good price thru Expedia. Very nice and spacious bedroom, helpful staff, top floor bar/restaurant with good views of downtown Philly. Only ate breakfast in hotel restaurant - that was fine.

Lots of great restaurants in easy walking distance. Reading Terminal Market just down the block is great place to walk thru and have a drink/bite to eat/shop.

Was very pleased with price/value relationship and great location.

Excellent business hotel

by TripAdvisor Member LAGIRL74

Great for business, located directly across from the convention center. Check-in was a breeze, the room was very large, dark wood and traditional furnishings, large bathroom. Room service is excellent. The hotel's best highlight is the complimentary wireless and highspeed internet throughout the entire building and 24 hr business center, absolutely free of charge! If you're traveling on business, don't think twice about booking a room here!

More bad service

by TripAdvisor Member mlasser

I'm Hilton Platinum and tried checking in for a three night trade show stay. Front desk told me there's be no rooms until 5PM! Also told me that my Platinum card meant nothing. Wouldn't even disuss letting me use an un made up room to shave and change clothes in.

I called Westin and got a less expensive room in a nicer hotel that I was able to check into right away. Hilton really needs to work on finding better people.

Awesome Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member popcornguy

Hotel is in the middle of everything, across from the convention center, next to the Reading Terminal Market & 5 minutes to the Historical District.
The room had a frig, microwave & desk, very spacious and clean. They also offer free wireless internet throughout the entire hotel. Nice restaurant on the 10th Floor with nice views.

Overall we were very impressed

Great hotel & great location

by TripAdvisor Member Vacation_LoversNJ

Based on tripadvisor reviews and helpful staff when I called the hotel for information, we chose to stay here on Friday, August 26 -Saturday, August 27, 2005. Needless to say, I am very pleased that we did. We went to the Eagles game and cheked into the hotel prior to the game. The staff was very friendly and helpful with directions to the SEPTRA and with check-in. The rooms were clean, AC worked wonderfully, pool and fitness center were perfect. Fortunately, they even allowed us to check out late which was awesome becasue we had the chance to relax in the morning. The hotel is centrally located to many fun attractions in Philly. A must do is the Reading Market. The is a great food place that is yummy and interesting for adults and kids. We would definitely stay here again and recommend it to others.

Comments