201 N. 17th & Race Streets, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, 19103, United States

Satisfaction Average

Rated 11% lower than similarly priced 4 star hotels

• jelw's Profile Photo

This is about location

Sheraton City Center - is all about location. The hotel itself has seen better days.

Our experience may not be everyones. The room was booked through Hotel.com at a low price, this may have been reflected in the overall quality of the floor we were on. The hotel was oversold so we could not be moved from our room. The management truly made an effort to make our stay comfortable. They offered the staff to come and re-clean the room and take care of the broken piece of furniture. The comfortable beds and the bath were all clearly clean and fresh.

The pool and gym area are in dire need of renovation. It appears they are in the early stages of preparing for this.

The Hotel has much promise, great location & some good staff.

Unique Quality: Location, location, location

Directions: Museums and Center City

• kooka3's Profile Photo

Really comfy beds!!

I stayed here during a conference in January. The lobby is really spacious and nicely desiged with a multi-level area that makes it feel huge. The employees were excellent, especially since they were dealing with a huge number of people coming and going during the conference. Everything was so well organized.

I particularly loved the beds. They were so comfortable, and the pillows were just right - enough support but soft. I've been at some places where the pillows were so soft it was like nothing was there.

Unique Quality: If you're on the right side of the building, you can see the Cathedral Basilica of Saints Peter and Paul and look right up Benjamin Franklin Parkway - great views!

This is a good location for a hotel - walking distance to a lot and close to a subway stop.

• solopes's Profile Photo

Excelent Deal

We stayed at Wyndham Franklin Roosevelt Plaza (Sheraton), for an "impossible" rate of $75. A good four stars, well located, that now rates $125 and up was a great deal.

Even at a regular price, the hotel is a good solution. We arrived late in the night, with the restaurant already closed, but the bartender helpfully gave us a number to a pizza seller that in (many) minutes took it to the hotel.

• Great Location and View

We called about an hour before we were hoping to arrive in Philly and we had a few specific requirements. Hotel had to have parking and a pool. This one had both AND it was one of the more reasonably priced hotels in Philly!

Unique Quality: Pool, Well equipped gym, awesome view, close to everything.

Directions: 16th Street

• Disastrous stay

My company just held a conference here, and our experience was terrible. Our employees had numerous check-in problems (e.g., key cards didn't work, people given keys to the wrong rooms [several of our employees walked in on strangers], at least one person was not booked for the whole three days [i.e., she had no place to sleep on the third night], etc.). Hotel staff were rude whenever we reported any problems. Many of the rooms had dirty towels on the floor when we arrived. At least one welcome basket (for executives) was sent to the wrong room. Room equipment was substandard or hazardous (e.g., numerous hair dryers didn't work, one of our employees found broken glass in the bottom of his coffee pot, etc.). The hotel double booked one of our conference rooms, so we had to share it with another company. On the night of the big social event, Franklin Wyndham was supposed to provide shuttle service to the restaurant every fifteen minutes. The first shuttle left right on time, but the next shuttle didn't show up for an hour and a half. Overall, it was a terrible hotel experience.

Directions: Close to Philadelphia Convention Center

More about Sheraton Philadelphia City Center Hotel

Beyond Disgusting

This Wyndham is disgusting. Mold in the shower, a chair so dirty and stained you wouldn't sit on it, and the carpet appeared never to have been cleaned. The TV remote and the hairdryer were broken. There was no clock and when I called the wake-up call number, I got a busy signal.
It will be a long time before I stay in a Wyndham hotel again.

Checked out of the Lowes and came here...staff much nicer

I had stayed at the Lowes then checked out...glad I did...this was not all that bad..actually pretty nice...they are renovating the place so I am sure that soon they are even going to be nicer...can't wait to stay there again and stay in the new rooms....for the price it was fine.... it has a lot to offer and is only a cab ride away from everything...I will go back.

just 'ok' for the price

Booked through expedia at a fairly reasonable cost, so I can't complain too much. Location was great... short walk to the Art museum which is a must for any visitor to Philly. The Four Seasons Hotel is around the corner, and we had lunch in their more "informal" of the two dining rooms...best meal of my life, and not overpriced. Too bad the rooms aren't in my league price-wise, or I'd stay there too. On to the negatives... Wyndham needs a renovation, the rooms look worn and outdated. The lobby is less attractive than many hospital foyers I have seen, and there never seemed to be staff around except the front desk clerks. The biggest problem was that our room had an adjoining door to the next room and, had we not tried hard to block it out, could have heard each word of our neighbors' 4 am quarrel...

Stay Elsewhere

by TripAdvisor Member GMoney8822

Never Again! One of the dirtiest Hotels I've ever stayed in. Empty beer bottles in the elevator and lobby from the night before. Dirty Bathroom....And it sounded like the room next door was being used by a prostitute, she was going all night. Front desk was of little help. We left early so we could go home and get some sleep. I have yet to get a response from Wyndham to my emailed complaint. Do yourself a favor and stay elsewhere!GM

DO NOT STAY HERE!

by TripAdvisor Member viajeelmundo

This must be one of the dirtest hotels I have ever stayed. I had the bed sheets removed twice when I checked in because they were dirty. The bathrooms needed to be remolded due to leaks from the bathrooms above.
My towels were never clean and the rug looked like it had never been vaccuum. This hotel lacks security of an kind, people can walk in and out with no questions asked. The staff and services at this hotel need serious improvements and the room rates are ridiculous.

Not for me

I read some of the negative reviews about this hotel and chose to ignore them. Unfortunately, I should have heeded their advice. There were two good things about the hotel-- the view and the price. However, it was not worth what we had to put up with. We requested a king room but got a double. Maybe that just happened to be bad luck but what the hotel does have control over are the following things that did not meet up to our expectations for an acceptable hotel stay: (1) The bathroom was outdated. The sink either had cold or very hot water, there was no in between. The water pressure was so high that the water would spray all over the counter and the sink would fill up so quickly that you would have to shut the water off and let it drain just to finish rinsing your hands. (2) Two out of the four pillowcases were stained with makeup- Gross (this was the worst issue for me because I am always paranoid that the sheets haven?t been cleaned so the stains disturbed me). (3) There were some unidentifiable crusty spots on the carpets as well as a cigarette burn in a non-smoking room. (4) The heater was loud and would cycle on and off for 30 seconds every few minutes. (5) The elevators were slow. (6) The housekeeping staff had their carts and other items spread out in an obstacle course in the hallway. Overall, I would suggest trying to find another hotel in the Philadelphia area.

Comments