Sofitel Philadelphia

Expedia.com Booking.com Orbitz.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 5 star hotels

• zanne08's Profile Photo

Spacious Guest Rooms

Unique Quality: the Sofitel Philadelphia offers travelers access to all major venues within walking distance. Nearby to Rittenhouse Square, the best of the City of Brotherly Love is laid out at your feet from the Sofitel. Spacious guest rooms featuring hypoallergenic featherbed and luxurious marble bathrooms await you. Should you need guidance, the concierge is on-hand 24-hour to assist you.

• Sue08080's Profile Photo

French Style

As I live in the area, I have not stayed here, but the Sofitel gets great reviews. If you prefer "Center City" to the historic area, the Sofitel would be a good choice. It is very near Rittenhouse Square and Walnut Street, where you will find the best stores and restaurants.

You can still walk to the historic area of town in one direction, and to the Art Museum, in the other.

Look for deals such as two for one nights which are common.

• sweetee's Profile Photo

A little bit of Europe in Center City Philly

I love the Sofitel chain. I have only been to the ones in New York and Philly and I would recommend them both. I stayed in The modern Zen decor of the nice-sized rooms are always pretty and relaxing. With the French-speaking staff, his is the hotel I would go to get that traveled afar feeling right in my home town. (My Sofitel stays have been short getaways from the suburbs into the city.) Great value if you want to splurge a little but not too much.

More about Sofitel Philadelphia

love the Sofitel!

Sofitel Philadelphia is a gem! My husband and I spend three days there in May and found it superb. We booked online and got a great Internet rate while also registering for a Sofitel Priveleged guest card which allowed us to get a very late check out (3pm) at no extra charge and probably helped us to receive an unexpected room upgrade (also no charge). Our room was huge and beautiful as was the bathroom. Room service was surprisingly yummy. The hotel is in a great neighborhood within walking distance of almost everything. Staff was attentive and discreet. We would definitely return and give their other properties a try.

Wonderful Stay in Philly

by TripAdvisor Member Tim2458

Each year, I attend a conference in Philadlephia, which is, unfortunately, held at the Radisson Warwick Hotel. After two very bad experiences staying at that very substandard hotel, but still wanting to attend this conference, I came to TripAdvisor to look for something better. The favorable Sofitel reviews are on the money. I brought my 84-year old mom, who stayed in the room, watching TV and movies, while I attended meetings. We were given a very large room, with a beautiful bathroom featuring great bath products. The staff could not have been more accommodating or polite. Central location convenient to many dining and shopping options, comfortable beds, immaculately clean, and an excellent restaurant, uncrowded for breakfast, which, while hotel-priced, was delicious. In sum, STAY HERE when in Philly.

surprisingly upscale

by TripAdvisor Member tymelyron

we have stayed here last October and this May and have had an enjoyable experience each time; the hotel is centrally located downtown in the former stock exchange building, which was totally rehabbed into a hotel; valet parking was very prompt, and the rooms are very nice, especially for the reasonable weekend rates; the bathrooms are especially great, with luxury amenities; the rooms are quiet, and the beds comfortable; we would stay here again, without question.

Just wonderful

by TripAdvisor Member tbevis

My husband and I just returned from a few days at the Sofitel. I must send out my highest recommendation to anyone looking for a wonderful place to stay. We lived in the Society Hill area of Philly many years ago, and sometimes return to visit, so we know the city...the Sofitel's location is perfect for everything, so we decided to try it. I'd read a couple of reviews describing the rooms as "cramped". I can't speak for the standard rooms, but our Junior Suite was very spacious, and really couldn't have been nicer. I kept walking around the room saying "I LOVE this room". The design was perfect...both living area and bedroom had access ot the bath, which was marble, had a glass shower and separate tub....plus real orchids in a vase! A great bathroom! And, the bed was a tower of fresh linens and 6 inches of puffy feathers, and exquisite. And the service! Wow! From the moment you walk in the door, every single person is programmed to say "Yes Mam, or Yes Sir" to any request. In short, the hotel was just great, and I'll be back there next time. I guess if there was anything not quite perfect, it was the restaurant. While the service and presentation were super, my salmon was overcooked, and the lobster bisque was just ok. But the continental breakfasts delivered to the room were fabulous, as well as the cheesburger I ordered late in the evening. But don't let that stop you from staying here. It's marvelous.

