Rittenhouse 1715, A Boutique Hotel

1715 Rittenhouse Square Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, 19103, United States

Booking.com Expedia.com Jetsetter.com

• Treefrogfloyd's Profile Photo

Nice place, but name is misleading!

My husband and I stayed at the Rittenhouse Square Bed and Breakfast in January 2002 for our wedding anniversary. We had a nice time there, but I would not recommend it for anyone looking for a true B&B experience. It really is more like a hotel, as there is a front desk, and we had a continential breakfast in the morning (in a true B&B, the owners cook for you!) We had a REALLY nice room, it was clean and comfortable, the staff was friendly, and it was in a safe neighborhood, but the name is definately misleading!

Unique Quality: Small facility with only 10 rooms, and the homey setup in the lobby do contribute to a more intimate feel than a larger hotel.

Plush bathrobes provided in the rooms - very warm and luxurious!

Directions: Near Rittenhouse Square. We had some difficulty located the piece of side street that the inn was located on, so be sure to ask for directions when you make the reservation, and keep their phone number handy on your trip over.

More about Rittenhouse 1715, A Boutique Hotel

Blizzard of Dec 26, 2010 - Philly Style

by garridogal

"Beating the Storm"

I got the last ticket on an earlier flight out of Boston. I snapped this at 10:58 am at Logan Airport in Boston, from my seat as it was boarding. I had no idea what to expect from the flight, the storm or the trip. I felt such a rush at heading out at the start of this major storm that it made me realize that I must be ready for some real adventure travel!

"Philly: I Made it!"

The pilot zipped along at a faster-than-usual pace and got us to Philadelphia in 45 minutes. My first stop there was for lunch (as the first stop on any trip should be!) at 1:54. The snow was coming down steadily by now but it wasn't too heavy or windy yet.

"Progression"

By the time lunch was over it was a different story. Just walking over to my friend's car, half a block down the street, felt like a labored trek. So our next stop was to spend a couple of hours at the center-city townhouse of the couple that we had lunch with. This was taken at 3:36.

"Rooftops 'n Flakes"

It was cozy and warm inside. At 4:30ish I took some more photos out the window to record the accumulation. The neighborhood is gorgeous and historic and looked even prettier in the snow.

"Guage"

I took this photo right after the one above. Looking at their outdoor area you can really tell just how much snow had fallen by then.

"Trekking..."

By 5:30 we headed over to the hotel where our other friends were staying. It was a slow drive and the streets weren't very crowded at all by now.

"But wasn't it pretty?"

My friends stayed at the Rittenhouse 1715 Hotel. We met them and chatted for a while before heading out for drinks and dinner. By 6:22 it was a bonafide snow-storm, turning it into postcard pretty perfection!

"Call me Yeti"

Or fool in the snow... (Approx 10:30 or 11:00ish. I didn't take this.)

Comments