One East Penn Square, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, 19107, United States

Orbitz.com Booking.com Travelocity

• eight_08's Profile Photo

NIce Place to Stay, especially an extended stay

I liked this hotel. We spent a weekend there last year and it was very clean, nicely decorated, and the suite was really very nice. Three of us stayed in one room, two on the bed and one on the fold-out couch in the living area. The location is good--right near Reading Terminal Market and City Hall and a short taxi-ride to the museum district. We were very happy there and would stay there again.

Unique Quality: Close to Reading Terminal Market, a must-see attraction in Philly.

More about Residence Inn Philadelphia Center City

Very convenient, comfortable -- pool small, food mediocre

by TripAdvisor Member amwdew

We stayed in this hotel several days with two small children, and it worked great for a family. The suite, though not large, was very comfortable and clean and was made up promptly every day. The hotel staff will go grocery shopping for you -- at no extra charge -- this way you can really use the little kitchen. And the hotel was extremely convenient for sight-seeing in downtown Philly -- easy walk to Independence Hall, Chinatown, Reading Terminal Market, etc., and easy to get the "Phlash" trolley (right in front of the hotel) that takes you around to tourist sights. Main drawbacks were: TINY pool (nice and warm, though), and very mediocre food, especially at the afternoon "receptions." No alcohol served at those, and the food was very unappealing (meatballs, iceberg lettuce, etc). Breakfasts were better, but not great. Limited offerings of fruit, chewy Belgian waffles. If food were improved, I'd have given this five stars. Still, a great value for central Philly.

Not so clean but good location

by TripAdvisor Member jensamsmom

We picked the Residence Inn based on the reviews here but we had some problems. We stayed at the hotel with our toddler for 4 days. The room, though quite spacious, was not particularly clean, especially the bathroom. The room was not made up until 3:00 in the afternoon on two of the days we were there. The breakfast was subpar to even standard hotel fare. The pool was small and the pool area was not as clean as others and often lacked towels. But the suite was large and the location cannot be beat.

Wonderful Stay

by TripAdvisor Member MLGray

Stayed here over last weekend and it was Fantastic! It met my expectations during my stay and would really like to be back there again. Housekeeper was nice and friendly and did the job done. Once again...Loved it

good but pricey

by TripAdvisor Member family1997

Was in a great location. Electricity was out when we got there but that was the only glitch. We checked our bags and went to see the sights. Did not realize until we reached our next destination that we were missing a bag that was checked. When I called to ask about this the hotel staff member was very helpful and knew which bag I meant, she shipped it asap to our home.
Only downside was the pool it was very small and the exercise room was HOT. No air moving, making it impossible to do cardio workout. Breakfast was great, staff was good.

a 2+ star hotel, expensive for the services

by TripAdvisor Member dawnfawn

There are three Marriott's next to each other. I picked this one because it offered breakfast. The breakfast was ok. The food was powdered eggs, meats, toast and waffles, but it was all available only on plastic plates with plastic utensils. It was like grade school. The rooms are funny shaped and the bathroom door barely clears the toilet. Also the tubs are dangerously slick. The airconditioner is motion activated and sometimes goes off at odd times. The rooms are shabby and the noise level from the street is loud even on the ninth floor. The elevator is scary and hard to operate it seems to have a mind of its own. There are so many security warnings that I was scared to stay there. Parking is outrageous.

our home for a few months

by TripAdvisor Member eandjbog

We are staying in Phila for the holidays close to family the residence inn is perfect, wonderful staff, housekeeping is over and above, the breadfast has everything you need. I am writing this after almost a month stay and still find only good thing to say the beds are soooooo comfortable, the social hour mon tue wed is free so hard to complain they serve light fare on thurs desserts,magnetic cards for elevator and room can sometime loose the ability to function so I've made a few trips to the front desk ofcourse I am a longer stay than average I highly recommend

Disorganized Hotel Overcharged Me

by TripAdvisor Member liqdstar

I stayed at this hotel in October and they somehow lost my reservation (although I reserved directly with them and not through a secondary site). Upon arrival, they booked a new room for us, and guaranteed that we would not be charged for two rooms (the lost reservation plus the new booking).

Somehow, three months later, I AM STILL DISPUTING A SECOND ROOM CHARGE!!

Stay away from this place. Customer service is horrendous. Their mistake, yet now I cannot get them to remove the extra room charge, which THEY LOST!

And unfortuntely I made the mistake of charging it on a card other than Amex, so now I cannot even get the card to remove the extra charge.

Other than my horrible billing/lost reservation situation, the room was nice (spacious), and breakfast was a good value, but the hotel is not worth the aggravation at all.

Great Stay!

by TripAdvisor Member Laurie56

We stayed with our college-age daughter who was in town for a job interview, and we had a great time. The room worked out well for us - bedroom with a great bed and bedding for us, and our daughter had the living room/hide-a-bed. The high ceilings lent a spacious feel to the room, and it was so handy to have a fridge and microwave. The staff was very friendly and helpful - from the front door to the front desk to the breakfast crew. We found a good deal online, so it was a fairly reasonable price to stay right downtown. Would stay there again in a heartbeat!

Great location and breakfast

by TripAdvisor Member lscsdavis

Stayed in the Residence Inn for a college visit. Best part is the the location - our room looked out at the Ben Franklin statue on City Hall immediately across the street and Market St. is on the other side. The room was adequately sized but oddly shaped so we had to move furniture to open the sleeper couch. Nice thing about this and other Residence Inns - full bed plus sleeper couch so 4 can stay comfortably, full kitchen and free breakfast. Breakfast was better than most free buffets with scrambled eggs, sausage, pancakes and make your own waffles along with fruit, cereal and rolls/muffins and pastries. Parking is expensive ($32 / day) but we didn't see any alternatives in the immediate area that were any cheaper. You also have to wait 20-30 minutes to get your car out of the garage so call ahead before you head downstairs. Overall a good hotel for downtown Philly.

Comments