Hotel Palomar Philadelphia - a Kimpton Hotel

Costs 40% more than similarly rated 4.5 star hotels

More about Hotel Palomar Philadelphia - a Kimpton Hotel

Small Room, Loud A/C but Great Location

by TripAdvisor Member dl

We got an opening rate, so decided to give the Hotel Palomar a try. Nice staff, but tiny rooms. My side of the king sized bed was so close to the outside wall that I worried I would get out of bed and bang into the wall. The bed frame is a touch larger than the matress, so defintiely a shin banger. The bottom of the bed is very close to the desk and dresser making it a bit of a tight squeeze to get thru. Small bathroom, but nice fixtures. A/C kept cutting on and it was loud!
Hotel was in a great cental location and u could walk everyone from it. Nice to have coffee availabe int he am and wine in the late afternoon.

For the rate we got, it was difeintely worth it, but I wouldnt pay $300 or so for it.

Fun and funky hotel in great location.

by TripAdvisor Member Leilani33

Stayed 2 nights with my husband for his bday weekend in Philly. Hotel is in a GREAT location with parking available less than 1 block away on Sansom. We walked around the neighborhood for hours, a few blocks in every direction and found lots of shops, cafes, bars, etc (Di Bruno brothers is right around the corner and we bought snacks/lattes/etc). Also next door is the G Lounge, one of my favorite clubs in the city. Hotel itself is very swanky and fun, not stuffy but definitely classy. Rooms were on the small side but the decor and layout were great. As others have said, the A/C is VERY loud but it wasn't a dealbreaker. Beds were comfy and I LOVED the bathroom. We also enjoyed dining in-room, the food was a bit pricey relative to portion size but was delicious! The only disappointment for us was not having coffee/tea maker in room. Staff were very helpful and polite, everyone from front desk to housekeeping asked us if we were enjoying our stay. We would definitely stay again and will recommend to our friends/family!

Looks shiny and new but service is poor and food is awful.

Front Desk attendants were very nice and very thoughtful. Hotel bar was very busy. Elevators did not feel safe (harsh jolting and shaking). Rooms look cool and trendy but are very small. Bathrooms are small and cramped. Room service phone operator was rude and she did not get my order right (even after I repeated the order twice). When food finally arrived 50 minutes after ordering, everything was cold and portions were skimpy. ($5.00 for a side of bacon = 2 small slices). Free wine in lobby was delicious; free coffee in the lobby was terrible.

Great place for Thanksgiving weekend

by TripAdvisor Member cctravelercc

Excellent location, beautiful room, good service, and we had a great time in Philly. Lots of good stores and restaurants nearby - very close to Rittenhouse Square. Enjoyed Di Bruno's for breakfast and lunch (gourmet grocery with upstairs cafe), Little Pete's (classic diner) for cheesesteak, and Pub and Kitchen for dinner. Good value when getting parking included in the rate.

Another great Kimpton hotel.

by TripAdvisor Member relliebelle

I spent one night at the Hotel Palomar and really enjoyed my stay. The woman who checked us in was very friendly and helped us with transportation for later on that night. We were supposed to be in a regular queen room, but were upgraded to a city view queen. The room was great - brand new, very clean, comfortable bed. The size of the room was a bit on the small side, but being that we were only there for one night, it was not a problem. Kimpton Hotels are fabulous!

Great new boutique hotel in Center City

by TripAdvisor Member Triangletravel

Palomar, a newly opened hotel in Center City is a beautiful, perfectly situated and fun hotel. The Staff were all so helpful and friendly. The hotel was created out of a historic building and they have designed a youthful but comfortable ambience. It reminds me of a W hotel but smaller. The hotel has wine in the evenings and the restaurant/bar is lively. Walking distance to Center City sites. Our room had a great view and a spa tub. Overall, a trendy boutique hotel with great staff and service. I would return!

Everything was new

by TripAdvisor Member Santonle

Pleasant lobby, very early 2000 nostalgia. The receptionist was very friendly and took the time to answer all our questions. However, they did seem to be understaffed at the front desk that particular day. The room was nicely appointed. Since it opened recently, everything was still in good condition. However, the furniture and other decorative pieces felt very much like West Elm, which might show the signs of use very soon. The afternoon wine tasting was a nice touch. Not that people showed up on the day we stayed.

Just what Philadelphia needed - a cool, trendy, upscale boutique hotel

by TripAdvisor Member mccarthys5

Stayed here for one night Thanksgiving weekend - my husband and I went for our anniversary. Location is great, right on S 17th Street, near Rittenhouse Square. Front desk was super-friendly and even able to check us in at 11 am - and all I wanted them to do was hold our bag until later in the day! Rooms are small (we had a queen bed room, Room 711) but trendy and modern-looking. Bathrooms are also small but nicely appointed with L'Occitane amentities - nice touch. Bed was very comfortable with Frette sheets. Don't miss the complimentary wine reception - they offer it daily from 5-6 in the "living room" of the hotel and it was nice to sit by the fire and enjoy a couple of glasses of wine.

The only downside to the hotel was the noise from the nightclub next door. We could hear everything until 2 am. We were out late, so not too big a deal for us, but I could see where this could be an issue. I wonder if it has something to do with the hotel being LEED certified...

I would definitely stay there again and say that the hotel is definitely more adult atmosphere oriented than kid-friendly. And, I would request a room away from the nightclub. We got a great rate on Expedia - it was $120/night and I think that was a great bargain for this property.

Beautiful and stylish hotel, great location

by TripAdvisor Member ericalee

This was my first stay in a Kimpton hotel and wow, this place was great!!! I spent three nights here for a conference being held at the Pennsylvania Convention Center, and I could not have been more pleased!

My stay was in mid-November 2009, and I believe the hotel was only open a few weeks at that point. Service was great; these people know what they are doing!! The room was beautiful, really hip and trendy in regards to decorating. Bed was super comfy after a long day. I had a corner room with great windows. WiFi worked perfectly. Walking distance to the PA convention center and many great restaurants and stores, etc. I would recommend this hotel to everyone!

Comments