Holiday Inn Historic District Philadelphia

Orbitz.com Booking.com Expedia.com

Costs 23% more than similarly rated 3 star hotels

• ringleader's Profile Photo

A Nice Place in the Center of it All

We spent some time here with our relatives from Germany. Since we live north of the city, we came in to visit them for the day on the train.

However, we did spend some time in the restaurant with them, and the breakfast was very nice.

Unique Quality: You can't beat the location!

• MrAviator2u's Profile Photo

Centraly located

It is your tipical Holiday Inn. The restaurant is mediocre. The staff is very courteous.

Unique Quality: This Holiday Inn is well priced and literally 2 block from Independance Hall and the Liberty Bell. it is near the restaurants, bars, and Ben Franklin's house and post office.

More about Holiday Inn Historic District Philadelphia

Great Location and easy access to Philly!

by butterflykizzez04 about Holiday Inn Philadelphia-Cherry Hill

Holiday Inn Philadelphia-Cherry Hill is conveniently located just 6 miles from Center City Philadelphia in the Heart of Southern New Jersey.
Our location at Route 70 and Sayer Avenue allows for easy access from all major highways and puts us at the center of the areas hottest attractions. Our 186 recently renovated rooms offer a comfortable decor and many in room amenities for all travelers. Holiday Inn Philadelphia-Cherry Hill lets you relax and have fun all year long with our indoor and outdoor pools as well as our newly renovated fitness room. We are pleased to offer all of our guests Complimentary Parking. Holiday Inn Philadelphia-Cherry Hill also is home of the Red Hot & Blue, Memphis style barbecue restaurant and many others within walking distance for our guests' convenience.

Our stay: It was a lovely hotel and beautifully decorated. Large rooms and we were pleased with our stay. we stayed two nights.
Easy access to the subway to take us into Philadelphia. Indoor Pool, great on-site restaurant, nice fitness center. Lots of space and rooms for conferences and conventions.

Holiday Inn Philadelphia-Cherry Hill is a 6 story hotel located in southern New Jersey just 6 miles from Center City Philadelphia. The hotel boasts 186 rooms with a warmly appointed d├ęcor. All rooms feature high speed internet, in-room iron, ironing board, hair dryer, safe and coffee maker as well as 2-line speakerphones, data ports and much, much more!

A Motel 6 with Interior Stairs

by TripAdvisor Member SocialButterflyJag

I just returned from the Holiday Inn Philadelphia Historic District. I went to law school in Philly, so I knew there were nicer places to stay in the area (I recommend the Rittenhouse Hotel), but I was attending a conference at the Holiday Inn, so everyone stayed there. I read the reviews before I went, and they were on point -- great location, old facility (Frommers says it was renovated 5 years ago. I don't know what they did because the structure, furniture, and carpeting seems as old as Philly.). The parking garage is not accessable from inside the hotel, but the area is pretty safe. There are signs posted everywhere about validating parking slips at the desk. Parking for my group was $10/day. Not too bad for Philly. You really don't need a car if you stay downtown. Everything you want to do is in walking distance (plus, it's hard to figure out all those one-way streets). Conference was for government employees. Room charge was $116/night. For this facility, I wouldn't pay more than $65/night; considering the location, no more than $80. We got free breakfast with the conference, but there was a line waiting to be seated because the staff couldn't handle the load. Service in the restaurant was fine, but the food was mediocre (think cafeteria food) but it was free, so I can't complain. I'm a Six Continents member and I was booked on a club floor (room 611). I recommend you don't get my room unless you enjoy overlooking a cemetary. I love history, but not that much. Floors 6-8 are club floors. No special key to unlock the elevator. The club floor rooms are just like every other room. The only extra we got was a 7th floor "business suite" the size of a regular room with a microwave, TV, and 1 computer (no fridge, no food, no frills). I couldn't access the internet from the computer (you need your own laptop). In all, the hotel was on par with a Motel Six or Ramada Inn.

You can do beter

This Holiday Inn is at best just okay for a short stay. The beds are a bit sunken and the bathroom is old. I had to ask for more toilet paper as soon as I checked in. It is the lack of decent details that you notice, like a broken iron and cheesy towels. If you want to be close to the historic sites and not spend much...it is okay. But don't raise your expectations.

location, location ***

by TripAdvisor Member mamadragon

The location is ideal to visit Independence Hall* and the Liberty Bell. Just a block up and two over(short blocks) is the visitors center where you pick up tickets and can arrainge any number of tours. Ben Franklin is buried in the old cemetary that backs up to this property you can see his grave from the sidewalk through the wrought iron fence or pay a small fee to enter the cemetary ( the fee helps preserve the cemetary).

The room was small but typical of an older hotel. We had two double beds and we were very glad it was only a one night stay (a king would have been great but we had our 14yr old daughter with us). There was a desk and a small table and a couple of chairs in the room and of course a tv. The wake-up call was on time and there was an alarm clock by the bed.
Coffee maker, hairdryer, shampoo & conditioner, icebucket, iron/board are all available in the room. I did have to get some extra towels as we had traveled all day and needed a shower at check in and one in the morning - the weather was in the high 90's.

