Marriott Philadelphia Airport

1 Arrivals Rd, Philadelphia International Airport, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, 19153, United States

Philadelphia Airport Marriott
Booking.com Marriott.com Travelocity

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

• spartan's Profile Photo

Reminds me of home

This hotel is like living at home. The rooms that I stayed in had a large sitting area, kitchen and bed.

Unique Quality: It also has complimentary continental breakfast, laundry valet, self-service laundry facilities, fax, copying, and safe deposit box at front desk. The guest room amenities include a work desk with lamp, voice mail, dataports on phone, cable/satellite television, in-room movies, newspaper delivered, full kitchen in all rooms, refrigerator in room, complimentary in-room coffee, iron and ironing board, hairdryer, cribs available and fireplaces in some rooms.

• spartan's Profile Photo

Awesome views of the city

Outstanding facility which pampers their guest. You have two views: North (skyline of Philadelphia) or South (Airport Runways, Delaware River or Delaware Memorial Bridge).

Unique Quality: They have thick glass for those rooms facing the runway because you can't hear the planes. This Marriott also has one of the best fitness facilities I've seen in a hotel.

Directions: Located at Philadelphia International Airport, connects via a skybridge from Terminal B.

More about Marriott Philadelphia Airport

LIBERTY BELL

by Sharrie

Buy the PHLASH day pass. As it happens, the hotel I stayed for the night (Marriott Philadelphia) was at the 1st stop (12th & Filbert Street, across from Reading Terminal Market) of this convenient & economical shuttle service which operates every 10-15 minutes. For a price of US$4 a day, I get to see the major attractions of Philadelphia!

Along its route, the first attraction is at Stop No. 4, which is the LIBERTY BELL. This pavilion forms part of the INDEPENDENCE NATIONAL HISTORICAL PARK where many park rangers are at hand to answer any question you have about the origin of the independence movement & the legacy of the Declaration of Independence.

The LIBERTY BELL symbolises the movement, the crusades' inspiration for liberty & freedom. It was first given the name by 19th century abolitionists who sought to end slavery. This very famous bell was originally cast in London, England & brought to Philadelphia in 1752 for the 50th anniversary celebration of the Pennsylvania's charter of privileges. The bell cracked at its 1st ring & was recast a second & third time. Thus the inscription of 'Pass & Stow' on the bell.

Official Site: NPS.gov. To stroll along the streets of Philadelphia is amounting to making one's way back in time & walking along the paths of the very famous & legendary Americans in the world. Imagine this, not so long ago, George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, Benjamin Franklin, John Adams & John Hancock were all here, struggling with the choices, directing the consequences & eternally changing the country's way of life & the world's destiny.

Somewhere in Time, what we hold dear today (freedom, independence & happiness) were given form here & the world was reborned. This to me is the most exciting feature of Philadelphia.

can't beat the convienience

by TripAdvisor Member jenaye

Stayed at the Philadelphia Airport Marriott for 1 night prior to a morning flight to the Bahamas. I live about 2 hours from the airport so it's nice to stay up there prior to a morning flight. I chose the Airport Marriott because of the ability to walk over to the airport in the morning. It just doesn't get any easier than that. I paid $129 for the night. Not a great deal, but still worth it to me for the location. We parked and left our car in the Marriott parking area. We paid $68 for parking and the car was parked Friday night until Wednesday afternoon. The hotel was standard. Check-in was fine, room was clean and sheets were actually quite soft. You just can't beat this location. I'd rate it standard, no raves, but no complaints.

