Holiday Inn Philadelphia Stadium

900 Packer Avenue, 10th and Packer Avenue, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, 19148, United States

HolidayInn.com Booking.com Expedia.com

Satisfaction Average

Similarly priced and rated as other 3 star hotels

More about Holiday Inn Philadelphia Stadium

Stay Away!!

by TripAdvisor Member small1der

Would not recommend at all. The agent at the front desk was dressed very sloppy and not friendly at all. I would give you her name but for the two days that I was there, she never wore a name tag. Upon entering my room, it had a really old smell to it, the tub had black grit or something on the inside, the toilet only half way worked and one of my phones did not work.

This hotel is definately not for the business traveler. If you need to use your laptop, your best bet is to have a wireless card because the hotel will not provide an ethernet cable. Otherwise you will have to plug into the phone for dial up and because the phone only has one line, when you are using the internet, you cannot call out and people cannot call in.

I am done, but would definately not stay here again!!

Philly Sports Fans, I Got Your Hotel Right Here!

by TripAdvisor Member landsold

If you're going to see one of the Philly teams and need a place for the night or weekend, than there is nothing wrong with this choice. On the surface it is a typical Holiday Inn, nothing fancy. Our room was #522, it was a king, non smoker with an amazing view of Citizens Bank Park. The room was spacious and the bathroom was clean. The rate included free parking and it's located an easy one block walk to the sports complex. In the lobby there is a nice gift shop where you can buy sodas and snacks that you can take to the park for half the price they charge in the stadium. There is also a Stubhub office in the lobby in case you need tickets. The restaurant, called Bennie the Bums, is a real nice combination of sports bar with numerous big flat screens and seafood restaurant where the food was very good and the prices seemed down to earth. At night after the game the place was alive without being too roudy or crowded. They also have a buffet breakfast and offer room service as well.
The location of this hotel is also convenient to center city, south street and there is a race horse simulcast outlet right next door. We took a cab ride to south street to walk around for a few hours and the fare was $13. I would recommend taking the cab because it is a little hard to find if you're not familiar with the area and parking is a problem. It's also an easy shot to the airport from there but they do not offer a shuttle at this time.
All in all, we enjoyed our stay and will definitely go back there for a similiar getaway.

Very Enjoyable

by TripAdvisor Member 000000000024

My family and I spent the night at this hotel. We were driving home from Florida when all of a sudden our car broke down. We were not to far from home but we had been driving all day and the kids were getting cranky so we decided to stay at the Holiday Inn. The front desk agent was very polite and asked us if we needed anything because she knew we had just had car trouble. The restaraunt was great and priced just right. The staff is excellent here and we definately recommend!

A Disaster!

by TripAdvisor Member mamsib

I stayed at the holiday inn from 7-2 to 7-5-06, as a result of an apartment fire, and it was a nightmare! The staff and management were unfriendly, the bathroom was filthy and the sheets had not been changed. After I checked out, I discovered I was double-charged for my telephone calls on my credit card. It took numerous calls days after my stay to get it corrected, no thanks to holiday inn's management. I would never recommend this place to anyone!

Loved This Hotel And Their Reastaurant/Bar

by TripAdvisor Member mikebapu

I was there for Corporate meet last week.
This Hotel is very close to the stadium.After the meeting we went to Eagle's Game(Paid lots for that Game with Cowboy.)Hotel has excellent staff.Their new Restaurant called Benny's is very classy with excellent food.
They provided free shuttle to the airport also.They have Bob Pantano live friday and staurday night.A place to meet new friends.Iwt was rocking till 2:00 Am

Overall very good place.