The parking is $20 if it is not included in your price (ours was not; we Hotwired). You must pay inside for parking as there is no way to pay at the gate. Once you park you MUST go inside and have the ticket Validated at the Front Desk (someone ahead of us leaving the lot found that out as they tried to use their charge card and cash and were told via the speaker to back up and come inside). We found the staff friendly and helpful. They have preprinted maps to get you just about anywhere and a plethora of tourism leaflets about nearby attractions, even Hershey (a short 90 min. drive).

They offer breakfast (kids under 12 eat free w/adult - ask for coupon at check-in) which we did not have we opted for a place directly across from the liberty bell.

The pool is outside on the roof and well used, they have towels available poolside.

While trying to find the Kingdom of Vegetarians restaurant -(215)413-2290-(THIS PLACE IS GREAT!) we found out parking downtown is EXPENSIVE. After 6pm it is a straight $10 in a lot and street parking although allowed is hard to come by.

*Get tickets prior to visiting for a nominal transaction fee at 1-800-967-2283 - this really speeds up the wait. (----) Follow all suggestions as the screening process takes alot of time and to see the bell you must see it first before your tour or you will have to be screened again. A suggestion -do not wear a belt or take it off prior to screening and put it through metal detector or you will be told to step aside and be wanded.

It could be better

by TripAdvisor Member weltenbummlerfrau

I booked this hotel with hotwire. 3 * Historic District. I was a little bit disappointed. There are no restaurants near by, parking is about 20 US-Dollar/day. Breakfast is very expensive. The hotel is very old. The only attraction is the roof pool. It could be better.

Don't pay more than $75/night

This hotel is adequate at best. The shower had mildew, we were given a bathmat for one of our four days, the furniture was banged up, and our view was of the cooling units. That said, the room was quiet and generally comfortable. I got the room on Hotwire for $52/night, and it was worth that. But if I had paid more than $75 for the room, I would have been pretty upset.

I found the staff to be somewhat unhelpful. Every time I was at the front desk, the person helping me was a "trainee" (and it was not always the same person). Didn't make use of the pool, parking, or restaurant. Wireless Internet in the rooms is nice, but their is no wired access. Their is one computer in the business center for the whole hotel, so if you need to use it, be prepared to wait.

As others have said, the location is very good. About two short blocks to the Liberty Bell and Independence Hall. Chinatown is also just a few blocks away, but other restaurants tend to be in Center City (about nine blocks away).

So in sum, if you're looking for a cheap place to stay the Holiday Inn will work. If you're looking for a nice place to stay, look elsewhere.

Good Holiday Inn, Great Location

Not sure what some people's expectations are of a Holiday Inn, but this place was very nice. Clean room, friendly staff, and very helpful conceirge! Also not sure what the previous reviewer was talking about with no restaurants close by because "Restaurant Row" is only one block away. Anything you could possibly want to eat is on Market St. Also, for a great, cheap breakfast go to Snow White on Market and 2nd. . . .

staying in philadelphia how safe

by phil1340

I will be in philadelphia in july for three nights from 11 july I staying at the holiday in holiday inn philadelphia stadium I will not have a car is it safe to walk there at night I am travelling by my self can anyone surgest anywhere to eat or some friendly bars to have a drink or something to do there during the day I want to go see liberty bell that is interesting I really like motorcycles and cars

by Sue08080

This hotel is, obviously, near the stadiums. That puts you about 2-3 miles from the historical district and the "Center City" attractions such as the Art Museum. I think your best bet would be to use taxis to go to these parts of town. I don't really know much about the safety near the stadiums, as I'm not a sports fan, but when there are sporting events or concerts it's sure to be a busy place. Check the many excellent postings about Philly on VT for detailed information and enjoy your visit to a great city.

RE: RE: staying in philadelphia how safe

by Sue08080

by Sevsa

As mentioned there isn't anything there except the sports stadiums/arenas. The rest of the area is either residential or wholesale business. It's not near any of the tourist areas but you can get into center city by the Broad St. subway which is within walking distance. I'm not sure about safety either but my guess would be that its ok to walk around there. If there is a game you should try that also since its right there.

by thisit811

Why? Holiday Inn Philadelphia Stadium. Hotel located in South of Philadelphia. Transportration to center Phladelphia could be by Subway on Broad St. just a couple of block away,local busses or taxi. Day time is safe to travelling but It could be coution at night on subway. There is nothing at this location just a residential and warehouse businesses area. Instead of this hotel you get the same rate at Comfort Inn lacated on 120 N. Columbus Blvd (Tel. 1-215-677-7900) or Penn's View Inn on 14 N. Front St. (Tel. 1-215-922-7600) Both Inns are located near Delaware River. Location is perfect for tourists. You may log in @ www.philly.com to find out more about Philadelphia.
GOOD LUCK and HAVE A GOOD TIME.

Comments