Parking nightmare front desk incompetence

by TripAdvisor Member DEItlbfun

I stayed at the Philadelphia Airport Marriott for the convenience of getting up for a 6am flight and not having to get out in the cold catching a shuttle. The entire booking process was easy and I even used the Hotels online concierge to have some food ready in my room as well as extra pillows. All that was fantastic. The problem was the parking, which I see a lot of other people have had the same issue. I new the parking was going to cost $12.00, just as the inteernet states, but, as the other review stated, it really isn't $12, but $17.00 and you have to pay the hotel and the gate. When I arrived to park at the gate, my vehicle would not fit. It only allows for a six foot vehicle to enter. I would have never thought that a tahoe would be an oversized vehicle. My stupidity there I guess. So I called the front desk and asked where to go, I was told that oversized vehicles park in short term parking and that when I checked in, they would give me a pass to charge only the long term rate. The parking lot was not convenient to the Hotel, and did not offer a shuttle. So me, without a coat, ended up walking to the hotel in 20degree weather with a windchill of 5. I get to the hotel, still don't complain. I am told that the Manager is the only one that can give me the pass for my vehicle, but to go to my room and they will send it up. No problem. I go to the room, order some room service and get ready for bed. At 10:30pm, I start to fall asleep, I request a 4am wake up call. I forget all about the parking pass. I get a call from the fron desk just before 11pm. I am told that I have to move my car to another lot, they made a mistake and that I can't park in short term parking. I ask where am I to go. I am told to go to lot d or e. I ask to speak to a Mgr. I am told that they don't have one on during the night. I find it hard to believe that a company such as Marriott does not have a Mgr on duty on a Saturday night, in a hotel that is sold out to capacity almost every night of the year. I am told, well that is the case. I go to the front desk to get validated for the time that I was in the short term lot. She said she can't, only a Mgr can. Then she proceeds to tell me how tired she is and that man, it is going to be a long night. I just walked away. I drove around until 1am before I went to the Sheraton Suites and asked if I could pay and park there. The front desk girl told me to just park there and don't worry about it. She said if I did pay, it was ony $5 a night. What a bargain. I took the shuttle back to the Marriott, went to bed at 2am and got up for my 4am wakeup and 6am flt. This is going to make for a great business meeting this morning. The kicker is that Marriott put me on hold three times with their customer service department and never came back on the phone. I was never nasty, and never used any demeaning or loud language when talking to anyone. Even as tired as I was (and still am). The convenience of the hotel and the comfort of the bed are the only things that I can give a positive on. The staff and the treatment, the knowledge of the hotel by the staff and the policies are probably the worst I have ever seen in any hotel that I have ever stayed in. I won't be back... Sheraton Suites, I am sorry I ever left you!!!!!!!

Excellent hotel

Our flight to England from PHL was cancelled and after a night in a very sub-standard airport hotel courtesy of US Airways, we removed ourselves and 3 kids to the Airport Marriott for the second night of our enforced stay.

The Marriott is perfectly situated by Terminal B - you can walk there and push your luggage cart there without need for any transport. Despite the proximity the room was extremely well noise insulated. We could have been in the middle of the countryside for all the noise we heard.

The room was very comfy and clean and well-equipped. Housekeeping responded quickly to our request for an extra child bed.

Excellent lap pool and fitness facilities.

Buffet breakfast was excellent value, especially the kids' eat as much as you can for $5.95.

I thoroughly recommend this hotel.

Good choice for early flights but know where you are going

by TripAdvisor Member cleobeach

We had a 5:30 am check-in for a Saturday morning flight and chose the airport Marriott for its proximity to the US Air terminal.

We used a car service so I can’t offer any information on the parking situation/cost.

Nice, clean rooms. All of our special requests were met (crib, refrigerator, connecting rooms)

We had a very good meal at the on-site restaurant, which surprised us as we generally don’t like hotel bars/restaurants.

An item worth mentioning:

Know where you need to go and don’t rely on the hotel staff for directions. At check-in, I asked three different employees if we could walk, via the skyway, to the US Air International check-in counter. The answers were “yes”, “no, but a shuttle was available”, and “maybe.” I specifically inquired about the Terminal A International check-in counter, not the domestic counter.

It wasn’t until the next morning when my husband called the bell service that we were told not only could we not walk to our check-in counter (completely separate building from the main terminal), the shuttle services were fully booked for the early morning flights. Because we were ready to go prior to the first run, the bell service bumped us to the front of the line. It all worked out but it could have been a real fiasco had the bell service not gone the extra mile. (we were traveling with a baby, dashing through the airport with only a carry-on is no longer an option.)

Overall we felt the convenience was worth the price and would stay at the airport Marriott for future trips.

very very conveinent

by TripAdvisor Member railtraveler

Stayed at the Airport Marriott in mid May. We were up from Boston to see the Red Sox play. We picked the Marriott due to it's location being right at the airport and due to the fact that we had an early flight out on Sunday. We arrived on Friday morning at around 10:00 am and were hoping we would be able to check in early so we could do some sightseeing before the game. Well we were allowed to check in early, and check in was FAST and effecient. The room was fine, clean and comfortable. Windows were about 6 inches thick and doubled paned so we didn't here a thing from the ourside! My wife thought that the bed was the most comfortable bed she had ever slept on, which it was. We didn't have a car so I can't comment on parking. instead we took the train into the City, it runs every 30 minutes and is located right at the hotel. It costs only $5.00 each way and in about 20 min your right in downtown! Had breakfast one morining in the resurant it was good but a bit overpriced, we paid $20.00 for 2 bagles, 2 juices coffee and a side of bacon. Service was quick and efficeint though.

Over all the Airport Marroitt is a very convient place to stay nothing fancy. would stay here again

Ended my streak of perfect Marriott stays

I've stayed at many a Marriott over the past twenty years or so. Until this trip, I wouldn't have questioned their service, or the quality of the properties I had visited. With some business in Philly over the weekend of July 14th, I wanted to book a night at or near the airport prior to my long flight home the following day. I chose the airport Marriott.