Not what it was cracked up to be!

We stayed at the Sofitel over the Fourth of July weekend and were disappointed. My husband made our reservations after reading the reviews here. We stayed in a Junior Suite since we have two children, a three year old and a one year old, so we needed the space. We found the room smaller than what we had expected. Just as others have mentioned there was nothing impressive about the bed linens. Certainly not what you would find in an upscale hotel. The mini bar was a shock. No juice or wine. The bathroom had hair allover the floor and a candy wrapper. Yes, it did have a candle and an orchid.
We arrived rather late in the evening so we ordered room service. They brought the food up and there was not enough room in the "livingroom" part of the suite for all of us to eat. There weren't enough chairs for everyone to sit at the table and the coffee table was too high for the children to sit on the floor and eat. It was too high for even my husband and I to sit on the floor and eat at . The food was bland and disappointing. Not only did they not have a childrens menu but they didn't even have anything on the menu that a child would eat. I will say they did have a pasta dish so we were able to order just the pasta and asked them to put butter and cheese but even that tasted bland.
The first night we stayed I got hardly any sleep. There was this loud horrible noise that reminded me of noisey water pipes. I would just fall asleep and the sound would wake me up. It continued throughout the night and morning. We stopped at the front desk before we started out the next day and found out it was the elevator. We were told it was being worked on. Thankfully it was fixed by that night.
Not once did they replace our used glasses. We had to call down to request clean glasses each night so we could have a drink. We stayed three nights and only one night did they turn down our bed.
Our last night there I was unable to find my older childs teddy bear. He sleeps with this bear and one other every night. Luckily he was exhausted so he didn't put up a fuss when we couldn't find it. I figured it was somewhere in the room and we would find it the next day. We looked the next day before we left and it was no where to be found. I told the front desk that it was missing. They took my name and number and told me security would get back to me. I have yet to hear from them. (We came home for a few days and headed back out on another trip so I haven't had a chance to call them back myself.)
I will say that the location is great. We were very close to a park where the kids could run and burn off some toddler energy. We were able to walk to the Philly Fourth of July parade.
The staff was very nice and informative. They were great with the kids.
All in all it was not what it was not cracked up to be.

magnificent

All I can say is magnificent. My new bride and I stayed there 7/10/04 for our honeymoon night. We arrived around 11 p.m. and were given keys to our jr. suite. The suite was bigger than we had expected. They had a little foyer with a table, that led into the living room with a sofa, coffee table, table and chair, tv and one other chair. The bathroom had a seperate shower/bath which were both large enough for two. The seperate vanities were a nice touch as well. All products in the bathroom were Roger and Gallet. The bedroom was amazing, king bed and a dressing area. As I said we arrived late and shortly after arriving we received a call from the front desk asking if they could send up a bottle of champagne. This I thought was a nice touch. We were more than a little tired after drinking the chanpagne, so we went to bed and what a bed it was. The bed was amazing, it felt like you were floating on a cloud. I have read other reviews about the bed linens, but in my case, they were like heaven sent. My wife and I just were engulfed by the bed and did not move until the morning. We awoke had our complimentry breakfast in our room which was fantastic, and just sank back in bed until our late check out at 3 p.m. which was included in the $169 price. This is without a doubt the best hotel I have stayed and would highly recommend, you will not be dissapointed.

Very unexpected surprise

by TripAdvisor Member NaplesVisitor

On a Friday afternoon, I made a last minute Saturday night reservation on Travelocity at a very reasonable rate - even the hotel would not honor the rate directly. I had never heard about the Sofitel but took a chance based on the reviews. The hotel was outstanding. Awesome location - right in center city. The rooms were fairly contemporary and very comfortable - great lighting and furniture. The bathrooms were marble and modern. Don't look for warm and cozy here - the place is sleek, but provides everything you would want at a 5 star hotel. The valet took the car and brought it quickly, check-in was really quick - the front desk was very accomodating. Valet parking is expensive (about NYC prices) but self-parking is not much of an option. By far, one of the best finds in Philadelphia. I'd say on par with the Ritz and Four Seasons at a much better price.

Comments