Renaissance Philadelphia Airport Hotel

Orbitz.com Booking.com Expedia.com

Satisfaction Average

Rated 13% lower than similarly priced 4 star hotels

• ALWAYS EXCELLENT

Every year for the past six years Wilkes Productions Big Beautiful Women Pageant is held at the Renaissance Hotel ballroom. It has always been an excellent experience that we look forward to. My grandson and daughter always have fun! The room service, amenities and facility has always been excellent with no complaints. They are always accommodating and I would 100% recommend this to others and have done so.

I love this hotel because it IS NOT located in center city. Want to be close to center city??? Stay at a Center City Hotel; not hard to figure out.

Don't like the hotel (GSierra Gold) then stop coming back. You were here in 2009 complaining but you still stayed after they accommodated you with a suite (guess that was a clean area) and then you come back and stay again in 2011 (does not make sense). Any place that I feel the health department should be called, I would not stay at for one second. Your credibility is humorous.

Loved the hotel!

Unique Quality: Our rooms for over the past YEARS have always been CLEAN, COMFORTABLE and ACCOMMODATING! My grandson loves the pool and the room service. Our last room overlooked the pool which was actually great as he and his friends played in the pool area. The ballroom staff is very helpful during the pageant and have always went beyond what needed to be done. We are looking forward to the BBW pageant being held at the hotel this year and we will be there for two nights. Thank you for the suite and for the accommodations of the pageant guest and staff.

Directions: near airport, but still situated in a community where you can get take-out foods, etc.

• BorneoGrrl's Profile Photo

Comfortable beds, full breakfast & free wifi

The hotel may be a little out of town but it's good when you're on a roadtrip and need a place to park. Renaissance Philadelphia Hotel Airport has 349 spacious rooms with comfortable beds and complimentary parking. It's close proximity to the airport is convenient for business travelers who need a place to stay during a layover or who arrived in an inconvenient time.

I had a good sleep on their plush bed and the bathroom had wonderful toiletries. Complimentary highspeed internet via cable (also provided in the room) allows me to get online easily. Breakfast at The Sanctuary is a full buffet with lots to choose from and the service is great.

The hotel is value for money and good for those who doesn't need to be in Philadelphia city center to explore it.

• alsport's Profile Photo

Airport close

I was in Philadelphia on business but had a little bit of time to get out and see the historical sites of the city. Everything went well....until I needed a postage stamp. The hotel guide book (in the rooms) said I could get stamps at the hotel lobby. I asked but they didn't have any.
    When I got to my room, more than 12 hours later, I asked if I could buy a stamp. They still didn't have any.
    I know that's not a big complaint but for a chain of hotels that take pride in its customer satisfaction, I considered this a bad mark.

Unique Quality: I didn't like the fact that this place was so far from downtown and the historical part of town. It's great if you need to get to the airport but it cost me $30 in taxi fare to get into town from there. That was probably the only drawback.

Directions: It's by the Philadelphia International Airport. They have a shuttle but it's a good idea to call when you get into town so that the shuttle driver will know to look for you.

More about Renaissance Philadelphia Airport Hotel

Grubby interior but service outstanding

by TripAdvisor Member Pommefranate

We stayed for 3 nights at the Renaissance Hotel Philadelphia Airport for a wedding. We booked directly with the hotel's web site and were upgraded to a junior suite upon arrival. Although our room was quite grubby (stains on ceiling from air conditioning, wallpaper peeling off the walls, stains on carpet and fixtures loose), the staff's attitude was nothing but helpful and they clearly try to make up for their outdated interiors with warm smiles and other perks (we got a free drink and pretzel upon arrival, the upgrade itself and the front desk staff were outstanding). Actually, I also have to say that the bed and pillows were probably one of the most comfortable I've stayed on for a while,so that helped too! We ordered breakfast each day, which was of OK quality -- and ate in the hotel restaurant once (high prices, but the food was much better than room service). Overall, probably not to the standard that other Renaissance hotels are -- but I had a pleasant stay and woudl probably stay there again if in Philadelphia for convenience.

Great for a park and fly hotel

by TripAdvisor Member devilmebettie

This is the second time I stayed at the Renaissance and plan on staying there whenever I have an early flight from PHL. The check in process is always a breeze. I love the atrium. The hotel is always clean. The rooms are always clean and the beds are glorious. I love the views of the planes taking off and landing. The bar staff is great. Quick tip to anyone staying near the airport at any hotel: You need to eat at "Lehman's" down the road and order the London Broil. IT IS AMAZING!!!!

