Hyatt Regency Philadelphia at Penns Landing

Hotels.com Booking.com Expedia.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

• mlbk888's Profile Photo

Views of Waterfront from Rooms

First impression - the lobby was stylishly appointed. The reception counter, too, had a very modern feel to it with 3 plasma TVs adorning its wall instead of the usual wall adornments. Service was prompt and professional.

Room - Decor is modern and clean cut and colour scheme is very earthy in brown, cream and beige. Our room was spacious with 2 double beds, a writing desk and armchair. A huge console unit has different compartments housing a built-in wardrobe, TV cabinet, and storage drawers. The ensuite bathroom is very spacious. Wireless internet connection is available in the room.

• yooperprof's Profile Photo

Nice new lux hotel on the Delaware

I got a great rate ($59 a night) through Priceline for this fine 4* facility. I was attending a big conference whose headquarters were in the center city area, but I thought that the comfort and price of the Hyatt made the slight inconvenience worthwhile. It was about a twenty minute walk to 12th and Market, where the main conference hotels were located, but since the weather was good I didn't mind it all. And if I was in a hurry, there are plenty of taxis in Philadelphia.

Penn's Landing is adjacent to the Old City Neighborhood, which is a really happening place right now. It was only a few minutes walk to the best new restaurants like Fork and Buddakan.

This is a new Hyatt, and the rooms are quite large and comfortable. My room looked over over the Delaware - excellent feng shui!

I can't imagine what a comparable hotel room would have cost in New York!

One downside: internet access fees of $10 a day. Come on, Hyatt, get real!

• MCIFARETTO's Profile Photo

Close to it all, but missing the fluff.

Front desk staff and house keeping can't keep up with the large size hotel but they do try. Many weddings on the weekends and they take up to much space. Rooms are ok but all the same, only upgrade with out getting an over priced suite is the view. City view is ok - water view is the best. No gift shop or snack shop to speak of, the bar is $$$$ and coffee shop is closed all the time. The area on Penns landing is great and clean, a must to walk and see.

Unique Quality: Indoor pool is very nice and outdoor dinning is pleasant but the food stinks. Have a beer and wings only and look at the view. Breakfast buffett was the best but it is $$$$, eat alot so you don't have to have lunch. Check out the old ships by the docks and visit the US Navy Sub with the kids.

More about Hyatt Regency Philadelphia at Penns Landing

Comfortably cheery chain coffee cafe

by yooperprof about Cosi...

Soups, sandwiches, wraps, pastries, teas and coffees - reliable quality, easy in easy out, wireless access. . . Scattered locations through the central city, I found this location very convenient, located about half way between the hotel where I was staying (the Hyatt Penns Landing) and the facilities for the conference that had brought me to Philadelphia, headquarted at the Loewes and Marriott hotels.

Close to Independence Hall and the Liberty Bell

The location is excellent for the historical tours and is very convenient to the airport and interstates. The room was comfortable. The bathroom was large w/ double entry doors. There is a great view of the river. The only downside is it is a hike to some of the other sights in Philadelphia ie Museums, U of P, Broad St. Next time we would stay in Center City.

Fine place to stay

Although this hotel is not next door to anything other than Penns Landing, it was a nice place to stay. It's about a 15 minute walk to the historic areas, about 5 minutes to the beginning of South Street and about 30 minutes to City Hall. You could problably get to any of these places by taxi for less than $10. The room was nice enough, and I didn't have any problems with the staff. Got a great deal through Priceline, which made this stay even better. I would imagine any room has a great view, it's just either of Center City or the River.

Gorgerous View and Great Location!!

by TripAdvisor Member biddingforhotel

I am so glad that I am coming back to this wonderful hotel, and this time it was even better that I got the room at 19th floor facing north that I got gorgerous view with Benjimin Franklyn Bridge, Delaware River, Great Market, I-95 ...etc. So, I decided to turn the desk facing the window and connect my portable computer to the in room high speed internet. I got the wonderful view from afternoon to evening to night with sparkling lights and midnight, dawn, and nice sunny day view before I leave. It is a wonderful experience.

The doorman were very friendly and took our luggage up right after the nice staff checked me in very promptly. I self parked the car around the corner at 5th floor and took elevator down to ground and thru walkway took another elevator to Lobby at Avis rent a car, then I change yet another one to 19th floor (top floor is 22nd).

As soon as I steped in the room, I decided not to go nowhere but stay in the room enjoy the view. The bathroom is also unusually big with many amenities that other hotel do not have. The TV has many channels including NBA, ESPN, CNN, ...etc.

The swimming pool at 4th floor was wonderful and nobody use, so I got kids over to enjoy a nice family time. Walking outside the swimming pool, can see nice view around the hotel which is great in a sunny day. I can imagine it a great place to watch fireworks during July 4 night.

Since we decided to stay in the room, we called a local restaurant for delivery. Hyatt would not let the deliver man come up to the room, so we have to go down to Lobby to pick up once we got called. But it is convenient. I found this restaurant at Yahoo Address typing in the hotel address and find local business.

Parking is $17.25 and high speed internet access is $9.95 but with a Penn's Landing booklet, Hyatt avertised complimentary access, so when I showed it, the staff take it out. However, I was advised that it was a summer time promotion program, it will no longer valid.