Check in at least was fast and efficient. It took me seconds to get checked in and on my way. From there, things were below Marriott's standard. First, being an airport hotel, you would hope for a quiet room. I couldn't hear a sound from the outside. But from the inside, I heard every door that opened or closed, every voice from the hallway (and I was at the end of the hallway, with little foot traffic), and all the plumbing sounds from the room directly above. The noise didn't stop there. When my family called or when I made an outgoing call, in addition to conversation, I would hear a loud dial tone followed by a fast busy signal that faded to static, which recycled itself every couple of minutes during the conversation. Pretty annoying.

Next, my hope was to enjoy the "lap pool" pictured on Marriott's web page for the property. That picture is the one of the most deceptive bits of advertising I have ever seen in the hotel industry. It was taken from such an angle that one can't tell the pool isn't even ten feet in width. It's a long, narrow indoor pool with a slightly wider area at the entrance. Pack more than a few kids in the pool, and you can't even swim a few feet without an arm or a leg flailing into you. So I chose to pass on that idea.

Due to a change in plans, around 11PM, I phone the front desk and ask about a late check out. They tell me I have to wait until morning sounding as if I was annoying them. It was annoying to me to expect to wake up early to ask for a late checkout. Sometimes such needs aren’t always foreseen. One would expect a “decision maker” to be around 24x7 in a hotel.

By about 2AM, the sounds from the corridor and plumbing settled down enough for me to grab some sleep. At 8:00AM, housekeeping is pounding on my door. I stagger to the door, and tell them I had the do not disturb sign out. They say sorry, and I try to fall back asleep. Ten minutes later, the phone rings, and the front desk is saying I am not checked into the room. I assure them I am still very much there. They say sorry, and I try to fall back asleep. Five minutes later, another phone call--the manager--saying he's calling because they showed I wasn't in the room. He offers a breakfast voucher to make up for the trouble.

By that time, I couldn't get back to sleep, so I went down to pick up my voucher. The front desk staff knows nothing about it. I did get a free breakfast in the end but.....

....I expected none of this from a stay in a Marriott. I have traveled for years and have never been motivated to write tripadvisor before. Moreover, I have taught in the hotel industry for nearly two decades. I managed two properties, one of them a world class property, prior to that. I know what a challenging industry it is. I know mistakes happen. Alone, almost none of these events would have been cause for me to write this review or formally complain to a property. I'm not the type to complain about off color carpeting and ask for a comp room night, maybe because I have been on the receiving end. I don't abuse staff or yell at them--they aren't the ones who cause a property to "misfire" in the way this one did. Here is simply a property which I feel needs solid 24x7 leadership and direction (as well as an honest pictorial of their "pool" facilty ). I can't recommend this property, and that's a real shame since I always equated Marriott with top class in leadership, staff attitude, and attention to detail. The property is in an ideal location, and given the right attitude and maintenance can probably offer a great stay. That attitude comes from above--something Marriott has always been proud of. What challenges this property faces, I don't know.

One final item to note, is there's a blurb in the restaurant that they will charge a fee--a rather steep one, for people conducting business in the restaurant. I didn't have any business to conduct, but I have not heard of a property nickel and diming their business guests to this extent. Some of my best meetings have been over the course of a normal breakfast or dinner. It is cheap and unflattering to the hospitality industry to try to profit from that.

best choice at PHL, but still just okay

by TripAdvisor Member radio71

The hotels surrounding Philadelphia International Airport are, on average, bad (just read the reviews). The Sheraton is tired, the Embassy Suites is uneven, and the Renaissance is getting old and is difficult to access. The Marriott is the newest of the lot, and the most convenient (actually attached to the airport). Still, the rooms are small and already getting that "high traffic" look; the staff is average at best; the place is overrun with stranded passengers. Beds are its best feature, along with location. This is a below-average Marriott, but given the choices at PHL airport, it is still your best bet, by far. Check online rates - - they usually drop once you enter the 7-day range before your stay. $129 is about the best you can ever do.

Allies--Marriott Philadelphia DowntownAllies--Marriott Philadelphia Downtown

Parking at Airport Marriott

by rehsa

Does anyone know how much the daily rate is for the Airport Marriott?

Re: Parking at Airport Marriott

by PhillyBorn&Bread

The marriott is actually IN the airport. They have a section of the airport parking lot reserved for their guests. A non guest cannot use that area of the lot. If you are planning on being a staying guest ask them when you make your reservations. If you are flying out and thought you could use their lot, forgetaboutit. Also the multi level short term lot that is actually a part of the airport doesnt allow ovenight parking on the ground level. they do record every tag and they DO tow. Either use the long term lot or one of the many off site lots like Wally park or Express park. They are about ten bucks a day and very close to the port and have van service every few minutes to/from.

Comments