Great place to Stay in South Philly

by TripAdvisor Member stevo_man

This was a whirlwing trip to Philly. My wife bought tickets to the Flyers (I'm not going there), I have been a Flyers fan since I could skate at the age of 4. This trip seemed fitting sonce it was for my 40th.
We arrived on Saturday afternoon and were able to check in right away (3:00pm) the room was tastefully decorated, the bed was absolutely perfect - nice duvet, goose down pillows - it was great.
The room was very spacious and clean. Bathroom was clean and nice - although the old style bathtub could use replacing with a more modern fibrglass unit - it was still nice and clean though.
We drove down to Geno's Steaks and had the infamous Philly Cheese Steak Wiz & Onions - Hummm - was worth the trip to Philly alone. Off to the game..................back to the hotel (told you I wasn't going there) Back at the hotel we went into Trophies Lounge and had a couple of drinks - beer selection was limited - wife liked the Margarieta's though. We had the Quessadias off the menu there and they were really good. Service was ok, could use some friendlier guys working in there - and lose the Rap music that was playing.
My wife and I both slept great on the bed, it was very warm, cozy and clean smelling - nothing better than real fresh sheets. Room was nice and quite - suprisingly because the room overlooked the airport - could only hear the odd rumble - which didn't bother us.
The front desk staff were amazingly helpful and courtious. They helped with directions, the how toos. etc....
We would definitely stay there again.........!

Always a pleasant stay

by TripAdvisor Member BernieG

I've stayed at the Renaissance a number of times while doing business with a company in the office park across the street. The rooms have always been clean, the staff attentive and the restaurant serves a decent meal; a good thing since there are really no other options in the immediate area. If you do have a car there are some places to go within a 10-15 minute drive.
If I was on vacation in the Philadelphia area I would look elsewhere, but for my purposes, or if you need to stay fairly close to the airport, this hotel fits the bill.

We stay here alot, good choice for a night or two...

We have stayed here quite a few times the night before a big trip out of Philly International Airport.

The hotel is clean, service is very friendly, and for the business traveler they seem to have all of those amenities. We love using the parking rate and being able to park for the duration of our trip. And the free 24 hour airport shuttle is very convenient.

We ate at the restaurant on site and it was pretty good! No complaints there. The rooms themselves are typical 3 -4 star hotel rooms, but very clean which is what I look for.

My only complaint out of the 5 times I have stayed there, would be one time we asked for a 3:45 am wake up call and got a 3am wake up call, and could not fall back asleep. It was bad enough that our flight was early, we didn't really care to be up earlier than we had to be.

Other than that, I recommend this hotel for anyone looking for convenience and cleanliness in a hotel.

Hard to rate

by TripAdvisor Member schmutaki

Our stay started out great but had problems after we left! Nice comfortable rooms and good value. However, the pool area was not clean over the two days we stayed there. We complained to the manager a day after we left and he was nice and gave us 1000 extra Marriott points. Now for the interesting part. Two days after we stayed we noticed red spots all over my body, my son's body and my wife's body, but not on my infant daughter. Our pediatrician said they were spider bites! Could they have happened when we got home? Possibly, but not likelly. I can't prove it but I am sure we got them at the hotel. Overall a nice hotel, but with an experience like that, I wouldn't stay there again.

Very Nice Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member steph4

My family stayed here for one night before a flight out of Philly. Our room was very clean and recently renovated. The bed was beyond comfortable. My kids and husband enjoyed the pool and hot tub. We did order room service which was fast and very good. Overall this was a very nice hotel and we would definately stay here again.

Needs a renovation and staff retraining

by TripAdvisor Member Christopher1977

I stayed for three nights in early June to attend training. The hotel is in terrible shape and many staff members were really nasty--some were nice, though. The elevators were constantly out of service. The rooms are old and outdated and on one night there was no air conditioning in the hotel at all. The pool was dirty...and the staff was rude, rude, rude. The front desk clerks were not nice at all and didn't even say thank you when I checked out. Some employees were very nice and the front desk manager Marietta was really nice and tried to make things much better and did give me a free breakfast.

On the positive side, the room was clean, the amenities were nice and the linens were nice. It is just an old property and needs a major facelift and staff retraining.

Comments