301 Chestnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, 19106, United States

Booking.com Travelocity eDreams

Satisfaction Terrible

• Best value and service!

Me and my wife stayed at this hotel for 3 days and on the contrary of what people say, we loved it !
    Sheets were crisp and clean, girls in the office are really nice and helpful and they did everything they could to make our stay enjoyable.
    True, the place is old but as they told me, the hotel is under new management and they slowly started renovating. Our room was little and cozy. Ben Franklin room. We had running hot water, cold water and were treated very nicely. I'd recommend this place to couples and single travelers for the simple fact that is affordable, clean and you get what you paid for your money! Thank you girls at SHH!

Unique Quality: Historical place. 180 years old. Close to everything in Old City. Really nice places to see around.

• The Most Disgusting Hotel in the City

This is an old building on top of a bar. It is poorly maintained and the staff is rude and incompetent. It is a dangerous place to stay. When we arrived at 3:30pm the room was a war zone with blood drops on the bed, debris scattered all over, and mold in the bathroom. The manager told us that the maid called in sick----they didn't need a maid----they needed a bulldozer to clean that place. Avoid this place-----do not be duped by its convenient location. Sleep on the street , before you use this disaster.

More about Society Hill Hotel

My First Trip Up North

by engeluna

"Dear Old Philadephia"

Since flights were so cheap to Philadelphia this summer (I paid only $48 +tax), I couldn't pass up the opportunity to take advantage and travel up North, a place previously unknown to me. After begging many people to come along, I was delighted to have my best friend Elizabeth accompany me. We planned for about 2 months in advance, waiting with bated breath for our mini vacation and a chance to let loose in the city of Philadelphia. It was to be an adventure and I couldn't have brought along a better travel companion.

When we arrived, we immediately went to our hotel, a quaint little bed and breakfast called Society Hill Hotel. The rooms were small but full of character. And we took our first day to explore South Street and dine in a retro diner.

From trip was off to a wonderful start (more details to come). The city was teeming with activity. The food was wonderful and I couldn't resist bringing a few cheese steaks back home with me to NC. There was so much to do and see in Philadelphia and I shall have to return soon to discover more. After all, I missed the Edgar Allen Poe House, and what literary buff can pass that up? Hopefully the flights will remain inexpensive and Elizabeth and I can return again soon.

Comments