Philadelphia Hotels

Our Members Say

• pauksa profile photo pauksa
  • Reviews: 10
The most of the hotels are in...

The most of the hotels are in center city and quite expensive. Rate may cause you in between 100 and 200 US $. There is very reasonable rate motel in Philly and managed by one of the religious organizations. The place is called Divine Tracy. Daily Rate varies in between 26 and 35 US$. However, there are some rules and regulations you have to follow. You can make reservation and find out more. Phone (215)382-4310. Address: #20 South 36 Street, PA 19104

easy to go around the city from that motel. All interesting places are within short distance by walking,train, bus or taxi.

• Opinion of Price: least expensive
  • Written August 26, 2002

• richiecdisc profile photo richiecdisc
  • Reviews: 5929

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Typical row home in Philly: not so typical when it's your home

Growing up in a row home in Philly is an experience in itself. Looking back on it, it may have been a bit restricted but at the time it seemed extravagant. Huge. I guess in many ways it has led to me not needing a lot of space for the rest of my life and that is a good thing when you choose to live a lot of your life on the road.

Even though the house was three stories, it didn't have more than 1500 square feet in it. Three bedrooms and the only full bathroom were on the third floor. Doesn't sound bad, right? Well, we had four kids and two parents sharing them. I was in a double bed with my brother until he moved out at 17. Can you blame him? The ground floor was a living room, kitchen and front porch. Half bath? What's that? The real fun was in the basement. My parents had most of it finished and it was a great play room for us. We even had our own television/stereo console, no small feat in the 1960s. It kept us occupied for hours, years. My parents never saw us, not because they were too busy. We were. We also had a concrete backyard that was fenced in and in the summer, we set up a pool.

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Related to: Historical Travel, Architecture, Photography
Tip Photo

Brother Bobby & I (I'm the stiff one)

• spartan profile photo spartan
  • Reviews: 926

Hampton Inn & Suites Philadelphia/Northeast: A neighborhood facility

Located in the northeast suburbs of Philadelphia (Bensalem) near the Franklin Mills Outlet Mall ( a definite must for shopping and eating).

It's a suites hotel (separate living room and bedroom) which is pretty spacious for the price. Continental breakfast is included and there is ample/free parking. I do believe that each room has a fridge (icebox) and there is a microwave in the lobby.

• Opinion of Price: about average
  • Related to: Business Travel

• spartan profile photo spartan
  • Reviews: 926

Doubletree Club Philadelphia Northeast: Close to the action

Nice hotel on one of the main arteries to Northeast Philadeplhia. The rooms are nice, there is a business center for internet access, faxes, etc. and there is a complementary pass to Gold's Gym across the street.

• Opinion of Price: about average
  • Related to: Business Travel
Tip Photo

• hobanma profile photo hobanma
  • Reviews: 263

Hawthorn Suites: Hawthorn Suites

$150.00

Although not a luxury hotel, it is very nice. Within walking distance of most attractions.

They have an extensive hot breakfast buffet. During the week, they offer a dinner buffet that includes beer and wine.

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average
Tip Photo

• danbachmann profile photo danbachmann
  • Reviews: 23

Chamounix Mansion - I arrived...

Chamounix Mansion - I arrived in the area on Friday night and spent the night at Chamounix Mansion, which has been converted into a HI hostel.
My first encounter here was with a gray haired man who
asked where I was from. I explained that I was from only the next state over and that this was the
start of a trial run for a potential journey across the ocean. He expressed an interest in doing this
'someday' and wished he would have taken the time to do so at a much younger age. Immediately
I saw myself standing in the same place, saying the same thing in 30 years if I don't eventually
move beyond my proverbial backyard. On the other hand, what's common and near to you is far
and exotic to someone else.
US$11

bicycles available, excellent location - still in Philadelphia, but yet a get-a-away from the city

• Opinion of Price: least expensive
Tip Photo

• traveltom profile photo traveltom
  • Reviews: 49
Well, I'm not going to go on...

Well, I'm not going to go on with Philadelphia, because I live about 30 minutes west of Philly in Kennett Square, PA...literally 'Mushroom capital of the world.'
In Kennett, you should find a place to stay as far away as possible, because there are no hotels or motels here, and even if there were, they would probably be very dirty.
Stay in West Chester, PA, any hotel.

• Opinion of Price: