4101 B Island Avenue, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, 19153, United States

Sheraton.com Orbitz.com Booking.com

Satisfaction Poor

• keida84's Profile Photo

A Suite Deal

Addendum: January 2008: This hotel is undergoing extensive renovations. When I booked this hotel there was no information regarding this construction otherwise I would have never booked with them. The rooms although very clean are quite shabby and in a sad state of disrepair. We spent 2 nights there but on our return leg of our trip we stayed at the Hilton Airport hotel which was a great improvement over the Sheraton. Hopefully the hotel will be restored to its former glory but until then book a room at the Hilton or the Embassy Suites and for the budget minded, The Microtel.

We had previously used the Sheraton Suites in January of 2004 for a trip back East. We arrived later than expected but the Sheraton had our room ready and waiting. We went downstairs to the Atrium Restaurant and enjoyed a delightful meal. That night I attached the "Early Riser" room service card to the front of our with an order for pot of coffee and a glass of milk. (My husband requires mass quantities of caffeine to get started in the morning). Well to make a long story short I never got my coffee despite calling room service,( there was no answer) & then finally the front desk), just a knock on the door with an employee holding a blow dryer who smiled sweetly and said, "Here is the blow dryer you requested". I set him straight and told him I was waiting for coffee. About 15 minutes later the phone rang it was the front desk inquiring whether or not I got my blow dryer.
    *sigh*
    Somewhere in that hotel was a lady with wet hair enjoying my coffee.

Unique Quality: The Sheraton Suites Philadelphia Airport is located just off Interstate 95, one mile from the Airport, offers complimentary airport shuttle transportation. The hotel is just eight miles from downtown Philadelphia, the Liberty Bell and the marketplace. This hotel is great for the business or leisure traveler. The hotel offers round the clock complimentary airport shuttle service which was one of the reasons I chose to stay there.

All guest rooms consist of 2 rooms: the living room and the master bedroom offer Internet access and a coffeemaker, and the Sheraton Sweet Sleeper Bed. This bed has a plush top, crisp cotton sheets, soft duvets and blankets, and fluffy feather down and hypoallergenic pillows. What amazes me is you can purchase this bed for $1100.00 and it comes with a choice of colors for your duvet! The Sheraton Suites also offers a business center, the Atrium Café, and added benefits are the pool and a 24-hour fitness facility. Oddly enough, for guests traveling with a dog, the Sheraton offers the Sweet Sleeper Dog Bed.

• spartan's Profile Photo

Pampered elegance

Just five minutes by complimentary shuttle from Philadelphia International, The Sheraton Suites Philadelphia Airport offers easy access to downtown business, shopping and cultural attractions including Independence Hall.

Guest suites are elegantly appointed and functional for business travelers who will appreciate voicemail and in-room data ports as well as fax and photocopy services. After a long day, play volleyball or basketball, unwind with a whirlpool in the fitness center and enjoy steaks and Mediterranean bistro specialties in the Atrium Cafe.

Unique Quality: When I was last there, it was the Westin Suites and they had 'turn-down' service. A hotel representative knocks on your door and asks if you want your bed turned down. I didn't know any better and told her sure. She came in and pulled down the covers of this very comfortable bed and left chocolates on the pillows...Pure luxury!!!

More about Sheraton Suites Philadelphia Airport

Disgraceful

by TripAdvisor Member Ray Goldberg

For a supposidly upmarket hotel, this is the pits. Sure the rooms are big but the furniture is old and needs replacing. Mould in the bathroom, a leaking toilet,lack of toiletries and very few TV Channels. Was not told about the $5 per night parking charge. There are no other restaurants around so I was forced to pay extremely high prices for very mediocre food.The ONLY good point is the bed is comfortable. All in all, I,as a very frequent traveller,could not recommend this hotel at all

Sheraton Suites good stay

by TripAdvisor Member Steve284

Stayed at the Sheraton Suites on Nov. 5th for it's stay and park on our way to Disney. The room was a little worn but clean, spacious and comfy. Bedroom with King sized bed, living room with pullout sofa and we had an extremly comfortable rollaway delivered. The hotel itself was nice, atrium style. Staff was friendly and the shuttle to and from the airport was worth the price by itself. No waiting, calling for pickup etc. Your limited in dining choices, but the Sheraton Four Points is next store and the Hilton was a 2 min. stroll. I can see no complaints for our stay. Those wanting 5 star interrior design need to compare the 5 star prices to the relative low price of this hotel!!!

Very nice hotel for a househunting trip

by TripAdvisor Member BusTraveler32

I and my wife stayed two nights at this hotel during our househunting trip in September 2005. The hotel was very clean and we were given a very nice "preferred guest room" for Starwood Preferred Guests. (Both my previous and current employers participate in this program). I used my points so basically we got a nice suite with living room on a high floor for free. My wife was very happy and we really enjoyed the stay. You do need to have a car in case you want to go out for lunch and dinner. There are not any outside restaurants near-by so you may need to drive a bit. But the quality and cleanliness of the room were really nothing to complain about.
The staff was very courteous. The bed was very comfortable. Parking was also free (not sure if it is only free to "preferred guests"). It really gives you what you need for a hotel. But if you want something fancier or if you want to stay at a more convenient location, you may want to look for a more upscale hotel probably around the King of Prussia shopping mall.

Decided NOT to stay there on our return Journey

by TripAdvisor Member Sandra093

We booked a month ahead on the Inernet for one night and requested a double room with 2 beds. When we arrived the Receptionist seemed to have trouble finding our Booking.