Find something better!

by TripAdvisor Member 206_Traveler

We stayed here from Nov 5 - Nov 7 mainly because it was close to the Wachovia Center, where we were watching the 76ers play, and because nothing else was available. While the hotel is right next to all the sporting complex, the basketball arena was a decent walk away. Initially we were told that our room was not ready and that we had to wait until 3pm to check-in, but a woman at the front was nice enough to check us in early. After that it was all downhill. The room was nice enough, although the bathroom could have used a good scrubbing. Mildew under the bathtub mat made for an unpleasant showering experience. Towels and bed linens seemed clean. Second day we came back from going out to find that our keycards did not work. Went to the front desk and turned out they thought we were in room 516 rather than 508. We found out that they had tried to give our room to someone else, but of course our stuff was still there. I don't know how this happened (apparantly they didn't either), but just be careful with what you leave in the room. There aren't too many restaurants or much of anything within walking distance and the subway station into Center City is again a good ways away, but within walking distance. The hotel restaurant is a bit pricey, but has a pretty good atmosphere for sports games (Monday night football). In all I would NOT stay here again if I could find something closer to the city. Only stay if sports is your main concern.

Never again!

by TripAdvisor Member eaglsfan88

I stayed at this hotel with my family for an eagles game on 11/12. We arrived on the 11th and it was down hill from the moment we walked into the door. This hotel needs some new management!!! It's obvious. Don't bother asking to speak with the general manager he seems to be never around. The restaurant is over priced and the service is horrible. Our guest room appeared to have a new mattress but the tub was dirty, there were items left under the bed from another guest. Next time we will stay in the city instead of this dump!

Great hotel and convenient for any Eagles fans

by TripAdvisor Member cguerreiro

My husband and I and his friend and wife took a trip to Philadelphia just to watch the Eagles play. We went to Philadelphia without hotel reservations and was hoping to get a room within walking distance to the stadium, so we drove up to the Holiday Inn. My husband went out of the car to check on availablility and to our surprise we were able to get a room for the weekend. The hotel staff seemed to be very nice and we had a room that had a view of the stadium. The room was very clean and comfortable for the 4 of us with 2 double beds. I usually hate going bare foot in any hotel room, but this one I was comfortable to take off my shoes even in the bathroom. The maid staff cleaned our room very nicely and made the room comfortable for our stay.
The only thing that was confusing was that my husband had asked for a military discount upon check-in and the gentleman said that they did not have any, but when I asked the front desk not knowing my husband had already asked, another gentleman said that they did have military rates. When we received the bill upon check out the rate was not on the bill and we were charged a regular rate. When I explained to the lady the situation, she was very helpful and was able to honor the rate, but she said that they only offer "government rates" and she said that it probably wasn't available for the night we got quoted for and she wasn't able to see what the rate was, but she would give it to us anyway. That was kind of confusing. But overall The room was very clean and comfortable with two double beds. The restaurant/bar was excellent with a nice variety of pastas, seafoods, and steaks and very reasonably priced. We ate their for dinner twice and also hung out at the bar. The distance was a 10 minute walk for us from the hotel to the stadium and was a plus because we saw two major games the 76ers game and the Eagles vs. Redskins
game. After the games walking back to the stadium, we watched the crazy flow of traffic and were glad we were just minutes away from our hotel. I would definitely recommed this hotel to any Eagles fans wanting to see the Eagles play. If we do return to Philadelphia we will definitely book at the Holiday Inn

last time

by TripAdvisor Member flyerfan4life

We go to philly once a year to see the flyers and have always used this hotel because its so close to the wachovia center.The last 3 years the quality and service has gone WAY downhill and the prices way up.They did a renovation a while back but things are worse than before....missing covers on the outlets...broken furniture...no exhaust in the not too clean bathrooms....and plenty of attitude at the front desk.We stayed there on 3/9 to 3/11....I had made reservations on 1/18 for 2 rooms,the rate was supposed to be $108 per night per room($474 total)When we checked out we were told our total was $738.We explained that we made reservations at the lower rate but they refused to check into it,saying they couldnt do anything and gave me a card with the managers #...(still waiting for a return call)..from what Ive read in these reviews that's not gonna get me anywhere....so i'm calling my credit card company to stop payment....maybe then they'll call me.

Comments