After check out the following noon, we left all the luggage in the car at the parking deck and walk thru lobby to go to Penn's Landing and walk along the river. There are several attractions; we end up checked out the Dock Side Apartment which provide complimentary coffee machine with many flavor and hot home made cookies. The rent is about $3000 for 2br and $4000 for 3br; very nicely decorated. I was told the tenant's friend or family can also rent a furnished apartment when visit at $79 to $129 a day which is very convenient. It also has wonderful swimming pool 24x7 and nice balcany with BBQ for residents. It was said that it is one of the best place to watch July 4 fireworks...

On the way back, we checked out the Moshulu ship restaurant and having a wonderful late lunch there and spent some nice time checking out this ship that can accomodate 3500 guest at one time with many wedding parties going on concurrently once in a while. The waiter and waitress there were very nice that made our stay very good time.

What a great hotel!!!!

Okay, we are a family of five - three kids under 12!!! To my delight we were given a room with a view of the river. It was spacious, comfortable, and the pool and fitness area were spectacular. My kids loved the pool and it stayed open late and opened early, keeping them busy!!!

I would definately recommend this hotel to any family looking for a great value for the $$$ and for the luxury accomodations that come with it. It is centrally located to the highway, close to central and south Philly - a short distance either way. We were able to enjoy Chinatown and "Little Italy" in minutes which was nice. And waking up to that view is beautiful!!

We have stayed in Philadelphia before and will definately be back for seconds at the Hyatt!!!

High End Hotel with Great View

by TripAdvisor Member Roadtravlr

The Hyatt Regency is a great place to stay if you are looking to be near the water since it is right at Penn's Landing. You have an excellent view of the water and are right by the Seaport museum. This is a good location if you are want to be near Society Hill area or Old City (only a 15-20 minute walk to Independence Hall). The rooms are absolutely spacious and clean--I had a room right on the 11th floor and had a view of the Philly bridge. The hotel restaurant--Keating's--is pretty good, better than usual hotel restaurant fare (but a bit pricey). The only complaints I have is that this since this is a four star hotel...they assume you can pay for "the little things". There is a $1 access charge for local calls and the business center does not have free internet access ($3 access charge, then sixty cents each additional minute). Also since it is right at Penn's Landing, you are really disconnected from the main area--you have to walk around the harbor (or take a cab/car)in order get onto a main street--walking could be a bit hair-raising if you a walking alone at night. I did it and felt relatively safe, but would not recommend doing this as a precaution to everyone if u have the option of walking accompanied.

Fine Choice -- Especially With Kids

by TripAdvisor Member BubbaDinMD

This hotel exceeded my expectations in almost every way. Although the hotel was filled with conventioneers, the staff bent over backwards to give us a room on a high floor (after my kids made the request) and the view was great. Breakfast at the restaurant was also very pleasant and affordable. The three major advantages of this hotel are: (1) Very easy walk to the heart of downtown; (2) Very easy highway access so it's a quick trip to the stadiums or to the Franklin Institute and (3) The pool. Seems to come up a lot at Priceline too!

Travel from airport to Penns Landing

by lfloyd

Ok, guys...Been trying to figure out the best route from the airport to our hotel...Hyatt Penns Landing... The EL train in Chicago seems a lot easier than what I'm trying to figure out in Philly....Is an expensive taxi ride our best bet? We will be arriving around 1:20pm on Thursday...What's our best choice???
Thanks...(here in Arkansas, we barely have to Trolley's that are just mainly for show!ha It's all taxi or shuttle...I get very confused with all this subway type stuff, so be specific and use easy to understand instructions for this country girl!!!)

RE: Travel from airport to Penns Landing

by Sue08080

You can take the R1 Highspeed rail line to Market Street East/ the Gallery. From there it's a short taxi ride to the Hyatt at Penns Landing. You could even walk it if you don't have too much to carry. Have fun in Philly! Check out the Mann Center concerts in the Park and the Art Museum.

Specific instructions

by PR-7

Take the R1 train from the Airport into Center City. Get off at the Market East Station. After leaving the train, following the signs to the Market-Frankford Line (also called the Blue Line). Go east on this subway line, towards Frankford. You'll start at the 11th Street Station, and get off at the Second Street Station (note this is but nine blocks, so you might want to just take a cab from the start).

When you exit here, you have a choice. It's three and a half blocks to the Hyatt Penns Landing from there, which for me is a short walk but some people would just take a cab. If you decide to walk, go south on Second Street (if you have trouble with directions, remember that Christ Church is just north of Market Street) for the two blocks till you get to Chestnut. Turn left (east, towards the river) and take the walkway over the freeway. Once over this crosswalk, the Hyatt should be very visible on your right (south).

For the subway you can pay $2 for one token at the window or pay $2.60 for two tokens (change given) at the vending machines. In both cases it's cash only. Depending on when you get there and your preferences, you can also buy a daily or weekly pass for unlimited bus and subway rides at the SEPTA sales window. The latter closes at about 5:00 pm.

RE: Travel from airport to Penns Landing

by lfloyd

thanks so much for the replies...I'm printing them off and carrying them with me!

Comments