Eventually she did find it but said she could only let us have a room with one bed. The exact same thing happened 3 years ago but we just thought it was a perhaps an oversight on the Hotels part. Just one of those things which we accepted.

We had just flown in from the UK on an 8 hour flight so we accepted the room because we were both tired. The door handle was hanging off the outside of the door leading to the Balcony. The water ran cold on the red marking of the Shower and hot on the cold marking. The shower head had been pulled away from the wall and the water wouldnt stay in the sink due to a faulty plug. The "suite" was shabby and the room looked as though it hadnt been cleaned properly or recently.

We could have complained but quite honestly we were really tired and neither of us could be bothered. We had traveled a long way and all we wanted to do was rest.

The Ground Floor is clean and pleasant. The Restaurant Food is very good unfortunately the Rooms let this Hotel down. They are in need of re-furbishment. My husband filled in a Questionaire and handed it to a Receptionist but a month has gone by and we have heard nothing.

We decided to book into the Marriott at the Airport on our return from Florida. It is a little more expensive but well worth it. I have no hesitation in recommending the Marriott.

Not recommendable

by TripAdvisor Member Ollio

Stood there during a overnight-stop on our way from Hamburg to the BVI.
Large suites, but you can not deny the long time since the last renovation.
Just very small food choice in the restaurant (and, hey..20% service surcharge ?).
Had some strange occurence during the night: visit and call of pretended hotel employees which wanted to have my credit card again...with hindsight, this was an attempt to defraud.
Stood in a different hotel on our way back.

Disaster!

by TripAdvisor Member leigh147

Stayed there on a thursday night before our flight on friday. Two adults two kids, spacious suite but one problem: no parking! literally there was no parking! there were cars completely double parked, blocked in etc. Apparently, in an effort to increase revenue, a lot of hotels in the airport area are offering "Stay and Park" package, where for an extra twenty bucks, you can park your car there for the length of your stay. Unfortunately, for them, the math doesnt add up, and you have a situation where guests like us, who are parking in the airport parking, dont get a space. When the front desk was confronted with this, the lady empathised with me and said "its crazy isnt it?" So, i ended up parking in a mud field, over a mile away and worried that my car was going to get towed all night. Luckily it wasnt. Starwood does have a satisfaction guarantee so when i squawked the next morning, they were ready to offer me 2500 starwood points, whatever that is. I said fine, but i told them when you go to an airport hotel, you do not expect parking to be a problem.

OK if you like the idea of a suite

This is a nice enough hotel conveniently located near the airport (5 minutes from downtown Philadelphia). The rooms are modern and nicely decorated. Since they are suites, there is a sofa and coffee table in every room, and two TVs. The bed was king-sized, and was very comfortable.

The hotel itself has a popular restaurant which does great food and a bar for a drink afterwards, but as it was in the atrium it was rather cold there and lacked that cosy feel. The hotel decor is rather outdated and could do with re-decorating and modernizing.

If you like the idea of staying in a suite, then this is an ideal place to stay.

Tip: Watch out for the hotel entrance – if you miss it, you’ll be back on the expressway with no place to turn round for about 5 miles (and you’ll have to find the place all over again).

nice place but some lazy, slow and unresponsive staff

by TripAdvisor Member chris_schene

I stay in Philadelphia regularly (about 120 days in the last 12 months) and I stay at the local airport hotels because they are in a price range my company can afford.

I have stayed at the Sheraton Suites PHL off and on for a total of 5 weeks now and some clear patterns have started to emerge.

(1) The hotel has a cafe and I believe there is one at the local four points, though I have never tried that one. The food at the suites is generally OK (not great), while the restaurant service is slow and the restaurant staff is not particularly attentive or service oriented. I do like the buffet breakfast that is offered with my corporate rate

A dinner entree will cost you upwards of 30 and the selection is limited: There is a Chilis on nearby Oregon avenue that offers good meals for about half the price.

(2) The front desk staff, with a few notable exceptions, is lazy, slow and unresponsive. They never greet me or thank me for staying as is done at most Starwood hotels and when I ask for something, such as validated parking or breakfast coupons, they actually seem quite irritated to be bothered with my request. I have asked to check out late at 4PM, as is my Starwood Gold privilege and they always give me a slight hard time about it.

I find it rather amusing that when the manager is around, the front desk staff employees perk up, smile, move faster and act like they are service oriented but when he is no longer around, they return to the same sour, grumpy faces with a “why are you bothering me” look along with their typical slow response to guests.

(3) The fitness room is about average for the local 3 star airport hotels: there is an exercise cycle (which seems to be falling apart), stair climber and low end treadmill that is on its last legs and a universal gym. It is about equivalent to the local Hampton and Embassy Suites I often stay at.

For a real eye candy treat, the Philadelphia Eagles cheer leaders work out, in season and pre-season, at the local South Philadelphia Bally fitness center.

(4) The rooms I have stayed in have a good sized mini refrigerator and there is one low power (so cook longer than the instructions indicate) microwave on each floor that seems to be cleaned each day. Because there are no other restaurants nearby I buy frozen dinners and I ask to stay near the microwave so I can cook those meals conveniently.

There is an ACME supermarket and several shop rites nearby where you can buy groceries. The ACME is

(5) The dry cleaning costs seem to be a bit lower than those at the airport embassy suites: Might save you some money if you are staying for a while.

(6) I like the rooms and find them quite spacious with sufficient storage space and luggage racks. The bed is very comfortable. The sun light shines through the roof during the day and creates a nice ambiance.

Comments