4509 Island Avenue, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, 19153, United States

Costs 31% less than similarly rated 4 star hotels

More about Hilton Philadelphia Airport

Very Nice Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member beachgirl48

Stayed here March 24th for one night before flying to Hawaii for 2 weeks. I was worried after we booked and I read the reviews. It was very nice and clean. Our room was business like but nice. We kept our car there for 2 weeks with no damage. I was hoping the lot was fenced in but it was not. They didn't take our license number or anything to I.D. our car so I guess anyone could park their car there free when they go on a trip.
I will stay there again.

As bad as I expected

by TripAdvisor Member Berkshire_UK

I had read about this hotel on Tripadvisor and everything was as bad as others had described. I was only there one night as I needed to be near the airport.
The hotel is very poorly maintained and was not up to Hilton standards.
The elevators were incredibly slow. I had to wait 10 minutes for an elevator to go down to breakfast.
The rooms have very old fashioned air conditioners and they made my room smell very damp. I was on the HHonors level (8th floor) and that was poor, so I don't know what the "normal" rooms were like.
Room service was ok, but the breakfast buffet was basic and there were not enough staff to serve "coffee and juice".

Worried for nothing!

by TripAdvisor Member grana103

Reluctantly checked into the Hilton at the Philadelphia airport to attend a class reunion. I had read some pretty poor reviews and was expecting the worst. Either I am easily pleased, or there has been a big change at this hotel.
Check in was quick and painless. The lobby was lovely, but disappointed the Starbucks in the lobby was not open.
Rooms were beautiful. Linens were top quality, pillowtop mattresses, lots of pillows. Bathroom was beautiful, lots of nice fluffy clean towels. Good amenities basket with quality supplies.
The restaurant was good, but rather expensive. Healthy Buffet for breakfast was a good deal and the fresh fruit was excellent. Beef at the banquet meal was substandard, but the chicken was quite good.
I was a little surprised to have the housekeeper ask if we "wanted service" (our room made up) when she saw us going out for the day on Saturday. At these prices I don't expect that question.
All in all it was a positive experience and I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone coming to Philadelphia.

Room was clean. Service was lousy. Pool was ok.

My family (2 kids and 2 adults) stayed here for 2 nights during Memorial Day weekend. We arrived late (10pm), but check-in was fine. I asked for an extra cot because my kids move around alot when sleeping. My daughter had a fractured clavical and didn't want to risk her getting pushed off the bed to hurt it further. 1 hour later - no cot. I went down to the front desk and the lady said, I'll call it in. Should be 30 minutes. Still no bed and we went to sleep. My son slept on the floor.
Day 2 - My husband went to the front desk to ask again first thing in the morning. They said no problem, they'll call it in. Upon returning from visiting Philly (12 midnite), no cot. How disappointing. 1 our of 3 elevators was not working properly. I almost got stuck in it.
Day 3 - We had to wait for almost 30 minutes for a table for breakfast (even though there were plenty of empty tables). Apparently, not enough servers. The pool was okay, but small. I would not visit here again.

Would not chance staying here again...

Stayed here last Saturday. A wedding party got out of control and hotel security was ineffective in controlling the problems. I had to call security about noise in our hallway three times...the last at 2AM! Manager said the police were just leaving as she got in at 6:30am. Room and bedding was nice, but so what when you can't sleep for the noise. Got up the next morning for my boys to enjoy the pool only to find out the pool was closed by engineering...but no one was working on it! Manager said she would make it right but I have not heard from the person that is supposed to actually refund my hilton points.

this place was fine

by TripAdvisor Member relayer

I was a little concerned about all the negative reviews on the airport Hilton after getting the room through priceline for $65. We had no problems at all staying here. The lobby was nice, the staff helpful and the room was clean and quiet. It met our expectations with an early flight the following morning. The only negative I could find is the elevators were very slow. One suggestion I would make is there wasn't a casual place to eat here. The only choices were a slightly upscale restaurant and a smokey sports bar.

Fair overall experience

by TripAdvisor Member mangoinmango

I stayed here for a couple nights in late August 2006 during a first-time visit of Philadelphia and chose this hotel specifically because it is decently close to the airport and allows for easy access of the nearby freeways. If you are considering a night's stay here, do keep in mind that this hotel is somewhat old.

The Good:
Free apples at the frontdesk! Beds are quite comfy, soaps/shampoos are Crabtree&Evelyn - not just generic, rooms are clean, frontdesk staff are very friendly and helpful, hotel offers a breakfast buffet (nothing overly special and it does cost extra but it's easier than having to drive to Center City for a meal), free internet access albeit a little unstable (more below).

The Bad:
The rooms on the lower floors are somewhat subpar compared to the other floors (I'm not comparing regular rooms to H Honors rooms). The regular rooms, for instance on the sixth floor, do not smell old and musty and if nothing else, offers a slightly better view of the surrounding area. The Internet Access here is ridiculously unstable, especially for a Hilton. If you are like me and surf the web at a somewhat fast pace or just happen to type fast, you may find that every minute or so your WIRED connection will no longer work for the duration of exactly one minute (I timed it!). After a one minute timeout, pages will begin to load again. Different laptops yielded the same result. Why this occurs, I have no idea though after spending nights in two different rooms on two different floors, I'm getting the impression that the entire building simply lacks sufficient bandwidth for all the residents here. This is unacceptable especially when trying to send business emails.

Some extra minor complaints: After calling the front desk a couple times in regards to a burned out lightbulb, they still haven't called up anyone who can supply a new bulb (it's been about three hours now). Did I mention the Internet here is subpar??

I didn't have the problem of loud noises preventing sleep though I would be somewhat hesitant to stay here again. If you aren't planning on using the Internet here and manage to get at least a third-floor room, I would recommend a night's stay here. At least take advantage of the breakfast buffet, its gift shop, or its small "We brew Starbucks coffee here" coffee bar. Unfortunately, this Hilton does look somewhat shabby compared to other Hiltons.

Nice stay for the money

by TripAdvisor Member Nathan1981

We stayed here during a trip to Philly over labor day weekend. Since we'd waited very late to book, most of the hotels downtown were already booked solid. We got the room at the airport Hilton for around $100 a night. It was very clean and fairly well kept, though the building was showing its age a little.

The one big issue I had was that upon arriving and opening the shower to drop off shampoo and such, I looked and the bar of soap from the previous guest had been left on the shower soap tray - a pubic hair included.

It wasn't a big deal and I didn't even complain about it to the hotel, but it was rather disgusting.

No problems other than that! It was overall a good stay and a good trip, though I wish we'd been closer to the city.

ok, but nothing nearby

by TripAdvisor Member brentg

Hotel was average, nothing to eat within walking distance, but a convienent location to I-95 if you have a rental car. Hotel bar/restaurant was expensive ($11 for a sandwich), but the food was very good. Rooms were generally clean during my visits.

Comments