Omni Hotel At Independence Park

Orbitz.com Booking.com Expedia.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4.5 star hotels

• mattnadine's Profile Photo

great hotel

The Omni is the perfect hotel in the historic area of Phila. Great service, big rooms. You can easily walk to all historic sites. Buddakahn one of the best places to eat in Philly is a half a block down from the hotel.

• eight_08's Profile Photo

You may be disappointed...

My husband and I try to do a Philly overnight deal every winter in January, just for a change of pace. This is a city-wide promotion, which used to be offered only in the winter in order to attract tourists in the cold months but has expanded to the rest of the year, where you buy a Friday night at a participating hotel and get Sat. night free plus free parking and a little goodie bag upon checkin. The first place we stayed was the Omni, which, for a four-star hotel, was more than a little disappointing (the roach climbing up the lobby wall by the fireplace sort of clinched it). It was fairly shabby and just not that great. The location was excellent, though, right in the historic district near all the attractions and there is a Cosi coffee shop right across the street where we did breakfast, lunch, and snacks all weekend. It isn't a terrible place just not as nice as I'd expected.

Unique Quality: Location: walking distance to most historical attractions.

Great coffee shop right across the street that provides breakfast, lunch, and late-night fare.

Very nice view of Independence Park if your room is at the front of the building.

More about Omni Hotel At Independence Park

Good and bad

by TripAdvisor Member pondj

Stayed at the Omni from 14 January to 17 January. The location, staff, and food were excellent. However, several issues occured during our stay. When we made our reservations by phone, we were told (twice) our package included breakfast. The day after check-in we asked how to order breakfast from the package and were told it was not included. Nothing was done to rectify the situation or even offered. The other issue was the noise between 2 and 4am on Friday and Saturday night. My husband and I both could not sleep until all was calm. The hotel would be great if you could come during the week. There is so much within 2-3 blocks to see and do.

What a great place

I stayed at the Omni back in October with a couple of girlfriends for a fun weekend. I had just come in from Phoenix and was exhausted, but we had a great time. The Omni is the classiest hotel downtown and I felt proud each time we were walking down the street coming back to our hotel to walk in the door. Service was friendly and great all around...and they say people in Philly are mean! Whenever we needed a cab, the guys in the front were great and the room was outstanding. Breakfast was awesome also. Great service there too. Not to mention my cousin is one of the chefs. Had a great time!

Perfectly located and comfortable

by TripAdvisor Member clm2006

My husband, daughter and I stayed here overnight as we ran around Philly for two days. The hotel room was lovely, with great views of Independence Hall and the surrounding historic buildings. The beds were comfortable and the bathroom nicely stocked with little toiletries, hot water and a great shower head that massaged the aches away. They were great about parking and about holding our luggage as we tooled around. Most importantly, the location was perfect. A quiet street with beautiful buildings on all sides. A $5 dollar cab ride from the Italian Market and South Philly. Buses everywhere to take you to the museums, Rittenhouse Square, City Hall and the Masonic Temple. Within walking distance of China Town and the Reading Market. And really quite reasonable for the location and service. As we walked, we saw the other hotels that we'd researched. None of them were as well located or as cozy. They all looked like HUGE convention hotels. We'd stay at the Omni again. And Philly is great. We've decided we need at least four days to get a real taste of all it has to offer.

Excellent Hotel and Excellent Location

by TripAdvisor Member irmaly

We just returned from a four night stay in Philadelphia. We reserved a room at the Omni for a very reasonable price and were delighted with the staff, the accomodations, and the location of the Hotel. Note: all rooms ending in the number #11 are corner rooms and are larger and have more windows than the others. After we reserved our room, we called a few days before we arrived and asked the staff for a #11 room. And it was a GRAND room. Great views, walking distance to everything--Independence Hall and general environs, Reading Terminal Market, Chinatown.... This is the place to stay in Philly--and we are picky.

Great Location/Nice Hotel

Staff was very accomodating. Check in was 4pm, I called to say I was arriving earlier and they checked me in early. Saw the housekeeper in the hallway & got extra towels. Gale the Concierge was very friendly and helpful with directions. Harold the Doorman was also very friendly.
Room was comfy...enjoyed the little perks...2 robes, decaf coffee, herbal teas, umbrella (thankfully did not need to use it). Water pressure was great (despite reviews I read).
Pool area was clean, empty and needed a room key to enter. Water was good temperature. Had a sauna and jacuzzi also. Small workout room next to pool had a water cooler and television.
Downside...paid $28 for valet parking (some hotels include it). Takes them about 1/2 an hour to retrieve your car. One valet guy at night played with my seat settings and the radio (did he park the car or take it out for a ride...hmm?!!) I'd still use the valet parking despite those two minor issues. Also, found a few hairs in the bathroom area, couch, and bedding...not enough to gross me out, but they were there.
All in all, lovely place to stay.

Near the History - Serves the Purpose

by TripAdvisor Member J_and_A_1

If you want to be near the historic sites, Penn Landing, and the cool restaurants of the east end of Market Street, then this is the perfect hotel for you. Overall, the hotel is nice but I do have some issues with the room. We had one of the corner rooms that a previous reviewer mentioned, ending in 11. These corner rooms are large with three big windows and a view of Independence Hall. The biggest disappointment however, is the bedding. In this day and age of hotels pushing their duvets and luxury linens, the bedding at the Omni was nothing special and did not impress me as the proper bedding for a higher end hotel. The furniture in the room was fine but there were only two lamps in the rooms so it was a little dark even with all the windows. Also the bathroom door and connecting room door were metal with cheap looking knobs that took away form the look of the room. The bathroom was okay but no light in the shower area. The public areas are nice, as is the small pool but the workout area is a joke. This review may sound a little negative but overall this is a nice hotel, I am only pointing out what could be done to make it better. Besides, the staff is very nice and friendly and the smallness of the hotel is also plus.

Memorial weekend getaway

by TripAdvisor Member EDSALLKIDS

Decided to go away the last minute Memorial Day Weekend. Was very surprised when I called Omni reservations and found a hotel room available for a Sunday stay. Coming from Northern New Jersey we arrived early Sunday morning. The staff was very polite and helpful as they put all our bags in storage, preregisterd for our room which would not be ready till 4:00pm check in, and valet parked the car. The location in regard to the historic sites could not be any better, a walk up the block and you are at Independence park area. We were able to do a whole day of sightseeing before getting into our room all because of the hotel's hospitality.When we returned for our room at 4:00 we just had to pick up our key and our room was ready. It was a standard priced room, but larger than most as it had a king size which slept me, my wife, and the 2 year old baby. The sofa bed opened into a queen bed for my 7 & 10 year olds. A perfect room for families traveling. The only negatives, the indoor pool is only a lap pool and you have to pay for parking. Both of these are not that big a deal when dealing with big city hotels. Also wanted to add, the double decker big bus tour is well worth it, as it gives you a flavor for the rest of the city. An overall wonderful stay at the city of brotherly love.

Comments